The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Champions league 2020

Home Forums General Sports Champions league 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5977

BORUSSIA DORTMUND 40/1

Of course draw they got not easy with Barca and Inter there but they used to tough groups they are and no doubt they good enough to get 2nd at least.In knockout stages last season lack the experiance cost them vs spurs.This time Hummels has rejoin them but also made them even stronger going forward with T Hazard,Brandt coming in to add them with Reus,Acalcer and Sancho going forward every chance get out of this group and over 2legs be a danger to all.

JUVENTUS 10/1

Took price before season started sign Ramsey on a free also got De Ligt from Ajax squad much stronger i worry about Cancelo going but for me this the season got to win it as team getting older now but with Chielini and Bonucci with Pjanic and Ramsey that man Ronaldo can go far

RB LEIPZIG 100/1

If there a darkhorse it is this team they were in CL before but got stagefright even star stirker Timo Werner got sub because ground to noisy for him.But now got the best young manager in Germany in Nagilsman and team is strong with Konate and Upmeracano at the back.New buy in Hadiaria be one of stars in midfield with Poulsen and Werner up top this team has the tools like Monaco and Ajax of previous years to shock.And group got expect them to with no big team in there.

Nathan HughesNathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 22783

I think City and Liverpool have been very consistent for a long time and one of those will take it.
    Not sure the European sides have improved a lot, of the long shots think Dortmund a little bit of value

Member since March 2008
    darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5977

SADIO MANE 20/1
    KARIN BENZEMA 33/1
    TIMO WERNER 66/1

Top scorer bets

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2846

I’ve taken a swing at Atletico, 29.0 on Betdaq…. Very overs in my opinion, great manager and a side set up to be a good tournament side.

Agree tho Nathan, the two English sides are the two to beat.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5977

Jack any views on top scorer bets

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2846

Mane is a solid bet at the price i’d imagine, the only slight worry is LFC do spread their goals across the front 3. For me, he’ll be our top scorer in the PL this year as well + is fast becoming our best player attacker wise.

Benzema hasn’t too bad a group and should do well vs at least 2 of the teams, but i don’t think they are very strong this year. I suppose Zidane returning gives hope.

Nice start with Werner bagging two, good price as well, Leipzig now look in a healthy position having played a very hard away fixture. Will he stay in the tournament long enough to get enough goals? who knows but a nice price to have.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5977

Think Leipzig go far mate as they in outrights nice group can top it get a 2nd place team then if some big clubs play each other in last 16 every chance going a few rounds further.

Had a 1st scorer winner with Haaland last night to bets in circus thread

Is Nath on the sauce tweet him yesterday no reply yet mate he not put any bets on CL this week in circuis thread

Participant
    • Total Posts 22783

No bets this week for me Daz.
    Was tempted to do Dortmund but left it alone

Member since March 2008
    jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2846

Well lads, now the knock out draw is up and running any views?

I think Juve are overpriced at 12s now. Have a weakened side in Lyon to take on.

If they can be solid and use Ronaldo’s goals they coudl win it.

hein bollowhein bollow
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 992

Hi folks, what did people think of the sitution when JK turned down this poor interpreter?
    I don’t think he did too much wrong, and afterwards Jürgen revealed “I was an idiot”! I would support this statement, as it is just too typical for his fatal temperament, but as a trainer I would wish him responsible for my poor old FC Cologne :whistle:

Participant
    • Total Posts 22783

I missed it but gather the interpreter didn’t do a good job
    Jurgen can be highly strung at times but did apologise so don’t see it as a problem
    He’s focused on doing his best for Liverpool and is the best thing to happen to the club in about 60 years imo
    He won’t be around forever so I’m just enjoying the ride, warts and all

Member since March 2008
    hein bollowhein bollow
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 992

You’re kind of right Nathan, as I’ve read good old Jürgen was taught before by a 9y old Liverpool kid, which worked out quite well to get him this certain accent :-)
    But when he shot down this poor interpreter he really admitted afterwards that it had more to do with his pressure before the next match, which I see as a great gesture :good:
    At least his wonderful, artificial hair didn’t move 1 mm during this press conference, so everything ought to be fine :yes:
    However, I wish you a very Merry Christmas, my dear Nathan, cos as good old Sinead had sung when she was still sane: Nothing compares to you :good: :good:

Participant
    • Total Posts 22783

Yes that was a pressure match as such as a defeat would have meant dropping into the Thursday night football which no one wants but overall Klopp has the least pressure out of any manager out there because he has built a team that is better than the best team of all time current crop of Man City and Pep lol. The only pressure is the long wait for the title which brings the burden of tension to Anfield when things get tight ie Watford the last weekend.
    That translator wasn’t you was it Hein..?? :rose: :rose:

Member since March 2008
    Participant
    • Total Posts 22783

edit double post
    Merry Christmas to you to Hein… :bye:

Member since March 2008
    hein bollowhein bollow
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 992

Thank you Nathan :bye:
    Oh no it really wasn’t me :-) , I just felt some sympathy and understanding for him, as I don’t like it when somebody in a weaker position is treated like that. Afterwards Jürgen realised it and revealed “I was an idiot”, but of course he’s only human, and as a trainer he is a giant. I would wish him for my poor old FC Cologne, but to bring them on the right track might even be too much for him :unsure:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.