The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Champions League 2013/14

Home Forums General Sports Champions League 2013/14

Viewing 17 posts - 35 through 51 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 404

Be very surprised if Arsenal win tonight,they’re missing one of their best if not their best player in my opinion in Arteta and with Ramsey still out it’ll probably be Wilshere sitting back to help Flamini and i don’t think he has the discipline to play there even when he is playing well never mind at the minute when he spends most of the time crying or mouthing.

Ozil’s not been in great form either and Cazorla’s become very inconsistent.

Ribery will be a miss and Shaqiri also but off the top off my head the Midfield and forward line for Munich will probably be something like.

Lahm Javi Martinez

Schweinsteger

Robben Kroos
    Muller

That in itself is a serious 6 but then they’ve players like Gotze Thiago and Mandzukic that could just as easily start and still be as effective,actually the more i think of how strong Bayern are the more i’m contemplating doing -1 even though it is the 1st leg and it’s in London

Participant
    • Total Posts 32174

If Arsenal are going to win this then they will have to be more disciplined in their approach. The best thing they could is to keep things really tight and play counter attack but I don’t know if that fits into Wengers thought process. If they go toe to toe they will lose 3-0.

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Participant
    • Total Posts 841

Just watched the highlights and in awe with Courtois performance, stopped two certain goals with two world class saves, the best keeper around.

The premier league maybe the best league in the world but the top English clubs are miles behind Munich and the three Spanish clubs. Could even have PSG ahead of anything we have to offer which is shame given the normality of English teams in the final in previous years.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 764

Thinking about betting United (6/5) tonight as ith the resigning of Rooney and win on the weekend I can see them gaining a bit of confidence and momentum. But I haven’t really watched Olympiakos play this year so have no idea how good they are! Anyone know?

Participant
    • Total Posts 32174

I think United will go there and bore it out and take there chance in the home tie, under 2.5 goals would be my pick.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 764

Good shout Nathan, will probably leave it then tbh!

• Total Posts 790

I think United will win quite easily tonight, like yourself Ben I haven’t seen much of Olympiakos but their star man signed for Fulham in January what does that tell you?

Also they’ve got Ex United keeper Roy Carroll in goal who is bound to give his ex club at least one goal. I expect United will win 2 or 3 nil if Rooney and RVP turn up.

Participant
    • Total Posts 404

Mitroglou’s off to Fulham and their other main man Saviola-yes that Saviola,now about 32 is also out i believe,if United have any balls they can go and win easy!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 764

The bets back on haha!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 764

United (-1) 7/2 looks nice

Rooney 2-0 33/1!
    Van Persi 2-0 30/1!

Paddypower have a MB special, if Rooney scores ANYTIME, they’ll refund first scorer, last scorer, scorecasts and correct score bets!!

Really looks like a 2-0 United win, could even be 3-0, will probably put a 0-0 to cover myself with but won’t put the bets on until later and I’ve had some more time to think about them.

Participant
    • Total Posts 404

And there’s almost all of last weeks winnings gone in 1 match,absolutely awful performance :shock:

Participant
    • Total Posts 841

Thought United wouldn’t come away with much, Olympiakos don’t lose often, one defeat in like 70 odd league games.

Participant
    • Total Posts 841

Chelsea will face a hard game against Galatasaray, I don’t rate Mancini’s side highly but a Turkish atmosphere is a few levels up from what you’d find at home. Don’t watch the turkish league but you’d expect Chelsea to grab an away goal and finish them off at the Bridge.

Real Madrid have looked better since their winter break, schalke have good players but every time I’ve watched them they always just do enough and against Madrid that won’t be good enough. If they step up they have a chance but can’t see past Ancelotti’s side.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 764

Just put £245 on Real Madrid to win tonight (4/7), coooome on!!!!!!!!

Participant
    • Total Posts 841

Chelsea got their away goal and should see off Gala at the Bridge.

Madrid were impressive last night given their dreadful (really dreadful) record against German teams in Germany.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 764

Just put £245 on Real Madrid to win tonight (4/7), coooome on!!!!!!!!

That’ll help pay for a few ante-post bets for the festival!

Madrid did indeed look very good, was funny seeing Mikel brought on right as Chelsea conceded lol, typical Mourinho!

Participant
    • Total Posts 32174

Dortmund’s price isn’t worth laying off so I’m hoping they get drawn with an easy team like United……. :lol:

Viewing 17 posts - 35 through 51 (of 62 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.