The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Champions League 2013/14

Home Forums General Sports Champions League 2013/14

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7869

Any bets from you guys here are mine.

JUVENTUS 18/1 Outright

Look at there team top keeper amazing defence there midfield of Marchiso,Vidal,Pirlo and the emerging Paul Pogba is as good as any team in Europe.Tevez will score imporant goals as well.

Top scorer bets i got 4 players.

Edinsion Cavani 33/1

I would expect PSG to score goals in there group and i think he be the main scorer for them not Zlatan.

David Villa 66/1

L ike PSG i think Madrid got easy group and this player who came from Barcelona can score goals for Madrid in this compettion.

Pierre Emrick Aubameyang 66/1

I think this player will take Europe by strom this season already got 7 goals for Dortmund.A pacy forward he is and will suprise this season.

Arturo Vidal 150/1

Always a midfielder who will score goals for a team to go far in compettion.Muller for Bayern got 8 and i think Vidal will be main scorer for a long run by Juventus he take pens too.

Any thoughts on my tips and any bets from you guys.

Participant
    • Total Posts 32174

Some very good prices Darren. good luck.

I’m on Dortmund as I think the 25’s is because of the group and they will be much shorter once they get through to the knock out phase.

Blackbeard to conquer the World

• Total Posts 790

Mentioned it on another thread Napoli look great value at 40/1. Benitez’s record in Europe is outstanding, he’s already brought in a great keeper in Reina. He’ll organize the defence and has great attacking options in Higuain and Hamsik.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 764

Anyone else hit up the Man Utd win (10/11) against Leverkusen the other night?

Participant
    • Total Posts 841

Atletico Madrid could be a team to watch out for, 100% record in all competitions so far. Look like a solid well organised team who will be tough to crack, all over Madrid the other day away from home in the derby.

Edit – I thought they would be around 12’s or 14’s but they are double that, I wouldn’t have any English clubs ahead of them on quality.

BlueDuster
    • Total Posts 4

City are a tempting 12/5 at home to beat Bayern on Wednesday. They’ll be up for this one second game in with the home crowd roaring them on.

• Total Posts 237

I think Arsenal could be a decent bet, as they seem to have a better balance with Ozil in the team and him and Wilshere will play a key role in all competitions.

Participant
    • Total Posts 841

Atletico will qualify, but it would be a struggle to win the tournament. I agree with Gerry Armstrong that A.Madrid are a force to be reckoned with and in the coming seasons will be one of the top teams in Europe.

Participant
    • Total Posts 841

By qualify I mean they’ll get into the round of sixteen.

Participant
    • Total Posts 32174

Getting ahead to the next round of fixtures if Napoli beat Arsenal and Dortmund beat Marseille all three of the top sides will be on 12 points how does this break down in sorting out who gets what position? In the real world it should be down to goal difference but I have a feeling this is not the case anymore.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

If it’s not goal difference it’s probably decided on head to head record? Or head to head to head record in this case :|

Not much help to you!

Participant
    • Total Posts 32174

You have to feel for Napoli going out with 12 points.

• Total Posts 790

You have to feel for Napoli going out with 12 points.

Especially when you backed them! :lol:

However I’m not to disheartened had they finished above Arsenal the next round would have been tough anyway and they’d probably have went out.

Don’t fancy Arsenal’s chances in the next round Madrid, Barca, Bayern, Atletico or PSG! Think Wenger may well be hoping for one of the latter two but that would still be two tough games.

Participant
    • Total Posts 32174

The draw

Manchester City v Barcelona

Olympiakos v Manchester United

AC Milan v Atletico Madrid

Bayer Leverkusen v Paris Saint-Germain

Galatasaray v Chelsea

Schalke v Real Madrid

Zenit St Petersburg v Borussia Dortmund

Arsenal v Bayern Munich

I’m very happy with Dortmund’s draw, there is no guarantees but I will be disappointed if they don’t make the QF where I shall lay off unless they get matched with Olympiakos or Galatasaray. Arsenal are gone but I can see City progressing.

• Total Posts 790

Not think Arsenal’s performance (Second leg) against Munich last year will give them hope Nathan? One could argue Arsenal are a better team now to, although the same could be said of Bayern with Pep now in charge I suppose, not seen enough of them personally to know tbh.

It wouldn’t be a surprise to me if Arsenal went through, same with City although winning at home will be imperative for both. United will go through, Chelsea could struggle Galatasary are no mugs(Just ask Juventus!).

Game of the round for me will be Milan-Atl Madrid, Milan are doing awful in Serie A think their down in about 10th? Poor league form doesn’t stop teams winning the CL (Chelsea 6th in League in 2011 WON & Liverpool 5th in 2005 WON). Madrid are flying high in La Liga but I can see Balotelli running the show and inspiring Milan into the next round at least…

Out of the 8 games I’d predict Barca, United, Milan, PSG, Chelsea, Madrid, Dortmund and Munich to advance. Although as always I’ll be hoping United get knocked out. :lol:

Participant
    • Total Posts 32174

It will give them hope and they can destroy anyone on their day but for me they are far too attacking and need to adapt their game against the top sides and win ugly and battle it out. The keeper and defence and holding midfield player is still their weakness and the better sides will have a field day with such naïve tactics employed by Wenger such as City scoring 6 the other day.
    Maximum bet on Bayern to progress.

Participant
    • Total Posts 841

From what I’ve seen this season, Milan should struggle home and away against Madrid.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 62 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.