The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Caspian Caviar Gold Cup 2020

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Caspian Caviar Gold Cup 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17320

Really decent entry…..

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/11/cheltenham/2020-12-12/770661

https://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing/ante-post-racing/national-hunt/caspian-caviar-gold-cup/winner

Straightforward one for me at this stage.

Midnight Shadow is surely better than we seen at Aintree, and I think that although Master Tommytucker is rocketing up the weights, he’s getting better and better. The 12’s is good for him, but he’s risky, as there must be other targets they have in mind for him. He would only be an interest just now, but I’ll watch the entries.

Caribean Boy, Cepage, and Modus all look interesting too.

Master Tommytucker 12’s
    Midnight Shadow 25’s

waroftheroses
    Participant
    • Total Posts 36

I’ll probably go with two who flopped in the paddy power.

Simply The Betts at 11-1, if he doesn’t run in The Peterborough Chase on Sunday, and Saint Sonnet I’ve already bet at 16-1

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2546

Windsor Avenue 12-1 ew 5 places.

An intended runner according to the trainer….

The unexposed Windsor Avenue, who underwent wind surgery during the summer, has racked up six wins and four seconds from a dozen starts under Rules. Trainer Brian Ellison said of the eight-year-old:
    “At the moment, Windsor Avenue definitely runs in the Caspian Caviar Gold Cup.
    He won his first two chases nicely last season and then he had a problem with his wind. We eventually sorted that over the summer – he had a soft palate hobday – and we were very pleased with what we saw at Carlisle for a first run back. Overall, I thought the Colin Parker looked a good race and the form seems to be working out that way given what the winner did at Ascot [Imperial Aura].
    That run definitely brought our lad on a bit and it will be interesting to see how he gets on in a handicap. Touch wood, his jumping is great and he won’t be ridden too far away anyway. I will be going there expecting a big run, as I think a lot of him and always have done.”

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17320

Bit of support for Master Tommytucker the last 24 hours, so had a bit more on at 10’s.

TakeYourTime
    Participant
    • Total Posts 92

Don’t ask me why but i keep coming back to Benatar for this. Been off the track ages, doesn’t settle, didn’t impress in his Newbury gallop. What’s not to like? :mail:

TomBarkley87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1747

The handicapper hasn’t been overly harsh on Coole Cody and he’s got a fair chance of backing up his Paddy Power win.

Along with him I’d lean on Espoir De Guye if he lines up. They’ll do for me.

@TomBarkley87

buckers
    Participant
    • Total Posts 574

I like Coole Cody as well. I think that 12-1 is too good to refuse here, as I think he has to run surely.

The other one I’m going to bet is Saint Sonnet at around 16-1, but I will wait and see if he is in the declarations this afternoon. I bet him last month, but I am willing to give him another chance.

TakeYourTime
    Participant
    • Total Posts 92

5 day decs:

Master Tommytucker
    Cepage
    Mister Fisher
    Clondaw Castle
    Al Dancer
    Huntsman Son
    Windsor Avenue
    Midnight Shadow
    Saint Sonnet
    Good Boy Bobby
    Drumconnor Lad
    Southfield Stone
    Coole Cody
    Annie Mc
    Benatar
    Chatham Street Lad
    Champagne Mystery
    Romain De Senam
    Militarian
    Templepark
    Musical Slave
    Whatswrongwithyou
    Ibis Du Rheu
    Sky Pirate

Maximum field 17

You’d think it’ll be soft at best come Saturday so, with that in mind, i’m binning Benatar for now and same goes for Saint Sonnet. I don’t think he stays the trip on soft ground.

It’s between Coole Cody And Sky Pirate for me

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2546

I noticed a few horses near the top of the list also have entries in the Peterborough Chase.

The two I am on is Windsor Avenue 12-1 and Coole Cody 12-1. Ew 5 places. They should be running from quotes I have seen.

BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7855

It’s Good To Soft at the moment, sunny intervals with some light showers
    possible today, a couple of drying days Wednesday and Thursday, some light
    showers Friday and dry on Saturday. I’m hoping it maybe be on the good side
    of g/s and that would give Templepark a reasonable chance of getting
    involved at the finish. He’s a model of consistancy, only once out of the 1st
    3 in 15 runs, and that was when he fell when just headed 3 out at Kempton in
    February. He’ll be running off his highest mark, but at 7 there’s possibly
    more to come.

Templepark 33/1 Ladbrokes

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3612

I really like Winsdor Avenue and think he is very talented but just have a vague notion that a flatter track and smaller field would suit better.

Southfield Stone’s jumping was good round here in two stàrts this autumn. He doesn’t hold any other entries and is jocked up already.

Southfield Stone 20s ew 5pl Paddy Power

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2546

I backed Southfield Stone to make 3 Green but cashed out when I noticed he needs decent ground. Too risky at the moment.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3612

Yes it’s definitely a concern Mike.

He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 738

AL dancer is handicapped to reverse the form with coole cody , he,s a nice e.w bet if he does come here

Kendicate
    Participant
    • Total Posts 74

Does anyone give the Irish raider a chance in this. Hard to see on ratings but the same could be said for the shunter in the greatwood and we all know how that ended?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.