The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Carry On Katie (Woodman/Dinka Raja) progeny

Home Forums Horse Racing Carry On Katie (Woodman/Dinka Raja) progeny

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    CarryOnRacing
    • Total Posts 48

Just to continue a thread from the old board that vanished, a few of you were interested in the progress of this line.
    Someone mentioned that COK had her second Cape Cross offspring in April.

As for the family, a sister – Carry On Ellie made her debut at Navan at the end of April for Niall Nevin.
    Half-sister Pinkabout disappointed in a listed fillies’ race at Warwick last time and is in the July sales next week.

Ugly Mare
    • Total Posts 1294

thanks for keeping us informed. I’ve lost track of it lately so just as well you’re on the ball :)

CarryOnRacing
    • Total Posts 48

Woodman sadly died at Ashford Stud on Thursday night, he had sired over 100 stakes winners including of course Dinka Raja (dam of COK).. :(

The half-sister Pinkabout was one of the top lots in the recent July sales and went to breeder Seamus Kennedy who must be as big a fan of this progeny as me (he also has Carry On Ellie).
    She will stay in training with Stan Moore until next year.

rainbow-promises
    • Total Posts 126

r.i.p. woodman, hope hawk wing can live up to woodman’s name at stud as his son :(

CarryOnRacing
    • Total Posts 48

First Cape Cross x Carry On Katie offspring is a colt that’s been named Charles Dickens. Now two-years-old and while there’s no word as to who will be training him this year all signs point to Godolphin.

Black Sam Bellamy
    • Total Posts 441

Carry on Katie is back in foal to Cape Cross, as is Gonfilia who has also retired to Darley.

Bandari
    • Total Posts 22

First Cape Cross x Carry On Katie offspring is a colt that’s been named Charles Dickens. Now two-years-old and while there’s no word as to who will be training him this year all signs point to Godolphin.

He is in training with Mark Johnston i think

Black Sam Bellamy
    • Total Posts 441

Charles Dickens runs in the first at Thirsk today.

jupiter_pluvius
    • Total Posts 6

Saw his first run at thirsk. Think he was probably in too good condition – ie. carrying too much weight as was an issue earlier this summer with some of the yard’s 2yos. Sure its sorted by now though.
    Hes very small – in fact when I saw him on the back of the sring in the village I was sure he was a pony! He stands about 14.2hh.

yorkshirepudding
    • Total Posts 608

Their is nothing wrong with small horses, I get annoyed with people slagging off small horses, Once Upon A cat Is Tiny, she has won a maiden and two handicaps, when she won her maiden the slagged her off because of her size before hand.
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=xvoGhYlcHPk

She made them eat their words!

If Charles Dickens is tiny then who cares, whats stoppiung him running like a scalded cat, nothiong bar his abilty or lack of it.

CarryOnRacing
    • Total Posts 48

Very belated update!

The first foal Charles Dickens was never seen in Britain again after that debut run at Thirsk and was sold to race in Dubai. His brother Capacity also started life with Mark Johnston and fared better, twice finishing runner-up at 2 yrs. He is racing in Ireland for T McCourt now and shaped well last time.
    There is a third foal from the exact same line named Circus Act.

A half-brother to COK by Pivotal appeared last season in the shape of Hanson’D. He won a maiden at Ayr and has run in a couple of good races this year.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.