The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Worst date?

Home Forums Lounge Worst date?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    SwallowCottage
    • Total Posts 1008

I can remember my worst date very well. I was a naive 19 year old and my friend and myself used to go out on the town hoping to meet some nice young women. Nine times out of ten we would fail. One night we met these two women and my friend got on extremely well with his future girlfriend called Geraldine whilst I failed miserably to connect to this woman called Dawn.

My friend arranged for us to meet up the following night and to my horror, they turned up. Dawn and myself had almost nothing in common. She seemed miserable and lethargic and was fat in what I thought was an unusual way. She didn’t drink alcohol or dance much and I just stayed with her in sufferance all evening out of loyalty to my mate who was laughing and joking with Geraldine and the atmosphere was very odd. The evening almost went slower than most of the horses that I back and after what seemed an eternity I said goodbye and that was it. Six hours of boredom and awkwardness had felt like a week.

Oh, I later found out the reason why Dawn seemed unusually fat? She was 4 months pregnant <!– s:o –>:o<!– s:o –>

Anybody else got any horror stories regarding dates they have been on?

Pete

crizzy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 789

Pete,
    Ummmm….No, I can’t beat that :shock:
    But I would bet there will be some good ones on this thread soon! :D

Ugly Mare
    • Total Posts 1294

hi Pete,

a shocking experience for you, at such a tender age. Presumably you thought it could only get better, which leads us on to:-
    What was your next worst date? :lol:

Himself
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3777

Yes, it was a blind date – and one I’ll never forget. :shock:

When I was in secondary school (4th year), a mate of mine wanted to go out with this girl so bad – and she agreed to go put with him on one condition – i.e. he found someone to go out with her friend.

That’s where I come in. He asked me to help him out and I agreed to go out with her mate – even though I had never set eyes on her before. My mate persuaded me (after much interrogation on my part) that this other girl was ok looking (even though he too hadn’t set eyes on her); not a beauty he said, but certainly not a minger. :lol:

At 7pm that evening, my mate and I met them at the bus-stop. It soon became very, very apparent as to which one was my date.
    Think Olive from On The Buses meets the fat bird on Eastenders… and she had NO make-up on and was wearing a thick black and white checked overcoat. It was a summer’s evening. Let’s just say she wasn’t what you would call appealing to the eye.

I gave him a long hard "no waaaaay!" look, and he just smiled and said, oh come on, please.

It was at that moment a blinding flash of inspiration came over me, and one which though I didn’t regret at the time, I now feel very, very gulity about some 35 years on. It was probably the most selfish and immature thing I’ve ever done in my life. Thinking back.God knows how that poor girl must have felt at the time. I hope she has recovered from the rejection. :oops:

Without another moment’s hesitation I ran away … home… as fast as I could. I never came back. Next day at school , I expected my mate to be angry with me, but he told me that after I had bolted the scene, he immediately burst out laughing, which in turn upset his "partner" which in turn led her to jilt him there and then, before partnering "Olive" home on the very next bus.

Ah, those crazy days of youth. :lol:

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

SwallowCottage
    • Total Posts 1008

Thinking back.God knows how that poor girl must have felt at the time. I hope she has recovered from the rejection. :oops:

Ever heard of Friends Reunited – maybe you can track her down and see how she is :)

hi Pete,

a shocking experience for you, at such a tender age. Presumably you thought it could only get better, which leads us on to:-
    What was your next worst date? :lol:

The problem is that there are so many to choose from :oops: I remember going for a drink with a woman who spent most of the evening picking at a wart on her left hand. You will not be surprised that I did not ask her out again.
    So Margaret, how about you – don’t be shy as I’m sure you must have plenty of stories to tell us :)

Pete

Ugly Mare
    • Total Posts 1294

…plenty?…lol…I have one or two I may divulge in due course Pete, but they will wait for another day. Meantime, Himself has made me laugh uncontrollably :D

Zoz
    • Total Posts 703

I can recall my worst.

Within half an hour he’d confessed to being an Arsenal supporter.

Might as well have left right then.

Kingston Town
    • Total Posts 1049

I can recall my worst.

Within half an hour he’d confessed to being an Arsenal supporter.

Might as well have left right then.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

It was when I didn’t drive and went out with this Aussie who drank himself under the table (now there’s a surprise) so when he attempted to drive me home, I managed to force him out of the driver’s seat and get in myself. Not only couldn’t I drive it was a manual to boot!
    So after kangaroo hopping down the street for 5 minutes we were pulled over my the local friendly policeman (gulp – I thought my parents are going to kill me, slowly and painfully :shock: ) but he was very nice and charged ‘him’ with being drunk and in charge of a vehicle!!!! Haaaaaaaaaa
    I rang his father to bail him out, ran and never stopped till I cleared the state line. I was a mere 15 and to this day have a morbid fear of anyone who drinks and even looks at a set of car keys! :lol:

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6965

Worst date in a calendar sense? October 5th, 2006 – the day the Sportsman ceased trading with immediate effect and the death of Quixall Crossett was announced. There were tears.

Worst date in a relationship sense? Probably a stunningly beautiful, literate, arty 19 year-old woman I dated many years ago who still lived at home, and whose father “knew people” who would break both our legs if I so much as held her hand on a date. He duly employed her older brother and some of said heavies to track our every move on the (ultimately) few dates we had before she was ordered to call it off.

A very strange set-up, all told.

gc

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Kingston Town
    • Total Posts 1049

Well out of that one I think GC :shock:

% MAN
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5104

I somehow managed to have a date with this really drop dead gorgeous girl, the sort who would turn heads as she walked down the street.

Half an hour into the date I knew it was a big mistake and the dinner turned into the longest meal of my life.

For all her good looks she had the intellectual capacity of an amoeba, the conversational skills of a mute and I think the strain of uttering any multi-syllable words would have had her passing out from stress. And if I heard her pathetic girly giggle one more time I think I would have killed her.

It was a good lesson for life though – never judge a book by its cover.

Thereafter my preference was always for a "plain Jane" with a brain rather than a glamour puss with nothing inside the head.

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3181

I went on a double date with a mate of mine and he’d set me up with his then girlfriends best mate. We went to the cinema as you do aged 16, then went to McDonalds – got something to eat etc. and she spent every 10 minutes in the toilets. It was only later on I found out she had bulaemia and hardly ate anything at all – we dated for a while and she was a lovely girl though, worst bit was I forgot to lock my mobile phone and had tight jeans on so managed to dial home from them – my sister and parents heard the entire one hour conversation from McDonalds :(

Martin

GhostofTheFellow
    • Total Posts 410

It was with a girl from our office she was a Jodie Marsh lookalike,shed actually asked me out twice(but i had already had her down a a slapper!!!!!

Then gave up took her for a meal the food was crap,and had little in common…went back to her flat and the night of filthy sex made up for it!!!!!

Been married for 10 years now and got a little girl!!!!!

rory
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

It was with a girl from our office she was a Jodie Marsh lookalike,shed actually asked me out twice(but i had already had her down a a slapper!!!!!

Then gave up took her for a meal the food was crap,and had little in common…went back to her flat and the night of filthy sex made up for it!!!!!

Been married for 10 years now and got a little girl!!!!!

How romantic!

lollys mate
    • Total Posts 625

Can I remember my worst date?

OHHH Yes.

Every time I wake up next to her !

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.