Bryony Frost…

Home Forums Horse Racing Bryony Frost…

This topic contains 23 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  LD73 2 hours, 34 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    cormack15
    cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 9982

Annoying?

Or is it just me?

Give me Rachael Blackmore any day of the week.

Cav
    Cav
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4923

Much to my shame, I did in the early days of her increased media profile wonder if all her wisdom and “life-hackery” sounded a little bit homespun, contrived and twee, and then I read the interview she did for the RP Big Read with Alastair Down in January ’18 and changed my mind. Its well worth a read if you haven’t done so already, David.

Being a jockey is a tough game, a National Hunt jockey in particular, so I hope she makes the most of every opportunity that comes her way.

She deserves it.

https://www.racingpost.com/news/remarkable-journey-from-serious-illness-to-healthy-success-for-rising-sta/315415

chestnut
    Participant
    • Total Posts 329

No.

But typical less than 24 hours after her biggest achievement and she has to be brought down. Shame on you for asking it cormack15.

Quelle Farce
    Quelle Farce
    Participant
    • Total Posts 126

How dare she have a personality?

How dare she clearly love her horse?

How dare she enjoy winning?

The race was thrilling and her reaction and interview was lovely. Only a grump could deny that.

Seven Towers
    Seven Towers
    Participant
    • Total Posts 632

I find the way she talks about the horses she rides very refreshing. She sounds like she really cares. Best of luck to her.

chestnut
    Participant
    • Total Posts 329

Well said Quelle Farce.

Cormack15 are we only allowed 1 female jockey?

clivexx
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1133

Baffled by this. Shes lovely and an absolute star.

What do we want her to act like? Tont mccoy with a heavy cold at a monday morning funeral in the pouring rain?

Front page of the papers today and what a profile for the sport

admin
    admin
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 682

Lol. I’ll get back into my box!

I suppose you are all correct, she seems to have captured the public’s hearts a little and her enthusiasm is infectious I guess.

I’ll read that article Cav.

Cormack

peter .h
    peter .h
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1112

Nothing wrong with Bryony. The problem is the media’s behaviour towards her. She deserved every plaudit she received yesterday and the next hour spent talking about how many women are making big waves in the sport was warranted if slightly overbearing towards the end of it.

Then Lizzie Kelly has her big moment in the spotlight, further adding to the previous hour talking about female progression. What does she get? She’s asked to talk about Bryony.

The media will become her poison chalace sooner or later. And it’s a shame because she’s so talented.

chestnut
    Participant
    • Total Posts 329

Obviously you don’t have to like her Cormack, and I would not be surprised if there are not a lot of people who agree with you.

It just seemed the usual reaction to me, that as soon as somebody achieves something they have to be brought down. Also typical of todays social media age.

And to make it a choice between Bryony Frost and Rachel Blackmore was just crass.

Coggy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1221

The media seem absolutely obsessed with her.
    The cynic in me can’t help but suspect that she manipulates this media maelstrom.
    She is a decent enough jockey who generally presents a horse well at a fence.
    But lets get this in perspective she isn’t even the number one jockey in her own stable.
    Too much hype in my view , but each to their own.
    It’s not Bryony’s fault , but the Lizzie Kelly interview was truly shocking in it’s sycophancy re Frost.

Archipenko
    Archipenko
    Participant
    • Total Posts 50

I liked the emotion she showed towards her horse. It reminded me of how I felt on the odd occasion my horse and I did well at a competition. People have such love for these animals why not show it.

betlarge
    betlarge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2680

Magnificent thread!

When it comes to urinating on people’s French-fries, racing’s followers are truly unsurpassed. :good:

Mike

Archipenko
    Archipenko
    Participant
    • Total Posts 50

I’m pleased that everyone on this thread has stuck up for Bryony. My faith in humanity is restored .

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7737

Well, women are usually the most critical of other women and I adore her; she epitomises everything I love about NH racing. And is one in the eye for people who say racing people don’t care about the horses.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.