Bryony Frost sponsored by Jockey Club Racecourses

Home Forums Horse Racing Bryony Frost sponsored by Jockey Club Racecourses

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2575

Hmm. Bit weird. Like a tennis player being sponsored by the All England Club or something. I know she has been a (presumably paid) ambassador for them for a while, and it’s all good for racing, and this is just one step further but I dunno.

Suppose Bryony is hauled in for a tight could-go-either-way stewards’ enquiry on a big Saturday at a JCR course against a journeyman, male, non box office, non JCR sponsored jockey who was on a boring horse without a media friendly story. Not saying they would be biased but it has the potential to look bad.

KevMcKevMc
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1127

The JCR don’t employ the stewards so that bias shouldn’t take place, but things like this happen in all walks of life. You very rarely see a green and gold non-trier pulled into the stewards, why is that?

yeatsyeats
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2896

Could be a lot worse, can you imagine the furore and integrity issues if jockeys or even trainers were sponsored by bookmakers?

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2575

I nearly put that in my post!!
    I didn’t know the stewards weren’t attached to the racecourse so that makes it better.

Ex RubyLightEx RubyLight
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1293

Could be a lot worse, can you imagine the furore and integrity issues if jockeys or even trainers were sponsored by bookmakers?

That would be a huge scandal. Imagine Paul Nicholls or Gordon Elliott having, lets say Betfair, as a sponsor.

CavCav
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4785

The new Nicholls/Betfair video is pretty slick.

https://twitter.com/betfairracing/status/1196753448517193729

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.