The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Bryony Frost sponsored by Jockey Club Racecourses

Home Forums Horse Racing Bryony Frost sponsored by Jockey Club Racecourses

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3018

Hmm. Bit weird. Like a tennis player being sponsored by the All England Club or something. I know she has been a (presumably paid) ambassador for them for a while, and it’s all good for racing, and this is just one step further but I dunno.

Suppose Bryony is hauled in for a tight could-go-either-way stewards’ enquiry on a big Saturday at a JCR course against a journeyman, male, non box office, non JCR sponsored jockey who was on a boring horse without a media friendly story. Not saying they would be biased but it has the potential to look bad.

KevMcKevMc
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1235

The JCR don’t employ the stewards so that bias shouldn’t take place, but things like this happen in all walks of life. You very rarely see a green and gold non-trier pulled into the stewards, why is that?

yeatsyeats
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2908

Could be a lot worse, can you imagine the furore and integrity issues if jockeys or even trainers were sponsored by bookmakers?

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3018

I nearly put that in my post!!
    I didn’t know the stewards weren’t attached to the racecourse so that makes it better.

Ex RubyLightEx RubyLight
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1495

Could be a lot worse, can you imagine the furore and integrity issues if jockeys or even trainers were sponsored by bookmakers?

That would be a huge scandal. Imagine Paul Nicholls or Gordon Elliott having, lets say Betfair, as a sponsor.

CavCav
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4812

The new Nicholls/Betfair video is pretty slick.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.