The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Brown Advisory Plate 2019

Home Forums Archive Topics Cheltenham Archive Cheltenham 2019 Brown Advisory Plate 2019

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16271

One of my favourite races of the week, and my kind of race, but my record in it is appalling. Only had the winner once, and that was by default, I just can’t read it. Won’t stop me trying though….

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/11/cheltenham/2019-03-14/722089

https://www.oddschecker.com/cheltenham-festival/brown-advisory-plate-merribelle-stakes/winner

Thankfully, given my record in it, I have no standout fancy at this stage.

If Cubomania fails to qualify for The Close Bros, then he would definitely be bet, and I’m as well taking that 25’s NRNB, but I really do hope that I see him on The Tuesday. Stablemate A Toi Phil is on my radar for something. Unfortunately I don’t know what that “something” is. It’ll probably end up being The Galway Plate. All joking aside, he’s better than we’ve seen, of that I’m sure. He’ll be getting a second look wherever he traps at The Festival, should he make it. He can bet bet 25’s NRNB.

Gigginstown have taken the last couple of runnings of this, and as well as A Toi Phil, they have a few more in there as well. Valseur Lido could be the forgotten horse here. It’s easy to forget how well he ran in The Grand National last year, and he wasn’t too bad in The Bobbyjo either. I can’t possibly write him off here 33’s NRNB.

I bet Modus at Kempton on Saturday, and he was never sighted. Not completely disheartend with him though, and I could make a case for him at 33’s.

As much as I like Ballybolley, he didn’t really figure in this last year, though he might find the ground more to his liking last time, while the run of stablemate Ballyhill at Ascot last week, was very eyecatching. I could give both chances. Ballybolley is 40’s, but I’m amazed at that 25’s for Ballyhill.

Another who ran very well at Ascot last week was Calipto, and the 20’s for him here, for a yard who love this race, is very fair.

I thought that Bigmartre ran a sound race in The JLT last year, I haven’t forgotten that, and he might just be a bit of a dark horse here. Other outsiders from these shores to consider, could be Testify, and especially Splash of Ginge, who ran such a big race in this last year.

Last but not least though is Pleasant Company. Best known for his heroics at Aintree last year, and getting as close to Tiger Roll as he did, is rock solid form. Yes, this trip is shorter, but he’s versatile enough, I’d have no concerns on that front, and with the National Weights framed, no shock to see an early return to form here at a very appealing 33’s NRNB.

I’ll probably bet Cubomania before Tuesday, but this would be the early shortlist, for all that I shouldn’t bother in this race…..

A Toi Phil 25’s
    Cubomania 25’s
    Pleasant Company 33’s
    Valseur Lido 33’s

peter .h
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1325

Spiritofthegames for me looks ideal for this.

I’d prefer to see Movewithetimes trap here, but he’ll more likely run on Tuesday.

Splash Of Ginge will always be of interest over track and trip, especially with the impending rainfall.

KevMc
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1258

Janika & Siruh Du Lac form is the one to be with here.

Backed Janika earlier in the week and think he’ll go off fav. SDL is a bit short now, may have him onside if he goes out to 8s+ on the day.

Kalondra is the other one i like, novice run at Cheltenham beating Coo Star was a very nice run and 148 underrates a couple of his other runs. Neil Mulholland flying also, he’s quite a streaky trainer so catching him during this spell could be useful. Took some 20s about him yesterday.

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16271

He’s still got an entry for The Close Bros, and I will add him if he goes there, but first play in this is for Roaring Bull.

Very happy with how he’s been brought along, and I think he’s a horse I’ll be following closely over the next couple of seasons. I think he has loads of potential.

Roaring Bull 20’s EW NRNB

raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4971

I am on him for the Close Brothers Bobby :scratch: :scratch:

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16271

It’s what NRNB is made for Raymo.

Serious potential this horse, and I’ll be with him wherever he traps.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2712

Kalondra 16s ew probably.

DBRDBR
    Participant
    • Total Posts 560

I’ve gone for Spiritofthegames at 9/1 and Doitforthevillga at 20/1 EW. I backed Spiritofthegames for the JLT, I thought he would have a fair chance in that. But they have gone for this race and could be very well handicapped. Course form, the trip is fine, good 3rd behind Kildisart. I also like Doitforthevillage. Ran a decent race in the Grand Annual last year, but this trip should be even better. Finished 2nd behind Cyrname at Ascot and after that a close 3rd at Warwick. He hasn’t been raised for both races.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2712

In the end I went for Kalondra & Spritofthegames ew 5 places. Race is a minefield.

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16271

Not one to go mad on for me. Cracking lineup, but tricky as hell.

I’ll just go winninly here on this pair, considering my horrendous record in it.

Doitforthevillage 20’s
    Valseur Lido 33’s

Quelle Farce
    Participant
    • Total Posts 220

I’ve taken 45 minutes looking through this one this morning, and I’ve narrowed my shortlist down to 16 of them…

I love these races (eg BetVictor Gold Cup) but they are even more a lottery than the GN in some respects.

Racingorchid
    Participant
    • Total Posts 175

Siruh du Lac

BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8104

I’ve gone double handed in this one, River Wylde at 11/1 and
    Azzerti e/w at 20s. Absolutely wide open race. Good luck :good:

BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8104

Oh, and just in case, I did the rev f/c too. Surely that’s not asking too much :unsure:

patriot1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 534

It’s Frodon all over again!!

Boy did he jump!!

And how is Lizzie Kelly still a claimer? So underrated.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.