The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Britannia Stakes

Home Forums Archive Topics Royal Ascot Archive Royal Ascot 2021 Britannia Stakes

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7520

Another big field event which may well be decided by the draw. The two rails have been favoured in big fields and my gut instinct is to split the field into high and low races.

Top of my ratings with draws in brackets:

130 Tawleed (30)
    121 Laelaps (5)
    117 Star Of Orion (6)
    117 Grid (16)
    117 Royal Pleasure (3)
    116 Legal Attack (13)

I always find this a difficult race to crack but I’ll have a go with a prominently rated trio at fancy odds.

Top two each drawn near enough to the rail on their own side. Tawleed 28/1has shown decent form on stiff tracks and I have no problem forgiving a duff run at Goodwood which can be a tough track to handle. Steps up in trip but doing enough at the end of 7 furlongs to suggest the mile is within his compass.

Of the low draws, Star Of Orion 50/1 lacks a run but I would assume his trainer would have him ready for an event like this. Any rain won’t be a problem and he went very close in a big field Sales race at the Curragh last September. Two-year-old form strongly suggests the mile will suit.

Not totally convinced about Laelaps but at a price of 50/1 I’d go for a little each-way.

• Total Posts 15024

Been a fan of Mithras since I first saw him, and I really liked the idea of him for The Cambridgeshire. That’ll probably be shelved if he wins this, but I’m expecting him to go close. Still kicking myself for not taking the 14’s Antepost, but took the 15-2 early doors.

Mithras 15-2

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7607

I’ll try Grid 28s and Big Narstie 50s, both ew.
    Good luck all.

Participant
    • Total Posts 32178

Spencer will love this
    hold up, hold up, hold, up, hold up
    blast home

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.