The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Breeders Cup Turf

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Breeders Cup Turf

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    FlatSeasonLover
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2067

I’d have to be tempted to go for one of the European horses – I have to believe that our 12f turf horses are better than theres.

wit
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2157

Hurricane Run looks the most likely winner despite recent runs.

At likely prices though, I’d go with T H Approval to improve, noting also that:

–  via The Tin Man it arguably has as much a chance as Cacique; and

–  at Churchill Downs this hasn’t been a favourites race.

<br>best regards

wit  <br>

(Edited by wit at 11:56 am on Nov. 2, 2006)

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17718

Hurricane Run has always needed a strong pace at 12f to be fuly effective, something he hasn’t had at all this season.<br>Considering the way the King George was run, he produced an excellent effort to get up in the shadow of the post, and showed there that he is still the same horse as last year, given the right circumstances.<br> Slightly unlucky in the Arc, it was nevertheless an excellent run considering the steady pace and fast ground.<br>Given a proper lead in the ‘Turf’ he should blow these away, but will he get one?<br>Scorpion is the key horse in this respect, already proven over further, able to run his race from the front, and another who cannot afford any hanging about in the early stages, he will hopefully ensure a proper test, thus setting the race up for (imo) the best 12f horse in the world.

(With apologies to Zorro:) ).

edited to add: <br>And he also now has the ground in his favour.;)

<br>(Edited by reet hard at 7:58 am on Nov. 2, 2006)<br>

(Edited by reet hard at 8:01 am on Nov. 2, 2006)

Zorro
    • Total Posts 472

That’s OK reethard:) I do wish Deep had run to form in Paris though:( <br>Agree about the Hurricane. If the Arc first three were in this they’d laugh at this lot – with the possible exception of Scorpion if somehow they’ve got him back to his best. That would be some achievement though, wouldn’t it.

Zorro
    • Total Posts 472

Hello Morticia, you lovely creature.<br>Why don’t you spell your name correctly?

Zorro
    • Total Posts 472

Edit?:)

Gareth Flynn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 583

The Tin Man isn’t running.

I’m pretty convinced that none of the Europeans will get the pace they need, and I think Hurricane Run has been over as a winning proposition since he busted a gut to win the King George.

Racing Daily
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1364

I’m looking forward to this year’s Breeders Cup.  It looks distinctly classy.  David Junior v George Washington v Bernardini v Discreet Cat is mouth-watering.

Brevityy
    • Total Posts 16

Discreet Cat isn’t running. George vs. David for last will be a good contest.

Racing Daily
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1364

Quote: from Brevityy on 1:55 pm on Nov. 2, 2006[br]Discreet Cat isn’t running. George vs. David for last will be a good contest.

Yeah, I just noticed that.  Bugger!<br>It’s still the race of the day for me though.  Bernardini is obviously a monster, but GW will be a tough nut to crack if he doesn’t get too worked up on the day.  He will either run a massive race, or no race at all IMO.

Salselon
    • Total Posts 883

Hurricane Run really has the look of a horse who has lost both his sparkle and interest.

Scorpion is interesting if the ground comes up quick, but I’m finding it hard to compare US v European form – the joys of the Breeders cup ;)

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

One question that you need to consider about the European horses is whether they can run to their seemingly superior form faced with a tight track that is just 7f round.

Gareth Flynn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 583

O’Brien on Scorpion:

"A slow pace at Churchill Downs would not bother him as he has made the running several times before."

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

I really fancy Echo of Light for the Mile, I won’t regurgitate what I’ve already said here but I’ve I’ve given my reasons on the George Washington BC Classic thread.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.