The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Breeders Cup Turf 2020

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Breeders Cup Turf 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Istabraq
    Participant
    • Total Posts 319

https://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing/ante-post-racing/international/breeders-cup-turf/winner

magical @ 12/1

though if love goes here Im not sure if AOB would send both

surely enable won’t go here anyway?

The Tatling Cheekily
    Participant
    • Total Posts 478

Really disappointed Ghaiyyath is heading to this race rather than the classic. His grand sire was ok on dirt!! And 10f surely suits better.

Wouldnt like to guess Coolmores entry plans, as you touch on.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6286

Took LOVE 5/1 few months ago my feeling is she not win Arc but win here instead my reason why not win arc the record of AOB 3yos in Arc rotten for a top trainer like him normally wins it with older horses

Istabraq
    Participant
    • Total Posts 319

i dont think appleby likes racing his horses on dirt , shame

The Tatling Cheekily
    Participant
    • Total Posts 478

Really? Yes it is a shame. Would have thought the Maktoums could over-rule that mind you.

Sorry to hijack the thread a but, but Ballydoyle like a Classic runner. Who could that be do we think.

Kris
    Participant
    • Total Posts 626

Good luck Istabraq with your 12-1 on Magical, I wouldn’t mind that bet myself right now.

I actually like Mogul for this, but it’ll be a small bet at 7-2, so I’d like to see Magical do it for you.

Istabraq
    Participant
    • Total Posts 319

Ta! :good:

mickeyjp
    Participant
    • Total Posts 689

Weather forecast very promising with good ground forecast. If it’s the fast side of good mogul looks an outstanding bet. I’d steer clear of magical and tarnawa as they both ran on deep ground last time. Hopefully two or three winners for us this time.

Clints
    Participant
    • Total Posts 228

Draw

1 Arklow
    2 Magical
    3 Tarnawa
    4 Mehdaayih
    5 Donjah
    6 Lord North
    7 United
    8 Red King
    9 Channel Maker
    10 Mogul

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2712

Wouldnt rule tarnawa out because of the ground

Shes won on good to firm in the past

My plan is to back her if I can get 4/1 or higher at some point

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1312

I’m not sure there is value in any of the front 3 at the moment. Magical had a hard race at Ascot, which is not really a negative when talking about her, but I just didn’t like the way she travelled. It looked like she wasn’t really as happy as usual and that would worry me taking 5/2.

Tarnawa is very short, she’d have to be 6s or so for me to get involved. Mogul, I can’t understand with all we know about this family, why people would get involved at 3/1 considering he missed a race. Some people I’ve read talk about him as the nap of the meeting?!

AOB has been very vocal to say this family needs races to keep fit and he’s missed one on the way here. Surely 3/1 is very short on that basis.

Looking through the American horses, Channel Maker is the only one that you’d say is worth considering really, but he seems to like Belmont Park which is less tight than Keeneland is.

That only leaves Lord North, who I’ve been against all season actually, but might be the only one with a bit of value here at 8/1. What I like about him is that this is the first try at 12F, it’s on fast ground, so it should help him to see it out and he was keeping on at the finish of the Juddmonte over 10.5, so I would have hope he could make the distance. He has a turn of foot, which I think you’ll need round Keeneland’s tight track and I take the fact he’s coming here after Ascot as a bit of a positive rather than a negative. I can’t imagine for a second JG would be running him after a hard race at Ascot, if he didn’t think he could win and that he was in good shape still. As opposed to Magical, who surely is running for the last time and it could be a case of why not have one last go.

If Magical is ok and Ascot was a blip, then I think she’ll take all the beating, but I think 8/1 on Lord North and EW is the bet here.

Lord North 8/1 EW

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2712

Just going through my paddypower account

Apparently I have a £1 free bet on magical for this and siskin in the mile

Magical at 12/1 and siskin 10/1

That must be from months and months ago lol

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2712

That is a serious filly

Some turn of foot :yahoo:

Austin
    Participant
    • Total Posts 115

Anyone else feels that winning a Breeders Cup race is tougher than Arc for European horses? I know the quality of field is superior in Arc but the way American racing is done is very different from ours. Its much more fast paced in firmer grounds with lots of bends and turns. Atleast visually it looks much more challenging. There is no concept of hold up horses in America and Jockeys start sprinting their horses from get go irrespective of distance of the race.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2712

This particular race was very slowly run by American standards tbf

But yes winning in the breeders cup is incredibly hard for our horses because of how the races are run so differently

Most of our horses even some of the very good ones dont have the early tactical speed or a high enough cruising speed to compete

You see loads of good European horses finish dead last because they are completely out of their comfort zone

Ryan Moore gets a lot of stick for being too far back and finishing placed, but let’s be honest if he rode these horses more prominently they’d get run off their feet and finish last

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.