The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Breeders’ Cup tickets

Home Forums Horse Racing Breeders’ Cup tickets

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    The Dice Man
    • Total Posts 85

I’m going to the Breeders’ Cup this year and am looking for some advice about tickets from any of you who have attended before (particularly last year at Santa Anita).
    Is it worth paying the extra to book the seats/tables/boxes in advance, or are the general/clubhouse admission tickets sold at the gate the way to go? Anything else I should be aware of?
    And for bonus points, how busy do the betting windows get?
    Any help will be much appreciated, thanks.

Sean Rua
    • Total Posts 511

Last year we were advised by the track that we could just walk up and pay at the gate – which we did with no problem.
    There were plenty of touts about outside, but we didn’t use their "upgrade" services.
    Inside, several guys "blagged" their way into boxes or hung around waiting for invites. It seemed pretty lax.
    I was more than happy with what I got for my standard admission; a grand viewing place!

This year, I heard they changed the ticket sales methods. Apparently, it’s good to book this time. Perhaps, you could e-mail the track office to check?

Adrian
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1041

I’d always recommend booking a reserved "box" seat in advance but you can just buy tickets on the door.

Prices are:

Friday November 6th
    General Admission $5
    Club House $25
    Turf Club/Frontrunner $200

Saturday November 7th
    General Admission $10
    Club House $25
    Turf Club/Frontrunner $200

The phone number for Santa Anita is 001 626 574 7223

I’m sure that betting opportunties will be easy in the huge grandstand at Santa Anita.

AfleetTreet
    • Total Posts 41

Dice Man,
    I went last year and Clubhouse Admission is what we got. It is MORE than adequate and you can go pretty much every where. If you don’t mind walking around and such then Clubhouse is the way to go…It is MUCH cheaper than last year and YES you buy them at the gate. Santa Anita is a nice place and a grand old track. I am sure that if you get Clubhouse tickets (or general admission) you’ll be more than satisfied. You cannot go into the grandstand but if you play your cards right you should be able to catch a seat at the clubhouse (which is just past the finish). We found more than plenty benches and places to sit whenever we wanted to sit.

The betting windows can get crowded right before each post parade but if you get in line early enough they have more than enough windows everywhere (and betting voucher machines as well) that you shouldn’t have any problem. We waitied until the last minute a couple times to place our bets and standing in line wasn’t as bad as we would have ever thought considering the crowds.

Be sure to bring some warmer weather clothing. It was in the 80’s last year (check up on the weather when you are packing). It was sunny and beautiful all 4 days we were there.

Hope that helps and if you have any other questions don’t hesitate to ask.
    :-)

The Dice Man
    • Total Posts 85

Very helpful, thanks a lot for taking the time to reply.

AfleetTreet
    • Total Posts 41

Dice Man,
    No Problem! Happt o help. We just booked our trip a couple days ago and did ALOT of research on the area. If you have any other questions please don’t hesitate to ask. After all the mapping we did and exploring beforehand, plus the fact that we went last year, I feel like I know my way around already! LOL!
    :)

Luther
    • Total Posts 16

We have booked tickets for both days – just didn’t want to get there and and not be able to see anything…

Even with the price reductions, there are plenty of tickets available in all parts of the Grandstand & Club enclosures.

For a bit of variety we have tickets in the Club on the Friday and Grandstand on Saturday.

Don’t know if we will use the seats for all races, normally like a stroll around the facilities but at least we have all the options.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.