The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Breeders Cup Juvenile Turf Sprint 2020

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Breeders Cup Juvenile Turf Sprint 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2718

Golden Pal 3/1

This just looks the wrong price to me even at this stage

These were the comments after his last race

“He’s a really cool horse,” Ortiz, Jr. said. “It’s special when you get on horses like that. I’m so happy to be able to get on him. Hopefully he stays sound and healthy and he can keep doing what he did today.”

Golden Pal, the 2-5 favorite, returned $2.90 on a $2 win wager and improved his career earnings to $73,056. Trainer Wesley Ward said the effort could set up the Uncle Mo colt for a spot in the Grade 2, $1 million Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Turf Sprint going 5 ½ furlongs on November 6 at Keeneland, where Ward is primarily stabled.

“He’s something special, this guy. I think we just got a little peek at it,” Ward said. “From everything we’ve seen here, they’re coming into his homecourt like Michael Jordan in the United Center in the Breeders’ Cup this year. He’s a very, very nice colt. I’m very thankful for the owner.

Looked supremely impressive last time

As you can see he was never asked for an effort and eased down yet was only half a second off breaking the track record, horse clearly has an enormous amount of ability

Can see him being evs-6/4 on the day depending on his draw, the talk from the trainer is that Campanelle will be aimed at the mile race and I doubt he would want to run his juvenile stablestars against each other and she is currently second fav.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2718

Price slowly beginning to get cut

5/2 best price now and 2/1 in places

Mike987654
    Participant
    • Total Posts 330

I backed Golden Pal a while back 3/1 with bet365.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2718

Unfortunately golden pal has been drawn in stall 14

He has tremendous gate speed but this will make things much tougher for him

Nobletune
    Participant
    • Total Posts 14

14th post shouldn’t bother golden pal.
    Sprinting on turf @ Keenland, I prefer outside posts, they have a solid win %.

On the other hand any race 1 mile or longer on Keenland’s turf, outside posts have an atrocious win %. I would not recommend any horse in the 10 hole or higher. Posts 1-7 are ideal.

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1312

Do you have the actual stats to share on this? Would be good to see.

Nobletune
    Participant
    • Total Posts 14

QUOTES ON GOLDEN PAL

“He’s something special, this guy. I think we just got a little peek at it,” Ward said. “From everything we’ve seen here, they’re coming into his homecourt like Michael Jordan in the United Center. He’s a very, very nice colt. I’m very thankful for the owner.”

“He’s (Golden Pal) pretty quick. He’s a nice horse,” Gaffalione added. “I road him in his first start and he’s a really fast horse, but it seems like he’s starting to get the mental side of it now.”

“He’s one of the most impressive 2YOs I’ve got on in the year so far..” -Irad Ortiz

Additionally: Golden Pal worked heads up with Stanford (ire) and broke several lengths behind his work mate and Golden Pal finished even with him at the wire and Pal came home his last QUARTER IN 22.1!! FREAKISH!!

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2718

He did look something out of the ordinary in the skidmore

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2718

Wesley Ward on Golden Pal:

‘He’s the favourite, and everybody knows what I think of this horse,” said Ward.

“That (stall 14) is the hole I would have picked if I was given the choice. He’s outside and he shouldn’t have any issues, whereas if he was drawn on the inside or in the middle and broke a step slow, he could encounter traffic.

“I will be disappointed if he doesn’t win. We’re excited for all the runners, but this guy has shown so much talent and ability from early on, we’ve got big hopes.”

Jeez, don’t see trainers talk up there horses like this too often

He clearly thinks the horse is something special

Kris
    Participant
    • Total Posts 626

I’m a big fan of Golden Pal, and I think that he’s good enough to overcome the draw here.

I’ve bet him for The Kings Stand, so I’m very hopeful that he does it tonight. He’s quite a short price though, so I’ll just cheer him on tonight.

I’ve had a ew bet on Mighty Gurkha at 20-1 ew with 4 places.

Middle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2751

Also on Golden Pal here.

Well done with the price. Let’s hope he wins.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2718

Despite a very strange move by the jockey reigning him back in after a furlong he burned them off with ease

Horse had so much speed

Him vs battaash at ascot could be a race for the ages

TheTinMan87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 153

I think Charlie Hills would be delighted if Golden Pal lined up in the Kings Stand gives Battaash something to take him a long way into the race, you’d have to be concerned if the ground had any soft in the description for Golden Pal as well he basically got outstayed by The Lir Jet this year and I think they blamed the ground.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2718

Id imagine battaash would have some good chances at setting unbeatable track records with golden pal to lead him for the first 3 furlongs

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1312

Fingers crossed that happens, would be a cracker!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.