The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Boodles (Fred Winter) Juvenile Handicap

Home Forums Archive Topics Cheltenham Archive Cheltenham 2023 Boodles (Fred Winter) Juvenile Handicap

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2367

Hard to work out which of the Irish lot will be best handicaped so I may take a chance on the Paul Nichols trained Afaadil 20/1, he’s won this race twice in the not so distant past and these owners love a good juvenile. Think the horse can be forgiven for its most recent run and, although hasn’t beaten much, looked a classy sort in his two British wins. His mark of 123 would be very workable if he is indeed a decent one.

Participant
    • Total Posts 32124

Nusret looks a nice weight.
    The horse he beat at the weekend is lumping much more and Nusret has been crying out for a big field, fast pace race all season. I may be wrong (again) but he is better than he has shown

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Blocked
    • Total Posts 12999

Chezza considers himself the world’s leading authority on 4yo hurdlers (and biscuits), but, err, hasn’t made his mind up yet.

I am "The Horse Racing Punter" on Facebook
    https://mobile.twitter.com/Ian_Davies_
    https://www.facebook.com/ThePointtoPointNHandFlatracingpunter/
    It's the "Millwall FC" of Point broadcasts: "No One Likes Us - We Don't Care"

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6657

Don’t think Nusret will run

Swear they said he needs to go right handed

Though I may be misremembering

Participant
    • Total Posts 32124

Yeah, they said he prefers going right but also that Punchestown is a long way off so could run here or Aintree beforehand. The weight hes been allocated should tempt them though.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2367

“Chezza considers himself the world’s leading authority on 4yo hurdlers (and biscuits), but, err, hasn’t made his mind up yet.”

Come on Chezza, the fans are eagerly anticipating your tip in this!

Blocked
    • Total Posts 12999

Chezza’s waiting until the 48-hour declarations by which time Chezza will have a better idea what the ground is like.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2367

Chezza is most wise

Participant
    • Total Posts 2367

I’ve just backed Bad e/w (22/1 price boost with Coral), will back the Nichols horse Afadil tomorrow most likely

Participant
    • Total Posts 2367

Nice to see Bad has been cut into a general 10/1, wasn’t expecting that market move but I see he was tipped up in paddypowers preview by Tony Mullins, he has been hearing good things apparently.

Just added Afadil e/w at 25/1 with betuk.

Tizaaards Cider
    Participant
    • Total Posts 639

I’m currently spending the night shift sorting through this and I’m going to take a stab at the horse nusret beat at Kempton most recently Perseus Way.

He’s an extremely strong travelling horse who has had valid excuses the last couple of times. Almost brought down by a faller 3 out then landed on his back end and simply couldn’t get back to top gear in time but still stayed on well to the line.

Looks very impressive when he gets it right though.

Participant
    • Total Posts 6296

I fancy SIR ALLEN for this. Cracking form second to Blood Destiny who is fav for the Triumph and then two nice wins after that :good: :good:

Eamonn1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 23

Sir Allen has good form but morning soldier has a 2lb swing for a 1L defeat, that’s not taking into account sir Allen had a 7lb claimed on board to take an extra bit off to beat him. They may use a 7lb claimer again but in a tricky race like this it might not be the best idea. I’d have morning soldier to reverse placings even if only a 2lb swing and definitely if a 9lb swing. 16/1 a very fair price

Participant
    • Total Posts 32124

No Nusret
    I can’t see past the favourite now

Participant
    • Total Posts 4675

“Chezza considers himself the world’s leading authority on 4yo hurdlers”

Bachelors Hall might disagree.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 12999

Chezza will be applying his unbeatable private ratings to this contest on Sunday morning after the final declarations are made.

Chezza will be having his maximum wager – an entire packet of hob-nobs – on Chezza’s top rated WIN only.

Participant
    • Total Posts 251

The one I’m drawn to here down at the foot of the weights is the filly Thetys for Tony Martin.

Only a couple of lengths behind Tekao at Navan in November getting 7lb but she’ll be getting 22lb off him here.

Will she get a run though?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.