The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Blue Boys again…..

Home Forums Archive Topics Blue Boys again…..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    dubaimillennium
    • Total Posts 41

After a great ride of Frankie Grandera won the Singapore Airlines International Cup ….. well Done :clap:

Meshaheer
    • Total Posts 486

Fantastic and deserved win for Grandera who will only improve on this and provided there’s a decent pace he will take the beating in 1m2f races. The Eclipse perhaps? Frankie said he could go for the Arlington Million to grab more points in the World Series. Great ride.

Good to see Universal Prince and his jockey unscathed after that horrible looking fall as well. They’ll live to fight another day.

The Godolphin bandwagon rolls on and provided Tempting Fate is kept at 6-7f she will be a force to be reckoned with this year (she doesn’t stay a mile on last year’s form).

Great Stuff!:smiley:

dubaimillennium
    • Total Posts 41

I think you are absolute right with Grandera. He wone very easy against some good horses. Over 1m2f it will take a good horse to beat him.

:pimp:

Katy
    • Total Posts 73

I dont really see how they can get any pleasure from Grandera winning, or take any of the credit.  

To me he’ll always be James Fanshawes horse, they did all the hard work, breaking him in, teaching him, bringing him along and showing him how to be a racehorse.  It must be sickening for the yard to watch that, knowing he’s been sold, especially after they sold Eccliesiastical and hes won about $1.5 million since.<br>

dubaimillennium
    • Total Posts 41

Why should they have not a lot of pleasure to see Grandera winning….???

They bought the horse for a lot of money at the end of last season….. and they made him a Groupe I winner. What he was not before. So I see no reason why the Godolphin Team should not be happy.

And the Fanshawes yard ccan be happy as well….. they teached him his first leasons how to become a racehorse.

:pimp:

Zoz
    • Total Posts 703

Yes but if you were a new follower of the sport you wouldn’t know James Fanshawe had anything to do with it. A new owner wouldn’t think to send a horse to him, a potential owner wouldn’t hear and think maybe he should take James off to the sales etc etc.

Please does not sustain a career. A smaller trainer would be totally gutted if you ask me at least James has good results to keep him afloat.

If you were a struggling trainer and got really lucky with a horse only for the owner to sell it, for it to win a big race, be honest and tell us how you would feel?

Meshaheer
    • Total Posts 486

Why shouldn’t the fanshawes be pleased? I was at Pegasus Stables a few weeks ago and James was saying he’d be following and cheering on Grandera, even though it’s a shame they lost him.

James Fanshawe is an excellent trainer and will no doubt get many more good horses. After all it was up to Grandera’s owner last year as to what happen with him, and if Saeed bin Suroor has taken no part in Grandera’s success this year then Grandera wouldn’t have won yesterday.

johnny boy
    • Total Posts 30

I’d still be concerned about Grandera’s temperament after Saturday. He was in a real lather (even allowing for the heat & humidity) prior to the race and looked close to boiling over in the preliminaries. <br>The race itself played right into his hands with the leaders setting a suicidal pace allowing Dettori to get the horse settled in behind. He then got some very fortunate splits up the home straight to come through and ultimately win nicely.<br>It was a good performance but I’d be willing to take him on at short prices in any of his future races.

Aidan
    • Total Posts 1198

Grandera take all the beating in the Eclipse??!! You must be kidding,Stoute and Ballydoyle and Godolphin themselves have plenty of others that would be ahead of him. This might have been a valuable race but it aint Group1 form. To campaign him internationally is his best chance of sucess.

prince regent
    • Total Posts 221

<br>which according to the after race comments is what they are going to do   the arlington  being next on his agenda and he may not be seen until then

dont think it was such a great  race   endless hall also impressive last year  but won nothing afterwards

Aidan
    • Total Posts 1198

Oh please Suny Grandera has repeatidly been found wanting at the very top. Godolphin have the likes of Slickly and Tobuogg as well as Sahkee. Stoute has the likes of Golan and the lightly raced Carnival Dancer. As for Ballydoyle none or at least very few of the 3 year olds have ran beyond a mile yet so it is hard to say for certain. But in terms of class Grandera isnt in the likes of Hawk Wing,Johannesburg,Rock of Gibraltar etc league. That is why Godolphin are running him abroad. Whatever chance he would have of winning the Eclipse I would doubt anyone would say "he’s the one to beat"?

dubaimillennium
    • Total Posts 41

I know the race was not in England/Irland and some people do not like the form of that race so much. But make no mistake, this was not only a Group I Race it was as well a World Series Race and Grandera won against some very good horses. If he has a chance in a race like the Eclipse we do not know today, because we will not know what runs against him in a race like the Eclipse, but if his team (Godolphin) decides to takle a race like the Eclipse or th International he is in with quite some chances.

Did you forget he was second last year in the International and the Eclipse? And this years form in Singapore is not a bad one. It was a true Group I Race and he beat same all quit easy. The only older horses I would fear would be Sakhee and maybe Nayef. And they will probably not run against each other. But other older horses ? No way.<br>

Aidan
    • Total Posts 1198

It will be a disappointing year if Grandera can really bustle up the best.

robgomm
    • Total Posts 224

<br>Grandera’s a good horse but his wins in Britain/Ireland have come in a Warwick maiden and a Newbury listed race.

The Singapore Airlines International Cup was a good race but not stunning. Paolini won an Italian G1 and they aren’t that hot and was also second in the Canadian International but the winner – Mutamam – had not been a Group One horse in Britain/Ire. He’d won a G2, beating Little Rock.

The third in Grandera’s weekend win was Indigenous who has won since 1999.

Grandera will struggle to win a G1 in this country unless it’s only average. It’s easy to see him getting placed because he’s a consistent horse but really he should struggle to beat Group One calibre horses – that’s based on his form so far.

prince regent
    • Total Posts 221

<br>dm

a grp 1 race  probably in name only. and being in the world series  is meaningless.

being that they have indicated  it is going to arlington  says much about  connections thoughts anyway.

and banks hill and aquelleste may have something to say as well

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 57 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.