The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Black Caviar 19 From 19

Home Forums Horse Racing Black Caviar 19 From 19

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 74 total)
  • Author
    Jollyp
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 540

The mare was made to work by Hay List and was shaken up to fight him off to come away and win brilliantly.The margin was around 2 to 2 1/2 lengths and the time a scorching 55.53 for the 1000m.The run showed she is better suited by a longer trip and that when challenged she is just as good.Hay List ran probably the best race of his life to show how good he is and also how unlucky he is to keep running into this mare.Remains to be seen if she will back up next week,as i am sure the effort would have taken a lot out of her.

slewman
    • Total Posts 199

Moody said after the race highly unlikely she’ll run in the Futurity because she had a fairly hard run. Why wouldn’t they take Hay List to UK for the King’s Stand? He’d win that easy. BC for the Diamond Jubilee would be great double for Australia.

Jollyp
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 540

I know the prizemoney was so good,but i cant help thinking the Futurity would have been the better race,she was always going to have a hard run coming back in trip against Hay List. Whereas the Futurity with the 2 weeks between runs fitted in perfectly and was planned for. Though she proved she is just as good when pressured and $450 000 first prize and another Group 1 and to come back from a 7f Group 1 win to a 5f Group 1 within 7 days shows her class, i would doubt if that had been done any where at least not in the modern era.Hopefully the owners of Hay List will finally admit that the mare is just too good,they have had an annoying habit of coming up with excuses and not conceding this obvious fact,though he has had his problems in the past.

marbine
    Participant
    • Total Posts 77

The margain looked more like 1.5 to 2L but semantics. Great race, she was made to earn it, doubt there was anything left but still too good. Her 200m split from the 600m to the 400m was 9.98sec, dear me…

Jollyp
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 540

It may have been 1 3/4 to 2 lengths margin, and yes a 9.98 sectional! That is just on another level!

slewman
    • Total Posts 199

Her last 600m timed at 31.8sec!!!!!

Himself
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3777

She was made to work this time, beating Hay List again :roll: – although, at 1/10, anything less than victory would have been disastrous.

Brilliant as she undoubtedly is, Royal Ascot will be a very different sort of test, in contrast to the fast, lush green, ideal level running surface of Flemington.

I may have to have a word with myself – sometimes I feel like I’m feeding a troll. :?

But hey ho ! :wink:

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

Jollyp
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 540

She was made to work this time, beating Hay List again :roll: – although, at 1/10, anything less than victory would have been disastrous.

Brilliant as she undoubtedly is, Royal Ascot will be a very different sort of test, in contrast to the fast, lush green, ideal level running surface of Flemington.

I may have to have a word with myself – sometimes I feel like I’m feeding a troll. :?

You go ahead and feed your troll,and i will feed my one eyed 1 demensional pet English troll :wink:

Jollyp
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 540

That fast,lush green,flat Flemington surface must prove a tad more difficult than it looks,English trained horses must have had at least 80 goes on it in the Cup and not saluted yet :wink:

Jollyp
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 540

No doubt Himself you are rolling your eyes in awe at the sub 42 second last half mile! I couldn’t see that you would be rolling your eyes by mocking the race,otherwise that would just make you clueless :wink: Or is the 9.98 furlong or the last 3 furlongs in 31.8 seconds!!! :wink:

Ghost of Rob V
    Participant
    • Total Posts 825

Obviously horses are going to blast out faster sectionals since they’re burning off lots of energy at a distance as short as 5 furlongs. I’m sure Frankel could do the same if they let him fully rip at 1000 metres :P

Eclipse First
    • Total Posts 1569

I’m sure that it is a case of envy among the UK clock watchers that our top class races so rarely have accurate sectional timing. For any horse to run up a sequence of 19, is a remarkable achievement. She has never ducked a challenge and her sporting connexions deserve praise for their willingness to test her mettle on the racetrack over a variety of trips.
    The connexions of Frankel seem to have an irrational fear of defeat, as though it might effect his stud value. The truth is, that while it may change the syndication fee, how his offspring perform on the track counts far more. It hardly did his sire any harm when he was beaten on the track. Realism tells us that his stud career is most likely to be an anti-climax, especially if he remains unbeaten.

Personally the clock only matters when you cannot hear it ticking anymore.

Jollyp
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 540

Obviously horses are going to blast out faster sectionals since they’re burning off lots of energy at a distance as short as 5 furlongs. I’m sure Frankel could do the same if they let him fully rip at 1000 metres :P

You seem to forget Frankel longest trip is a mile,Black Caviar 7f. And as Glyn Schofield the rider of Hay List said the only way a horse would go quicker then the last 3f of 31.8 seconds is to drop them off a cliff! If you are talking 5f Frankel wouldn’t beat Hay List,Sepoy,Barakey,and a couple of others.Simply because he is not a 5f horse,as good as he is he wouldn’t run those sectionals over 5f.

Jollyp
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 540

I’m sure that it is a case of envy among the UK clock watchers that our top class races so rarely have accurate sectional timing. For any horse to run up a sequence of 19, is a remarkable achievement. She has never ducked a challenge and her sporting connexions deserve praise for their willingness to test her mettle on the racetrack over a variety of trips.
    The connexions of Frankel seem to have an irrational fear of defeat, as though it might effect his stud value. The truth is, that while it may change the syndication fee, how his offspring perform on the track counts far more. It hardly did his sire any harm when he was beaten on the track. Realism tells us that his stud career is most likely to be an anti-climax, especially if he remains unbeaten.

Personally the clock only matters when you cannot hear it ticking anymore.

That is true regarding the possibility of his stud career being an anti climax,the same as the chance of Black Caviar throwing a foal anywhere near her ability,seen a lot of great race mares throw slow horses.I wouldn’t like to be forking out the millions that a Frankel X Black Caviar would bring,i think the buyer is on a hiding to nothing.Though maybe not who knows.

Ugly Mare
    • Total Posts 1294

….. sub 42 second last half mile! ……..Or is the 9.98 furlong or the last 3 furlongs in 31.8 seconds!!!

….You omit to mention that the first 200 metres [that’s metres not furlongs – or have you momentarily forgotten which country you are supposed to be in..?] was run in a rather modest 13.54 – almost 14 seconds, the second 200 in a better 10.21. It’s not really surprising that she managed a 9.98 for the 3rd period, fading to an 11.40 in the last 200.

This is fairly typical of the way sprints are run in Australia, rather slow then rapid pace injected at half way. It is for this reason that I question whether a 5f or 6f at undulating Royal Ascot, where I suspect the early fractions on probably very fast going, the like of which she hasn’t yet encountered, and likely considerably better than 14 seconds – may find her out. It will be interesting to see. She was receiving 2kg from Hay List and I maintain she would be in trouble against a colt rated in the 125-130 bracket.

She is no doubt exceptional but with the Australian obsession with sprints, I do ask whether this mare is winning these races by default, as she could well be just as effective – in Australia – at 1600 metres. Her race the other day over 1400 confirmed this for me.

Perhaps one of these recent Euro million mega-richers, would like to do something more useful and put up £5 million to the winner, £3 million to the second for the upcoming Lockinge at Newbury in May. A race confirmed for Frankel and I see no reason, with that incentive, that she couldn’t be rerouted prior to Ascot.

I would go 1/2 Frankel 5/2 Black Caviar 50’s bar.

Jollyp
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 540

….. sub 42 second last half mile! ……..Or is the 9.98 furlong or the last 3 furlongs in 31.8 seconds!!!

….You omit to mention that the first 200 metres [that’s metres not furlongs – or have you momentarily forgotten which country you are supposed to be in..?] was run in a rather modest 13.54 – almost 14 seconds, the second 200 in a better 10.21. It’s not really surprising that she managed a 9.98 for the 3rd period, fading to an 11.40 in the last 200.

This is fairly typical of the way sprints are run in Australia, rather slow then rapid pace injected at half way. It is for this reason that I question whether a 5f or 6f at undulating Royal Ascot, where I suspect the early fractions on probably very fast going, the like of which she hasn’t yet encountered, and likely considerably better than 14 seconds – may find her out. It will be interesting to see. She was receiving 2kg from Hay List and I maintain she would be in trouble against a colt rated in the 125-130 bracket.

She is no doubt exceptional but with the Australian obsession with sprints, I do ask whether this mare is winning these races by default, as she could well be just as effective – in Australia – at 1600 metres. Her race the other day over 1400 confirmed this for me.

Perhaps one of these recent Euro million mega-richers, would like to do something more useful and put up £5 million to the winner, £3 million to the second for the upcoming Lockinge at Newbury in May. A race confirmed for Frankel and I see no reason, with that incentive, that she couldn’t be rerouted prior to Ascot.

I would go 1/2 Frankel 5/2 Black Caviar 50’s bar.

No i know where i come from:) and i was converting and as a furlong is equal to 201 metres,the difference is minimal,Miss Andretti had no problems in doing the converting,taking 2 seconds off the Ascot track record.And you are showing you dont know much about racing,the first 200m is from a standing start out of the gates!!!! ffs!!! learn about racing! This is always the case!!!! And a fading 11.4 secs um when you have run your previous 400m in 20.18 secs not a bad fade you chronic knocker of aussie horses :wink: mmmm should have thought about that first 200m i think:)

jose1993
    • Total Posts 1228

The same’s true of the British Champions Day Sprint – 14.23 was the quickest opening furlong. America might disregard "true" opening splits via run-ups; Australia doesn’t.

I don’t put the same emphasis on a potential clash as many others do, but this is certainly the race Black Caviar’s connections can point to meet Frankel if they desire. Elvstroem ran in the Lockinge after Dubai AND Hong Kong, so it’s even possible for Black Caviar to take in Dubai as planned.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 74 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.