The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Sussex Stakes 2008

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Sussex Stakes 2008

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    andyccfc
    • Total Posts 123

Is this a forgone conclusion for Henrythenavigator? Just looked at the card and have seen Archipenko at very long odds. Is he a scheduled runner?

newyork
    • Total Posts 215

If its good fast grd he will take plenty of beating,but goodwood can be a tricky course if things dont go right for you.

• Total Posts 1688

Archipenko would be much shorter than what he is quoted if not for Mike de Kock’s plans to target the Arlington Million next.

Even with a full book of the best milers that are currently being served to us, I don’t think Henrythenavigator has any issues.

Participant
    • Total Posts 416

He really ought to win this provided he handles the track and the ground isn’t soft. The biggest danger looks Ramonti if back to his best.

swingingmickey
    • Total Posts 40

If HTN is half as good as Aidan thinks he is this should be a procession. In fact on what he’s shown so far it probably will be anyway.

Participant
    • Total Posts 31926

At current prices. If it looks good or firmer I’ll be backing Raven’s Pass against Henry, and if softer I’ll be looking to back against those two. But with what?

Henry has the best chance of winning but there is no way he and Raven’s should be that far apart in the betting when not separated by much at Ascot. Just hope he is not given too much to do again.

Mark

Value Is Everything
    Salselon
    • Total Posts 883

I’ll be backing one or both of Ramonti and Raven’s Pass against Henrythenavigator.

Looks like one of the races of the season to me.

• Total Posts 1415

If Raven’s Pass beats Henrythenavigator (acts of god permitting) I’ll give up on the sport completely, not a cat in hells chance he got as close at Ascot as he ever will.

Value ………. pah!! Waste of money!! ( Brave / stupid comment, delete as applicable). :wink:

Participant
    • Total Posts 31926

Don’t think I’d better respond with a lesson on why value is so important Ian. Otherwise I’ll be hounded out. :lol:

Mark

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 416

Oops wrong thread

andyod
    • Total Posts 4012

I don’t understand value when betting.If I believe my horse is the best why should I put my money on another one who is a better price since in my opinion the better priced one will not win? I can see it in the national with so many imponderables but in a flat race surely the first consideration is who do I believe will win.Is not value a lure to take your money off your best choice?Those who back an outsider and don’t believe he is the best choice to win don’t make sense to me.If the price does not please me surely the best thing is to sit on the fence?

• Total Posts 1688

Ramonti is withdrawn due to a recurring hind infection.

Participant
    • Total Posts 416

Ramonti is withdrawn due to a recurring hind infection.

I think you mean leg as opposed to his involvement with a female deer.
    :shock:

A great pity though.

nefertiti
    Participant
    • Total Posts 234

Love your sense of humour, brigadier. Made me laugh despite the sad news re Ramonti. Godolphin has really had some bad luck this year.

Re the Sussex, it really looks like Henry’s race to me. However, does anyone else think that Major Cadeaux has a ‘major’ place chance? His form this year has been consistent and progressive, but I suppose there is a big doubt about his getting a truly run mile, especially against this opposition.

I have a nagging thought that Johnny Murtagh’s record around Goodwood is not so great. I know he won on Peeping Fawn last year, but who wouldn’t have? Can anyone confirm or quash this suspicion?

MikkyMo73
    • Total Posts 1789

If HTN is half as good as Aidan thinks he is this should be a procession. In fact on what he’s shown so far it probably will be anyway.

HTN is good and should win, however it’s best to ignore the prestige in which Aidan holds him as most TRF forumites are now fully aware of AoB’s ability to ‘big up’ every horse that wins a good race these days – often claimig it to be "amongst he best I’ve had" :D

Mike

Participant
    • Total Posts 31926

On what HTN has shown so far he should finish less than a length ahead of Raven’s Pass. Hardly a procession.

Mark

Value Is Everything
    clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

The problem with Ravens is that they have ridden him off the pace. Hardly ideal at Goodwood. I wonder whether now that they are perhaps less questions about stamina, he might be ridden more prominently? As he was as a 2 year old?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 54 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.