The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Betlarge 1 Warwick 0

Home Forums Horse Racing Betlarge 1 Warwick 0

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    betlargebetlarge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2663

According to the head gaffer at Warwick (letter in today’s RP, following my letter of 29 Nov) they are now moving that wretched hatseller so as not to interfere with viewing.

He rather limp-wristedly attempts to justify not doing anything previously before assuring me that customer service and satisfaction is paramount…etc etc

Having marched two members of his staff over to the grandstand in the last year and had them agree with me that the situation was unacceptable, it’s just a bit of a shame that one has to go to the press to get anything done.

Espousing a Customer Service mantra seems to be the limit of racecourse’s ambitions still.

Still, let’s not be churlish.  I look forward to seeing the stand elsewhere in future.

Probably in front of the winning post.

Mike

SwallowCottage
    • Total Posts 1008

Well done Mike – now maybe you can take a visit to Ascot and sort their problems out;)

Wallace
    Participant
    • Total Posts 862

Well done betlarge and a good result.

Your next mission;  to get racecourse management at all jumps courses to allow the paying customers access to the middle of the track and close to the jumps.  The safety officers have taken over the running of some courses.  My local course Kelso is one of the exceptions, where customers are very well catered for in al respects.

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

And another thing – get onto Prestbury Park and insist on proper glasses at the Festival – real men don’t drink out of plastic FFS!

graysonscolumngraysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6939

Quote: from Wallace on 1:10 pm on Dec. 8, 2006[br]<br> My local course Kelso is one of the exceptions<br>

<br>…Cartmel and Fontwell being two others in a sadly small subset.

gc<br>

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

betlargebetlarge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2663

Your next mission;  to get racecourse management at all jumps courses to allow the paying customers access to the middle of the track and close to the jumps.  The safety officers have taken over the running of some courses.  My local course Kelso is one of the exceptions, where customers are very well catered for in al respects.

Wallace

Interesting you mention it.  Again, Warwick is an ‘offender’, stopping people going over to stand by the last & 2nd-last about three years ago.

The omnipotent "health and safety" was the reason given.  People aren’t allowed accidents under New Labour!

Mike

Chompy Draw Boy
    • Total Posts 29

And, just to polish off a good week, the cherry and whites made full use of home advantage today. A pleasing spell

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

Quote: from SwallowCottage on 10:46 am on Dec. 8, 2006[br]Well done Mike – now maybe you can take a visit to Ascot and sort their problems out;) <br>

Is betlarge the new A-Team of the horse-racing industry or pure coincidence? Hmmmm<br>http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/horse_racing/6178929.stm<br&gt;

betlargebetlarge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2663

SwallowCottage/davidbrady

Bragging is so unseemly but I think we all know just how responsible I have been for Ascot’s volte face.

Mike

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.