The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Betfair Hurdle

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Betfair Hurdle

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    Lemons68
    Participant
    • Total Posts 499

I like 4 in this at the moment.

At 20-1, and possibly going back over hurdles. is Edwardstone. I think that he is well handicapped too.

I think that Christopher Wood is an interesting one for The Ditcheat team. He is 25-1 at the moment. I think I’ll probably bet him first of all.

From the Henderson team, there are lots who look perfect for this race, but at 14-1, I do like Mister Coffey

The other one I like is Faivoir, but he might have a fight on his hands to make the field.

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16327

Good man Mark, no sure I’ll have an early bet, but this my shortlist just now….

Albert’s Back 20’s
    Gumball 33’s
    Marie’s Rock 20’s
    One True King 16’s
    Solo 28’s

waroftheroses
    Participant
    • Total Posts 60

I think that Sky Pirate is a very interesting entry back over hurdles at 20-1.

Fred is another one who’s been chasing this year, and I think he’s a good price at 33-1.

I’ll wait for now though with this one.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2712

Milkwood and third time lucki are the two that catch my eye at this stage

Lemons68
    Participant
    • Total Posts 499

I’ve taken the 14-1 on Mister Coffey now, but I’ve held off so far with Christopher Wood or Faivior

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16327

Roses, did you take that 20’s for Sky Pirate? I know he’s being considered for The Arkle now, but he didn’t do his prospects here any harm at the weekend.

Lemons, interesting entry for Faivior at the weekend. You’ll be delighted to know he’s getting added to my shortlist now.

TakeYourTime
    Participant
    • Total Posts 128

I have a shortlist of 3 in this so far. The most obvious is Metier who has looked excellent so far over hurdles. A competitive handicap hurdle like this will be a new experience though so his jumping will need to stand the test.

Next up is Mister Coffey. I am convinced that he’s much better than his last run, not that it was too bad or anything. I just think this lad could be more than a handicapper in time. Definitely when sent chasing.

Finally Llandinabo Lad. He should love the furious pace and is still unexposed and improving.

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16327

Still no closer to a bet here, but glad I held off, as two of the initial shortlist were scratched today.

I’m favouring Solo or Faivoir just now, but won’t have a bet now until the five day stage I’d imagine.

Shortlist
    Faivoir 25’s
    Gumball 33’s
    Solo 25’s

Lemons68
    Participant
    • Total Posts 499

Bob, on Favoir, it’s a shame that Haydock won’t be going ahead now by the look of things, that could have been a good prep.

silent assassins
    Participant
    • Total Posts 251

Ciel De Neige ran in race last year i winning run this season looks to have been laid out for this 14/1 willie mullins only entry also for the mcmanus team say no more

Silver Spoon
    Participant
    • Total Posts 116

He’s my early selection too, 14-1 is worth an early punt.

waroftheroses
    Participant
    • Total Posts 60

I took the 20’s VtC. I was happy with that initially, but will it fit in with their Arkle plans. I’m not so sure.

Cork All Star
    Participant
    • Total Posts 800

I think they would be crazy not to come here with Sky Pirate. With the best will in the world, I doubt he can win an Arkle – but he is very well handicapped here for a big prize. No brainer!

waroftheroses
    Participant
    • Total Posts 60

I hope you’re right CAS

Silver Spoon
    Participant
    • Total Posts 116

I think you’ll be ok with bet wotr, surely Jonjo won’t pass this up?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.