The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Lennox Stakes 2009

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Lennox Stakes 2009

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    tenbob
    • Total Posts 156

my points system

140 main aim
    139 asset
    130 jj the jet plane
    127 balthazaars gift
    127 ouqba
    125 regal parade
    123 finjann
    118 express wish
    114 dream eater

will back main aim win
    and asset ew

Goldikova
    • Total Posts 1537

I’ll put a line through Finjaans seasonal re-appearance and take the 12’s on offer each way. It showed plenty of promise as a 2 y/o, and whilst i form my own views, i do recall none other than the ante post king himself having a good word for this horse, so i’l give it a shot. :)

Ian
    • Total Posts 1415

Main Aim, Jay Jay The Jet Plane and Ouqba – the winner I think will come from that trio.

Main Aim has everything in his favour and Stoute / Moore are flying I think he’ll win but he’s too short to back at 6/4.

RedRiot
    • Total Posts 870

Finjaan should appreciate the drop back in trip, if he can find some of that form last year he could put up a decent effort.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

This JJ the Jet Plane needs a jockey on him. This guy rode for Clive Brittain and won but somehow managed to drop his reigns :shock: a furlong out. In the races he has ridden him in over the last couple of weeks he doesn’t seem to make enough use of him. Now he’s over 7f that’s perhaps not the way to go

I like the horse but couldn’t back him with any confidence with this guy on board..

No bet for me.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

I’d have serious reservations about Main Aim on this downhill, turning 7f.
    Even on straight, flat courses he’s had to be driven some way out to keep in the race, and hardly looks the sharp sort who often prevail over this quirky c/d.
    Maybe Regal Parade can be the one to take advantage? The sharp 7 should hold no terrors, certainly still improving, and at 16/1 with the dead 8, ought to grab at least a place.

Bosranic
    • Total Posts 1982

Finjaan has finished ahead of Ouqba on the three occasions they’ve met and with the stable creeping back into form after a virus, he looks outstanding ew value.

Solid 2YO form (shd behind Lord Shanakill in the Dewhurst) and open to improvement.

Not convinced Main Aim will appreciate the course and J J has been crying out for this step back up in trip – he’ll take the beating.

Ian
    • Total Posts 1415

Well done Finjaan backers.

The Ante-Post King
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I’ll put a line through Finjaans seasonal re-appearance and take the 12’s on offer each way. It showed plenty of promise as a 2 y/o, and whilst i form my own views, i do recall none other than the ante post king himself having a good word for this horse, so i’l give it a shot. :)

Its a Capital "A" Graeme, but seeing how you snaffled the12/1,i will forgive you! Well done!

Goldikova
    • Total Posts 1537

Welcome back TAPK. The front two were sitting ducks as Fist would say. It was hammered into 5’s aswell !

Did you take it or have him as an AP for the sprint cup ?

RedRiot
    • Total Posts 870

Trainer and jockey have a difference of opinion where they see Finjaan going.

Trainer wants him to go sprinting now and thinks he is a G1 sprinter, where as the jockey O’Shea thinks he is worth a crack at 1m again as he settled very well.

Was ridden differently with then abandoning the front running and held him in midfield, he looked strong all the way through the race and he looked a main
    contender all the way, think he was given a very sound ride by O’Shea.

Pleased, was looking forward to seeing him out again and he nicely obliged for me at 10’s. I can see him winning more sprints but its a scenario like last year’s winner Paco Boy, think the Foret should be the main target this season.

Cav
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4825

Very smart performance from Finjaan. Passed 3 rivals without flinching when asked for his effort and looked to have plenty in the tank at the end. Would be inclined to step him up rather than down, he lengthens more than quickens and might take some time to get into top gear. Good effort from Regal Parade, he stuck on very gamely and might have a Group 3 in him. Very cool ride from Tadgh O Shea

RedRiot
    • Total Posts 870

J J The Jet Plane now with Hannon after a personal fallout with the owner and trainer.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.