The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Betfair Chase 2015

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Betfair Chase 2015

Viewing 17 posts - 52 through 68 (of 83 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 13251

I’ve watched them drop away leaving this open for SILVINIACO
    CONTI. I’ve tried to find a reason as to why he would get
    beaten, but I can’t find it. I would love to see CUE CARD
    pull it off and it’s good to see him returning to something
    like his old form, but I think this has SC’s name all over it.

I’m not into betting odds on, but at 5/6 I might take an interest
    by putting him in a treble with IRVING 6/4 in the Betfair Price
    Rush Hurdle and VATOUR (no prices yet) in the Stella Artois Chase.

Joe and Moe, Sorry to hear that your horses are not running :-(

Participant
    • Total Posts 11

Sounds like a good plan Big G, tho I’m tempted by Top Notch instead of Irving as that horse is my Jonah. :good:

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9305

I was determined not to overlook O’Faolains Boy again Big G, but didn’t think to check what other races he was entered in. Just about sums up my season thus far; horses third in 7 runner races..back them to win and they come second etc. Never having paid much attention to weekday racing is it normal for fields to be so small and for 8 runner races to always end up as 7 runner ones :unsure:

Participant
    • Total Posts 13251

Sounds like a good plan Big G, tho I’m tempted by Top Notch instead of Irving as that horse is my Jonah. :good:

I know where you are coming from OLLIE, he’s disappointed more times
    than not over the past year, and I didn’t touch him on his return
    at Wincanton.

To me, he looks like a different horse, or perhaps I should say more
    like the horse he once was. He seemed to lose his form at the festival
    last year (2014) and the Fighting Fifth aside, didn’t look to be in
    love with the game.

I was impressed with the way he picked up from the last at Wincanton,
    and killed the race stone dead in a few strides. I don’t know what they
    have done with him, but it seems to have worked.

I just hope it’s not a blip.

Participant
    • Total Posts 13251

I was determined not to overlook O’Faolains Boy again Big G, but didn’t think to check what other races he was entered in. Just about sums up my season thus far; horses third in 7 runner races..back them to win and they come second etc. Never having paid much attention to weekday racing is it normal for fields to be so small and for 8 runner races to always end up as 7 runner ones :unsure:

We all have periods like that Moe, when things just seem to go south, and
    then further south.

Field cutting up to 7, or 15 in handicaps is a bugbear of mine too. You could
    almost put your money on it.

You have to have skin like a rhino at times in this sport. At least we can all
    find a shoulder to cry on if we need it in here, we’ve all been there.

Chin up :-)

wasps41
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1161

5 runners in a Grade 1 – pretty poor

Participant
    • Total Posts 1951

Clearly the triple crown incentive worked.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2038

Shame none of the new crop of 3-milers are contesting this, would have been much more infromative

Participant
    • Total Posts 6114

I’m taking 20s Holywell with one of those who return stake as free bet if 2nd. Ground won’t bother him, has good speed figures and could outstay the others.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9305

…just put my [literally] last remaining pennies on Private Malone in the last race given that he should not have been 8/1 in a 3 runner race…backed it on the nose and he lost by ‘a nose’. Big G..where’s that shoulder… :cry:

LD73
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3141

That three runner novice chase had a dire super slow motion finish, half way up the run in I though the favourite might even get back up – sorry that you got chinned on the line, hopefully you luck is due a change.

With the ground currently soft (heavy in places) and being opened up today, any additional rain will get into the ground much more quickly and make it even more testing. Even though he has won round there on soft, I can’t see conditions suiting Cue Card and everything points to Conti on his second run of the campaign (in all seasons, he is actually unbeaten second time out). Incidentally, the year Cue Card beat Conti in this race, it happened to be Cont’s first run of that season……

I would think Ballynagour might be worth taking a chance on in backing up his last run for the forecast at around 8s.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9305

…I have a list of horses I would have backed today…He’s a Charmer 2nd, Kilcrea Vale [?], Wishing and Hoping, Bob Tucker [unplaced], Winner Massagot [1st 7/1] Welsh Shadow [1st] and Private Malone [the only one I had any money to back with]. Sorry to hijack the thread but I need someone to feel my pain. At least I didn’t plan to back old Fruity O’Rooney; that would have been the final straw!

Blocked
    • Total Posts 182

Moe, sounds like you could win a few bob by picking out your likely winner… and then laying it B-)

Sorry about that ;-)

I tend to lay horses when I’ve got time in the day. Just a few quid a race, not bothered about watching it just listen to radio. Nice little part time wage.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 182

Btw, Kilcrea Vale fell it was 1/3!

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9305

Yes, but of the others there were 3 winners 1/1,7/1 and 4/1 and two seconds 3/1 and 8/1 [the latter not counting as there were only three runners but it nearly won]. That’s not bad! I wouldn’t have backed Kilcrea Vale at that price so he wouldn’t have counted …[sob]

Blocked
    • Total Posts 182

Oh, missed out your likely winners, just went with the general hard luck side of things.

Good luck.

Participant
    • Total Posts 118

No need to watch the race, Timeform have predicted it here in a video.

Viewing 17 posts - 52 through 68 (of 83 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.