The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Betfair Chase 2015

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Betfair Chase 2015

Viewing 17 posts - 35 through 51 (of 83 total)
  • Author
    seldomseenkid
    Participant
    • Total Posts 64

Coneygree’s connections don’t think much of Haydock, for reasons stated above. Max is not the greatest traveller, so sitting in a traffic jam on the M6 for 170 miles to run at a course that they know does not suit seems less ‘insane’ than tootling 20 miles down the road to a course where his record over fences is two out of two. Horses for courses.

Participant
    • Total Posts 6114

Only 7 declared at 5 days. Silv Conti the only firmly intended runner at the moment it seems.

Good luck to the Bradstocks at Newbury. Can’t fault their courage in taking the tougher route, and although it’s a loser for me, it’s good too to see that it’s not all about money, especially for a yard that could use it much more than the other contenders.

wasps41
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1161

As predicted by SC it looks as though this will cut up by badly.

Glad I took the last of the 7/4 on conti that boyles were offering yesterday. That was on the back of your comments LD. :good:

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9301

Given that the theme for this season seems to be horses coming back after injury etc I’ve backed O’Faolains Boy [not sure how definite a runner he is, though].

droffats
    Participant
    • Total Posts 611

I cannot see why there is such a huge disparity in price bewteen the 2 for this weekends Betfair chase.
    I thought Cue Card looked as good as ever at Wetherby and I cannot understand how Conti is fav.
    Joint favs I could understand.
    Maybe I have missed something about Cue Card that Tizzard may have said but as soon as he confirms Cue Card as a definite runner then I think the 11/4 on offer is one of the bets of the year

tony321
    Participant
    • Total Posts 368

“I’d be hopeful that it will not be too testing.”

In Kirkland speak, that reads ‘launch the lifeboats!’

Surely that means Kirkland is thinking of watering ?

Just hope the meeting goes ahead

Participant
    • Total Posts 6114

If CC could be relied upon to reproduce the Wetherby form, I’d agree with you. But, reportedly, the surgery to treat the trapped epiglottis is not always reliable as a long-term fix. Much seems dependent on the type of surgery performed, and unless CT is willing – and the press happy to carry it – I doubt we’ll get any great detail on the operation and its likelihood of allowing continued free breathing.

LD73
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3141

For me it is an issue over the ground – with the amount of rain due on already soft ground, this race is going to turn into a slogging match and a real war of attrition where stamina will be tested to the limit and probably beyond.

Those conditions will suit the stamina ladened SC and will put any breathing issues that CC has under a microscope – added to the fact that SC’s connections know that they will need to sit handy so that CC doesn’t have an easy lead, I would be happy to oppose CC all day and take my medicine if he proves me wrong.

Participant
    • Total Posts 32177

What’s the going likely to be?
    if the strong winds and a bit of sunshine help dry out the ground then I’ll be prepared to give Menorah another bite at the cherry.

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Participant
    • Total Posts 6114

On checking the going yesterday, Kirkland Tellwright said, ‘I’ve dispensed with the conventional going stick as it did not offer a broad enough swathe of readings. I’ve resorted to the equine Plimsoll Line you see me using here, and, having checked this on both animals, I’m confident the ground on Saturday will be no worse than good to soft.’

Participant
    • Total Posts 1951

Any prices on 0-2 horses finishing the race?

• Total Posts 15015

lol Joe, Belter :yes:

pilgarlic
    Participant
    • Total Posts 788

Lovely pic.I didn`t know Carroll Gray had one entered in the Betfair

Participant
    • Total Posts 13250

That’s brilliant Joe, but a bit too near the truth
    for comfort :scratch:

Blocked
    • Total Posts 182

Lovely pic.I didn`t know Carroll Gray had one entered in the Betfair

Yes, that was a bad time for him. Seem to remember he had a huge priced winner at Wincanton not long after his yard was decimated. Not sure if he’s had one since that though.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 182

Given that the theme for this season seems to be horses coming back after injury etc I’ve backed O’Faolains Boy [not sure how definite a runner he is, though].

Running in a grade two at Ascot on Saturday instead of the Betfair Chase, Moe.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 182

I’m leaving out the two market leaders in this + the rag.That leaves Dynaste, Ballynagour and Holywell Fiver on each.

And that my friends is probably an easy way to lose 15 quid.

Viewing 17 posts - 35 through 51 (of 83 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.