The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Bellvano

Home Forums Memorials Bellvano

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    msercs
    Participant
    • Total Posts 164

Sadly had to be put to sleep at Fairyhouse. So sad after his brilliance at Cheltenham.

RIP

vikingflagship
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1131

:( soo sad, a tring fall and he landed on his neck, rip

vf

Ten Plus
    • Total Posts 811

Horrible end – he didn’t seem to do much wrong – maybe touched the top and crumpled on landing but sadly his neck took the full force of him. Poor brave boy RIP.
    :cry: :cry: :cry:

Bachelors Hall
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1604

I missed the race tonight as I was out and in a way, I’m glad I did.

I’m really really sorry to hear about this horse’s demise. He never quite hit the heights he promised to do as a novice but he was still a lovely horse who managed to close this year’s festival in a most memorable manner.

RIP :(

Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 13144

Poor boy, he was carrying so much weight too 18lbs more than he carried at Cheltenham, shame they didn’t rest him longer after his gallant effort at the Festival instead of pulling him out for another hi profile meeting & owners day out. So sad :cry: RIP

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Ten Plus
    • Total Posts 811

Whilst I am VERY sad over what happened I can’t agree that he wasn’t given enough time to recover – I am sure if connections felt he wasn’t OK he would not have run – nor about owner’s day out aspect – JP McManus actually had 3 horses in the race – one won and I’m sure he would have given that up no question to have Bellvano safe in his stable … I am quite convinced that he cares deeply about his horses – and he has alot of them both in training and in luxury retirement.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.