The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

B Mc Taggart

Home Forums Horse Racing B Mc Taggart

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Tom
    • Total Posts 205

Good to see B McTaggart visit the winner’s enclosure once again.

It may have only been a class-6 race and the first prize money of £2047 but I am sure that did not bother Mr. Taggart.

Also a long time coming for the bay mare, Hansomis, 21 races which included four seconds before she was queen for a day.

I fancied her for a place but not to win.

robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6217

Minor point, his name Mr.MacTaggart rather than Mr.Taggart. There’s no murrrrderrrrs in the MacTaggart yard!

I’d always thought of Bruce MacTaggart as a jumps trainer, but find his tally of flat runners isn’t much less than those over jumps.

Anyway, good to see a Scottish based trainer raiding over the border.

Tom
    • Total Posts 205

And we had Peter Beaumont back in the winner’s enclosure as well..

Golden Groom, first run for Peter’s stable.

bbobbell
    • Total Posts 591

Good to see B McTaggart visit the winner’s enclosure once again.

It may have only been a class-6 race and the first prize money of £2047 but I am sure that did not bother Mr. Taggart.

Also a long time coming for the bay mare, Hansomis, 21 races which included four seconds before she was queen for a day.

I fancied her for a place but not to win.

I always thought he was Brian McTaggart and is the son of Alan McTaggart who rode Freddie in his points and hunter chases including the Cheltenham Foxhunters before Pat McCarron took over to ride the great Borders hero to finish twice second in the National and to get within 15 lengths of Arkle in the 1965 Hennesey albeit at a huge pull in the weights.

robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6217

bobbell

The Scottish racing directory list Bruce MacTaggart as training out of Greendale, Hawick. Their link to RP Stats gives him as Hansomis’s trainer.

Rob

rory
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

He’s definitely Bruce.

Tom
    • Total Posts 205

Mr McTaggart enters the winning enclosure once again as Handsomis has his head in front where it matters this afternoon at Carlisle.

Godd to see this small Border’s Stable a lift.

quixallcrossett
    Participant
    • Total Posts 358

Talking of small Scottish trainers, W G Young had only his 2nd winner in the last 5 years when Ethan’s Star won the seller at Sedgefield. God loves a trier.

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6964

Ah yes, Willie Young, formerly trainer of would-be Crossett-u-likes such as Son Of Snurge and Meadowleck. Certainly the latter ran up a losing sequence of 70-something before time was called.

Like John Wade (Mordon), whose big day it was of course at Sedgefield today, Mr Young runs a point-to-point on his own land at Overton. In addition to its own Lanarkshire & Renfrewshire & Eglinton meeting, Mr Young stepped in to provide the Dumfriesshire & Stewartry with a temporary home this year when Netherby Park became unfit for racing.

http://www.pointtopoint.co.uk/go/courses/overton.html

Not one I’ve been to, but reasonably well regarded according to

Mackenzie & Harris

gc

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

quixallcrossett
    Participant
    • Total Posts 358

Son of Snurge Crossett-U-Like, I’ll have you know Mr GC he won 2 races when trained by Paul Cole & was considered a promising stayer if a tad characterful!!!
    I confess to latching on to him after QC’s retirement but he unfortunately met a sad end when only 8 years old.

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6964

Ach, I keep forgetting Son Of Snurge had a reasonably successful Flat past before he turned his attentions to not winning jumps races! I’m pretty sure Meadowleck remained untainted by success for the duration of her career, though. :)

gc

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.