The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Azertyuiop

Home Forums Archive Topics Azertyuiop

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 129 total)
  • Author
    Nixer
    • Total Posts 105

Bit premature.

LetsGetRacing
    • Total Posts 1147

I don’t think it’s premature at all.

As chaser’s go , he’s very special and his victory today has done nothing to convince me otherwise. He pulled early on and wasn’t fully fit by any means , but still won well from some good jumpers. The pace wasn’t strong enough really ( Jimmy McCarthy gave Edredon Blue a poor ride in that respect ) and he idled in front.

But , his ears were pricked after he crossed the line and he’ll improve a fair bit on that I would imagine.

Aidan
    • Total Posts 1198

Very impressive, at their best both he and Moscow Flyer are superior to Best Mate. Just such a shame Moscow didn’t stand up last year because I really do think it would take an amazing performance from the old boy to retain his speed.

cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8798

Agreed – he is a class act and the prospect of he and Moscow Flyer going head to head with both staying upright is mouth watering.

Aidan
    • Total Posts 1198

I couldnt see Moscow Flyer have the speed to beat or seriously trouble Azteryuiop. A year to late I think. I would love to be proved wrong, he runs on Sunday.

nore
    • Total Posts 151

The Tingle Creek will be a cracker – I believe Moscow Flyer can beat Azertyuiop

apracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3105

<br>Hell of a performance, especially if you believe Henrietta Knight.

She says the going is heavy and if it stays the same, Best Mate won’t run in ‘his’ race in three weeks time.

You have to go a long way back to find a chaser winning a handicap from a mark of 174, let alone doing it so easily.

AP

Grey Desire
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1877

Brilliant performance,can’t wait to see him reoppose Moscow Flyer.

Also like to give some praise to the massively underated Paddy Brennan who gave Ashley Brook a storming ride from the front in the novice chase.<br>Don’t think Sporazene would have beaten him if he’d stayed on his feet.

Happy Jack
    Participant
    • Total Posts 515

Quote: from apracing on 3:37 pm on Nov. 2, 2004[br]<br>She says the going is heavy and if it stays the same, Best Mate won’t run in ‘his’ race in three weeks time.<br>

<br>The time (got it from the Sporting Life site so slightly worried it may not be accurate!) would certainly suggest that the going was very testing. Twenty-two seconds slower than when Edredon won on good ground last year and ten seconds slower than when Bellator won on soft in 2000.

If that is the case then it makes Azertyuiop’s weight carrying performance even more meritorious. Hard to see anything getting near him at levels judged on that performance.

Nixer
    • Total Posts 105

By premature i meant that we have yet to see the top class chasers out this season so it is hard to hold a case that he is the best chaser in training.

Best performance we have seen so far yes but that is as far as i would go just yet.

Moscow flyer   , Strong flow , Iris Gift  ,Fundamentalist (if they go chasing) to name a few that may yet prove to be the bets chaser in training.<br>Thats leaving out Best mate who will be going for a four timer in the Gold cup this year.

empty wallet
    • Total Posts 1631

not a massive jumps fan but:

does WELL CHIEF come into the reckoning

Nixer
    • Total Posts 105

Has done all that has been asked of him Empty (very impressive at Aintree). But  for me it is very often the case that with a pipe horse they tend not to train on (even though he did win the triumph previous to last year) . Strange that he is so lightly campaigned for a pipe horse.<br> <br>Again he has done nothing wrong as of yet so must be included in the possible stars this year.

empty wallet
    • Total Posts 1631

nixer

if i remember rightly(bad memory)P Nicholls stated that he did not want to take on WELL CHIEF without giving AZERTY a blow out first

LetsGetRacing
    • Total Posts 1147

Well Chief is very good and put up an admirable display in last season’s Arkle , but I don’t think he’s a star ( that tag sits with Our Vic at the Pipe yard ) and he’ll struggle this year , in top class company at least.

Best Mate , Strong Flow and Iris’s Gift are all staying chasers and Fundamentalist looks like heading down the same road in time ( won over 2m 5f on his chasing debut ). They can’t strictly be compared to Azertyuiop given that he is limited to to 2m – 2m 2f at present , but if scaling their respective achievements and ratings , Azertyuiop would be some way clear in my book.

Off level weights , when the ground improves a little , something is going to have to put in an absolutely exceptional round to beat him. He is pure class.

empty wallet
    • Total Posts 1631

lgr

as stated jumping is not my forte,but remember IRIS,S GIFT,s defeat of BARACOUDA  in the stayers

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 129 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.