The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Aussie Jim McGrath on "death row"

Home Forums Horse Racing Aussie Jim McGrath on "death row"

Viewing 3 posts - 103 through 105 (of 105 total)
  • Author
    J17star
    • Total Posts 317

Makes constant mistakes whilst immersing himself in annoying, useless and redundant cliches. Don’t particularly think he has a great voice either. Has to be one of the worst commentators around.

Participant
    • Total Posts 3442

"On settling down, as they settle down into full stride coming round Tattenham Corner before coming from the clouds in the lucky last here at Ascot"

Load of carp.

Cattermole was pretty poor again at Cheltenham, called the wrong faller in at least two races including the Champion and missed other fallers, reckon he just guesses if he sees a faller. Don’t know how he gets away with it.

For one of the races at Cheltenham that Catt was calling I thought I’d put Hunty’s commentary on R5 and watch the pictures on RUK, it was a waste of time, I had to abort the experiment. Hunty & Andrew Thornton spent what was like the first 60 secs of the race having a conversation and not one horse was named. Maybe that’s what "they" want these days on radio, can’t imagine it happening when Peter Bromley was calling the horses.

Think some of these commentators (not Hunty) are employed for other reasons than the quality of their commentaries, they’ve got to be.

eddie case
    • Total Posts 1214

Cattermole was pretty poor again at Cheltenham, called the wrong faller in at least two races including the Champion and missed other fallers, reckon he just guesses if he sees a faller. Don’t know how he gets away with it.

Is it any wonder? He was presenting all morning on ATR when he was commentating, shouldn’t he have been concentrating on learning his colours?

Viewing 3 posts - 103 through 105 (of 105 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.