ASCOT GOLD CUP.

Home Forums Archive Topics Royal Ascot 2015 ASCOT GOLD CUP.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    The Ante-Post KingThe Ante-Post King
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8706

For me this race is all about my old pal Kingfisher,he was so one paced but has a lovely long stride on him that the trip around Ascots tough 21/2m will suit perfectly.25/1 was freely available after his seasonal return in a race ‘Fame and Glory’ won,he was 20/1 at the start of the week and I’ve just taken 16/1 with Bet365 e/w with NRNB proviso.The fav ‘Forgotten rules’ is the horse to beat but over this trip it will come down to stamina and my fellow wont fail there.

mickeyjp
    Participant
    • Total Posts 599

yep i think he has a very good chance.Ballydoyle seem to have him mapped out to go for the gold cup and he has been lightly raced so to be ready for next week.Forgotten rules is the worthy fav but with the warm weather there must be a doubt he will run therefore your ante post price is looking very well advised.Could be a very open gold cup and last years running to me was the best race of the meeting.Absolute classic horse race.

HimselfHimself
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3775

For me , it’s all about Forgotten Rules . Word is , Dermot Weld has him spot on for the race. I just hope the ground is not too firm for him .

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

Nathan HughesNathan Hughes
    • Total Posts 21056

I’ve backed the fav but will have a bit on Windshear at 33’s as he’s a horse I follow off a cliff. If the going is fast and the fav doesn’t partake a lot of prices now will look huge and worth a dabble Ante Post.

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n
    Chivers1987Chivers1987
    Participant
    • Total Posts 890

I reckon the form of Mizzou and Vert De Grace stands up well for this race as unexposed stayers. As for the top 2 in the betting, Forgotten Rules looks slightly opposable on quick ground (if it is) and Brown Panther just doesn’t get this trip well enough.
    This race is looking tasty. excited much yet?

Sergeant CecilSergeant Cecil
    Participant
    • Total Posts 22

Mizzou is my horse for this, the Sagaro form looks strong and has improver written all over him. Looks sure to stay judging by his latest efforts.

Always expect the unexpected.

GingertipsterGingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26354

I’ve backed Mizzou too, @ 8/1 each way. Don’t usually do ew, but can’t see him out of the frame. Want to be against Forgotten Rules ante-post because may not run if it’s too firm. Although has an excellent chance on form and could back him on the day. Those comments apply to Clever Cookie aswell; remains to be seen if the Niven horse is equally effective on a firm surface. Tac De Boitron defo needs it on the soft side. Backed Brown Windsor last year, but didn’t appear to stay. Vent De Force had an easy lead last time and could be flattered, in contrast to the second Trip To Paris. If the latter was supplimented I’d be interested.

value is everything
    Karinga Bay
    Participant
    • Total Posts 88

I like Kingfisher too TAPK, but also hoping Brown Panther settles better early than last year which may help him last a bit further?
    In fact looking at your replies to Darren83’s thread, we seem to be on then same wavelength on a few (I’ll be keeping an eye on Casper Netscher and Jack Dexter too.
    Any thoughts on 50-1 Biographer in this?

Participant
    • Total Posts 8706

I like Kingfisher too TAPK, but also hoping Brown Panther settles better early than last year which may help him last a bit further?
    In fact looking at your replies to Darren83’s thread, we seem to be on then same wavelength on a few (I’ll be keeping an eye on Casper Netscher and Jack Dexter too.
    Any thoughts on 50-1 Biographer in this?

Well he’s had his chances Biographer has but he’s incredibly lightly raced for a 6yo,his best run for sometime came around Ascot and against the fav.At the prices I’d say 50/1 was massive.

befairbefair
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1027

Would have loved to see Faugheen in this!!!

Nathan HughesNathan Hughes
    • Total Posts 21056

Brown Panther out.
    If we lose Forgotten Rules the odds will diminish for the others.

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8706

Well we saw next years Gold cup winner there for sure!Kingfisher was robbed but proved TAPK knows his horses. :cry:

GingertipsterGingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26354

Vent De Force had an easy lead last time and could be flattered, in contrast to the second Trip To Paris. If the latter was supplimented I’d be interested.

;-)

value is everything
    stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4525

A joke of a race. Ended up with nine horses separated by about three lengths including several suspect stayers. If all the jocks are happy to dawdle then you may as well just reduce the race to two miles but then they would probably try and reduce it to a mile and half race. Given the totally inept ride Bathyrhon did well to finish fifth.

A video of Le Moss versus Ardross would have been more entertaining.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.