The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Princess Margaret Stakes 2006

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Princess Margaret Stakes 2006

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    FlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

This Group 3 race for 2yo fillies contains many of the runners from the big races for fillies we have seen so far (Cherry Hinton, Queen Mary). The filly I like is Alzerra, who is progressive, is my top rated and ran well behind Sander Camillo last time, beating Gilded in the process.

There are several dangers of course but I expect Simply Perfect to run well (has only been beaten by Dutch Art and Gilded) and I will have a little go at the forecast as well tomorrow. Pelican Key is a likely improver.

Am I way off the mark here? Anyone heard any whispers they want to pass on? And does anyone fancy helping me out in the 2:00 at Ascot as I don’t have a clue what I’m looking at (but surely To The Max is better than Paceman?)

Any thoughts appreciated

FSL

FlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

Nobody got any views then

guskennedy
    • Total Posts 759

Indian Ink.

Maxilon 5
    • Total Posts 2432

On breeding, FSL, the only clue I can point to is that MJ’s runner, Winged Flight, is related to Pharaoahs Delight who won the Princess Margaret in 1987 for JP Hudson. The rest of the field all look as if they need further, particularly Noseda’s.  I would include this one in the placepot.

In the 2.35, I’m taking on MJ’s jolly who should win, but is no value and three second places is not my thing. I’m backing Perretts animal, Prince Of Elegance who is improving and is an excellent price. Stan Moore’s Satulaigi will love this trip too and wasn’t disgraced in the Supersprint.

It’s about time J Dunlop had a good winner and Scarlet Runner, (who’s form behind Sander Camillo stands scrutiny), is the one for me in the Princess Margaret.

In the King George – I am backing Maraahel for no other reason than he is massive odds when you judge his form. OK, he gets a beating in Group 1’s, but he is getting better as he gets older and there are niggling doubts about the Holy Trinity here. One of them should win – but which one? And do you want the tiny prices?

Look back far enough and Cherry Mix has equal Arc form to Hurricane Run.:cool: (And does anyone remember Summoner? I’m only half kidding here…)

Good luck tomorrow FSL.

Cheers

Max

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

I remain unconvinced by the merits of the Queen Mary form so do not fancy Simply Perfect. She was also pretty unimpressive in landing the odds in her maiden at Lingfield last time. Alzerra and Scarlet Runner have the form behind Sander Camillo but the Dunlop horse looks pretty exposed and had the run of the race more than quite a few in the Albany. The one I like is Indian Ink, she won what looks a typically strong Newbury maiden in a good time that has already started to throw up winners and has been kept for this having been entered in the listed race at HQ that Hope’n’charity won. I wet myself when I saw she was 7/1 in the betting forecast, but then remembered it was Frank  Carter but 9/2 is about fair.

Love On Sight is an interesting contender for a yard that has won 2 recent renewals of this and the trainer showed he knows his onions at this meeting when landed a gamble in a maiden yesterday. Her maiden form doesn’t look as good as Indian Inks, but she’s had just the one run and does look open to plenty of improvement.

Fancy one of my favourite horses to go well in the International. Mine has run in this race 3 times after the Bunbury Cup but has had excuses for defeats, with the pace and draw not looking likely to  inconvenience him he has to be the form pick from just 3 lb higher than Newmarket. The fav could find himself vulnerable to Mine’s turn of foot at this trip.

Artemis
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1736

In the 2.10, there’s not a lot between Alzerra, Indian Ink and Scarlet Runner, so whichever is the biggest price would be my bet. On my figures, Pelican Key is only a couple of points behind, so I will include her in my bets.

Mine looks cast iron in the 3.45, even at around 6/1(if you can get it). I have him rated 6pts clear, which is a big gap for a top level handicap.

Maraahel must be worth an interest in the King George at 20/1. My figures for this are:

Electrocutionist 144, Hurricane Run 143, Maraahel 142, Heart’s Cry 141.

Maxilon 5
    • Total Posts 2432

I’d like to give credit to DJ at this juncture for helping me back my first winner for a fortnight with Satulagi.

If it wasn’t for the Gilded thread the other week and the comments therein, I probably would have overlooked the animal. As it was, I had a small, confidence boosting bet. So articulate commentaries do help.:cool:

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.