The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Irish Arkle 2012

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Irish Arkle 2012

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Hurdygurdyman
    • Total Posts 1555

This should be a much better race than the Cheltenham verion which is just a case of Sprinter Sacre doing another crowd pleasing exhibition round and winning in a canter :lol:

Flemenstar looked like a class act last time out but this may prove to be much tougher.

Notus De La Tour renews rivalry with Blackstairmountain.

The last time they met he looked all over the winner when shooting clear but was caught and passed close home by Blackstairmountain.

I’m not sure if he stopped or Ruby’s mount quickened but it looked more of the former than the latter.

It’s not hard to imagine him reversing the placings with the horse but reversing places with Ruby is another matter.

Ruby will be well aware that if the Pipe horse gets too far in front he may not stop this time so I reckon he’ll make sure he doesn’t get the chance and win again.

Lucky Wiliam always promised to be a good horse but this may just be a class too high and the others are only there because they want free booze and think it’s still sponsored by Guiness.

Wasn’t this called the Guiness Arkle at one time?

Blackstairmountain and Ruby to win the day.

BiggerBucks
    Participant
    • Total Posts 20

Totally agree. Blackstairmountain to win – 2/1 looks mighty tasty right now.

Flemenstar will find this tough. His form may look good from his last two races – but the reality is he beat pedestrians on those occasions. Bog Warrior took the piss out of him when they met.

BSM is comfortably better than Notus and BSM’s form is pretty strong I would say. All aboard!

Mon the Rubbbbbyyyyy :)

Zarkava
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4704

I’m with both of you.

Hurdygurdyman
    • Total Posts 1555

Thank gawd I’m not the only bad judge on here :lol:

BiggerBucks
    Participant
    • Total Posts 20

Hmm… Very strange ride from Ruby there…

That race does make you wonder how good Bog Warrior is if the form is real.

Hurdygurdyman
    • Total Posts 1555

Ruby is a great judge of pace that was just an awesome performance from a very good horse.

My exact thoughts when he jumped the last were "Ireland now have 2 Bog Warriors"

Gazs Way De Solzen
    • Total Posts 2440

Haha brilliant post-race interview with Peter Casey.

Take it he was pleased. :lol:

Gazs Way De Solzen
    • Total Posts 2440

Haha brilliant post-race interview with Peter Casey.

Take it he was pleased. :lol:

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.