The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Arkle 2010

Home Forums Archive Topics Arkle 2010

Viewing 17 posts - 545 through 561 (of 600 total)
  • Author
    moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9300

My outsiders still seem to be running; no mention of Woolcombe Folly missing the race [Sam’s head must have softened the fall for him; can’t begin to say how glad I am that he is ok; supposedly should be back racing in 6 weeks]; Qiscover Fontaine is still there and no news about Kangaroo Court, but hopefully the ground will be suitable for him. Worried about Osnana’s hurdle rating of 165, and Riverside Theatre is tough and a good jumper. The race of the meeting imo [and I’ll be there!].

• Total Posts 10

To everyone who backed Sizing Europe in the Champion a few years ago…… KEEP THE FAITH!

I think it’s time for this horse to fulfil his destiny, he is a high class animal with a very high cruising speed who jumps like a stag. Although impressed with Captain Cee Bee despite falling at Leopardstown, I concern myself only with Sizing Europe that day and I think neither the ground nor racing too close to the pace suited him, he didn’t quite jump with his usual vigour that day (ground softer than ideal), normally he attacks his fences and is a sight to behold as he sails over them. On better ground at Cheltenham and with a nice break behind him I think he will absolutely motor round and jump his rivals into submission.

I obviously fear CCB and Somersby but I think they will be toiling and possibly hitting a few at the pace they will be forced to jump at…

Bring it on!!!!!

RedRiot
    • Total Posts 870

Dont know where all this inconfiedence on Captain Cee Bee is coming from,done everything better than Somersby so far and that is impressive in itself with how Somersby has done in his career.

Captain Cee Bee’s jumping is fine to me too, his mistakes are like the mistakes Kauto Star sometimes makes at the last maybe going too well for his own good.

Form has been solid too Henriettea Knight how she questioned it was beyond me.

Grimes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1889

I like what I’ve read recently about Sizing Europe’s exuberant jumping.

clivexx
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 2702

this race will come down to the quality of jumping. Seems to be forgotten year after year that this is so much more of a factor at cheltenham than ploughing round some trial somewhere

Somersby definately looks the the most able jumper of the leading contenders. Although the Sandown form isnt all that, he has previously been a real chaser in the making (arent all knights?) showing fine hurdles form. Thats a big positive for me

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5228

I think you are right that jumping is the key – if AP can get a clean round of jumping out of Captain Cee Bee he wins. Personally, I am not willing to take that gamble. Somersby is the most likely to take advantage of any mistakes.

Grimes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1889

Well, I put a little on all three a while ago…. so I’d start looking elsewhere!

Getzippy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1152

Captain Cee Bee for me me.

Yes, he could clout a few which could cost him, but I think he is the best horse in the race, so it is a chance we supporters of the horse have to take.

I can see him travelling supremely well in this contest.

I also like Woolcombe folly for a small E/W.

Zip

Kildimo
    • Total Posts 1

I think Captain Cee Bee will win going away from Sizing Europe up the run in. Somersby will find it happening a bit to quick against these two classy animals and although Somersby jumping has looked impressive so far I personally think it will be hen’s horse making the mistakes as he tries to travel with these two in the final quarter of the race. I hope this is the case anyway because I’ve invested most my anti post money on the captain

Participant
    • Total Posts 32970

I’ve backed both Somersby and Riverside Theatre ante-post. They’re still value, but think they’ve under-estimated a few outsiders too.

I’m Delilah @ 100/1 (paddy power)
    Mad Max @ 35/1 and Kangaroo Court @ 27/1

Value Is Everything
    darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7869

Sizing Europe for me

Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

Has to be Riverside Theatre for me. I don’t think Sizing Europe is good enough/unexposed enough, Cee Bee’s jumping’s not good enough, Sports Line’s not good enough, Somersby will be too slow.

• Total Posts 1217

I don’t think Somersby will be too slow, he was a good third in the Supreme’s last year over 2m and his speed figures haven’t been too bad over fences so far, can’t see him being out of the frame really, but I think Riverside Theatre has it all. 7/1 is a monster bet. Henderson has a superb team this year, surely can be top trainer come Friday evening.

• Total Posts 1982

SE drifting…

• Total Posts 1982

SE drifting…

Will the Sizing Europe doubters now shut up!!

• Total Posts 1402

SE drifting…

Will the Sizing Europe doubters now shut up!!

Great performance – the favourite didn’t travel a yard though.

• Total Posts 1046

CAN EVERYONE WHO KNOCKED HIM

PLEASE HAVE THAT 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Viewing 17 posts - 545 through 561 (of 600 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.