The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Cotswold Chase 2012

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Cotswold Chase 2012

Viewing 17 posts - 35 through 51 (of 90 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 12716

Thanks for the heads up with the weather Beau Ranger, that maybe changes my thinking on the race. I do like to find a bit of value if I can, so can I throw Little Josh into the mix.
    He has run 18 times, mainly in decent races, winning 8 times and 2nd twice. Six of his wins have been on heavy (3) or soft (3)

It’s little over a year ago that he won the Paddy Power at Cheltenham, beating no less than Long Run by 4 3/4 lengths, albeit he was getting 10lb’s.

His last run, at Cheltenham last january was not bad, but he tired at the end after trying to give lumps of weight to everything in the race bar Noland.

I know the problem is that we would have to take his fitness on trust, not having run for a year, but we know he does like Cheltenham, and if the going is soft or heavy, he will love that too.

Nigel Twiston-Davies is known to have the occasional punt, so I would watch the market carefully. He is 40’s with Coral’s and Stan James and if he is fit enough, I would expect that to drop. I know there are other horses in the race that are better than him, but if he gets the going he wants, 40-1 is huge. I’m having a bit of that e/w thank you very much.

Participant
    • Total Posts 139

My first ever ante post bet and the horse is a non runner lol :(

Anyway I was thinking anyone remember this horse

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zT6FLppRHik

Maybe the pipe team thinking to look after Grand Crus and not overface him? with what happened to Gloria Victis.

Anyway My revised bet if I have one it might be Time For Rupert,

Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

The replay I’m desperate to see is Hors La Loi’s Champion Hurdle, just so I can see exactly how easily Valiramix was travelling.

• Total Posts 41

As predicted, Pipe has bottled it…God knows how he can have any Gold Cup aspirations with Grands Crus if he won’t let him take this lot on ( Chances are he will probably come out and run in the AON and beat Long Run now :D )Anywhere but Cheltenham and i’d be happy to take 7/2 about Diamond Harry however just can’t have him round Cheltenham.So a toss up between Time for Rupert and Captain Chris but just can’t choose between them :?

Participant
    • Total Posts 404

The replay I’m desperate to see is Hors La Loi’s Champion Hurdle, just so I can see exactly how easily Valiramix was travelling.

Just on the subject of Champion hurdles,you’d hardly have a link to the famous 2005 race between Hardy and Harchi?

• Total Posts 1982

Mmmm, I wonder who…oh, forget it. You know who I’ll be backing!! :lol:

Blocked
    • Total Posts 2064

Just on the subject of Champion hurdles,you’d hardly have a link to the famous 2005 race between Hardy and Harchi?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3AHDcaVX_k

Holla.

I also want to see Hors La Loi’s race. People say Valiramix was really tanking.

Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

Fraid not, Fran.

I found this on eBay the other day. Will purchase it now.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/CHAMPION-HURDLES … 0800221074

Participant
    • Total Posts 2034

Can not have Captain Chris for the life of me. Think Time For Rupert will slam his rivals here.

• Total Posts 1533

Spoilsport! :lol:

Participant
    • Total Posts 274

Cheltenham currently G/S and under precautionary frost covers.

Eclipse First
    • Total Posts 1569

Is precautionary frost as white as normal frost?

Sorry I couldn’t help being silly!

• Total Posts 1533

:lol: I think it’s yellow and should not be eaten

Master of the Hall is out and Barry is off to ride Shkakalalalalala

Not a bad turn out all the same.

Participant
    • Total Posts 274

I assume Ruby jocks tidal? Could be an interesting battle…

Eclipse First
    • Total Posts 1569

He does, previous form; turned over at 1/4 in a novice chase when the horse tried unsuccessfully to catapult Mr Walsh at the last by putting down when asked.

Thus far; Ruby Walsh 0 Tidal Bay 1 :lol:

Participant
    • Total Posts 12716

A couple of days ago I put up Little Josh as a good e/w at 40-1. I mentioned that Nigel Twisten-Davies stable was one that liked the occassional punt and if the horse was ready, not having run for a year, they put their money where their mouths are.

Well the 40s have gone, and so today have the 33s. Now best priced at 25-1. I still think this is a good e/w shout at those odds.

Good luck guys

Participant
    • Total Posts 274

Thing is Big G, this isn’t really the kind of race that a stable can have a ‘punt’ on. Josh has received an entry for the grand national this year and I believe this is his seasons ice breaker. His price has contracted due to withdrawals but best of luck with him
    anyway mate.

Viewing 17 posts - 35 through 51 (of 90 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.