The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Aranleigh/Nickname

Home Forums Horse Racing Aranleigh/Nickname

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Emerald
    • Total Posts 66

I can’t always keep up with the horse racing news every day and wondered if anyone has the latest on any targets for the above named? For a start are they OK having not raced at Cheltenham?

Grimes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1890

I don’t know, Emerald, but I think there may be a lot of beauties (equine) turning out at Aintree, who did bypass Chelters, maybe including Aranleigh and/or Nickname.

AngloGerman
    • Total Posts 602

The ground at Cheltenham might not have been soft enough for Nickname. I think if it’s a bog at either Fairyhouse, Aintree or Punchestown, he might run there, although if I was the connections, I’d think about running him at Auteuil – there would be plenty of opportunuties for him there.

Darren – AngloGerman

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6965

Good call re: Auteuil, Darren – I’m not sure there are too many races for him there over the dead 2m, but I’d not be overly worried about his prospects of staying the seemingly more common 2m1.5f trip.

gc

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

PAULCS
    • Total Posts 529

The ground in the Tingle Creek, Victor Chandler & Champion Chase was fine for Nickname but for some reason connections chose not to bring him over.

doublethetrouble
    • Total Posts 233

i cannot see any entrys for the above horses in the forseable future

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

At the Cheltenham preview I went to, Noel O’Brien (Irish handicapper) said of the race between Kicking King, Nickname, & Newmill that he deson’t expect any of those 3 horses to ever win a race again!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.