The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Aqaleem

Home Forums Horse Racing Aqaleem

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    steveh31
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1922

Marcus Tregoning is "pretty certain" Aqaleem will miss the St Leger according to c4 Text.

"The horse is lame, so Im pretty certain he won’t be running in the Leger, It’s too close to the race and he’s not right"

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

A shame for backers as he’d have obviously had a pretty good chance. With betfair odds suggesting Soldier of Fortune is also a non-runner, the race looks pretty weak. I’ve got Lucarno down as a non stayer and think the race really could be set up for Honolulu. Can see him being about 7/4 on the day. Perhaps his biggest threat will be his stablemate Macarthur who looks sure to relish the extra distance judged on his Voltigeur run.

steveh31
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1922

Donny could have done with a classic St Leger to reopen what do people think of the other big races at the meet?

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

The card on Saturday looks an absolute cracker. Champagne, Portland, Leger and the Park Stakes followed by a class 2 minor event and a couple of class 2 handicaps.

steveh31
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1922

Theyve put them together because C4 are only showing Friday and Saturday of the Leger meet so the course have moved the best races to those two days

rainbow-promises
    • Total Posts 126

What happened to the horse?
    If he is really lame can’t see him making a fast recovery, good rest and care will get him back to himself again, it’s not over yet with that horse, stating the obvious lol

aphardy
    • Total Posts 190

In this age of cynicism, could it be that rather than downplay the importance of the final classic of the season, MT and the Sheikh have announced the horse lame rather than say that he won’t run?

The view after Goodwood seemed to suggest that the horse wouldn’t run anyway – "Sheikh’s unlucky race" "not certain to stay" etc – and seems as he is likely to make a decent 4-y-o, rather put him away now than chase the prize of a future stud career with a 14f classic winner weighing him down.

Just a thought…

AndyRAC
    Participant
    • Total Posts 318

Stick him away for the Winter, then go hurdling,… I know. That’s what I’d do, not enough classy horses going hurdling.

Bosranic
    • Total Posts 1982

I’m slightly peeved that Yellowstone’s a NR. I was on at 20/1 shortly after the Eclipse. O’Brien still has a great hand.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Is there anything to suggest that Yellowstone would be either good enough or likely to stay the Leger distance. Even being generous with his rating leaves him with 6 or 7 lb to find to win a typical Leger.

Bosranic
    • Total Posts 1982

Is there anything to suggest that Yellowstone would be either good enough or likely to stay the Leger distance. [b:18zmsk1j]Even being generous with his rating leaves him with 6 or 7 lb to find to win a typical Leger[/color:18zmsk1j][/b:18zmsk1j].

Have you seen this years Leger field?? Yellowstone hasn’t been stopping at the end of his 12F races, so there’s every chance he could stay 14F.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.