AOB's Leading Classic Horses 2020

Home Forums Tipping and Research Trends, Research And Notebooks AOB's Leading Classic Horses 2020

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 590

Wanted to start this thread and hope people get involved as I try and find AOBs classic number 1s.

So far it’s looking very much like Armory is the number 1 Guineas hope based on form and 12/1 seems a pretty good price, as I don’t think Siskin will be best over a mile and Pinatubo looking like he just might be an awesome 2 year old, but a stand out shout at the moment is Mogul for the Derby. Still available at 14/1, that could look massive in a few weeks. 3.6M purchase, brother of Japan, impressive hands and heels win in second start. Very keen to see how he does in group company next time out.

Of the others, I can see so far……

Monarch of Egypt – Bit hard to judge the targets for this one, being by American Pharoah, but decent last 2 runs and one to watch for sure.

Lope Y Fernandez – Soundly beaten in the Chesham and the Vintage, before winning a 6F Group 3. By Lope De Vega, also a bit tricky to judge likely targets with confidence, but after 4 runs looks like he has a bit to find still.

Vatican City – Very interesting brother to Gleneagles, unraced so far. Definitely one to keep on radar for the Guineas.

Louisiana – Brother to The Gurkha, soundly beaten on debut, which of course means nothing to AOB runners, with improvement almost always coming in the second race. Target likely Guineas.

Conan Doyle – Also unraced, brother to Delano Roosevelt, means likely Derby target.

Dawn Rising – Brother to Sovereign, unraced so far, but likely Derby target.

Numen – Really interests me on breeding, purely because it hasn’t really clicked yet, but Galileo out of of a French 1000 Guineas and Oaks winner by Kingmambo is pretty special on paper. Still unraced, but 50/1 for the Derby is tempting as a wild punt.

Noble Prize – Well beaten on debut, but brother of Highland Reel, likely being aimed at the derby.

Star of Juniper – Unraced Deep Impact colt, 50/1 available for the derby still is also tempting, as Coolmore will likely to be keen for another go at a Deep Impact colt after Saxon Warrior.

Would be good to hear of some more lurking in the shadows, I’m sure there are a few!

LostSoldier3
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 1894

Personally wasn’t particularly impressed by Mogul the other day. Soft lead, didn’t beat a great deal and seemed to lack real gears. No doubt will be a slow burner and improve with time/distance though. Lacked genuine WOW factor and didn’t get a great rating all the same.

The Sun (if you can believe it) reported that Coolmore were looking to buy Mums Tipple. Interesting if that does come to fruition as it might suggest they feel a little ‘light’ on 2yo talent this season.

IgorBiscan
    Participant
    • Total Posts 49

No Arizona on your list? ran a bad one last time but still looked good before… I also like Petite Mustique & Santiago

Venture to CognacVenture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16078

Toronto was the one I liked the look of early doors, but I think he’s going to be next seasons “Norway” for me.

botchy1botchy1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3216

Looking forward to Etoile getting back on track after a setback. Won a G3 on debut which is pretty unheard of with this stable. Was a pretty strong race as well.

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 590

Not sure Arizona will be a miler IgorB. Lope Y Fernandez if anything will be aimed at the Guineas, in fact looking again at him, if you take out Goodwood he is progressive and likely to improve again, so more on the radar now (Goodwood maybe he didn’t like the track).

Looking more deeper at Mogul, I actually agree with you LS, it wasn’t that impressive. Very short based on that to be fair, but certainly very interesting to see where he goes next and how much market support there is for him, with a possible derby bet just before he goes off.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5565

Passion won maiden well looks to be a horse for oaks next year to

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.