The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Anyone else still a believer in the Lord?

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Anyone else still a believer in the Lord?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Good ground, prominent style of racing, little got into the race over course and distance that was held up yesterday.

Surely the day has come to pray that the Lord (of Illusion) finally delivers.:biggrin:

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

The Lord only rose from the dead last weekend so I don’t know if he’ll be up for 2½ miles around the National Fences!:biggrin:

doyley
    Participant
    • Total Posts 567

Hello DJ,

The Lord races so infrequently you would certainly need a leap of faith to back him with confidence, or with a significant bunce.<br>However, as I was looking at the card last night,  the Chosen One did bounce out at me and I told myself I won’t back it unless DJ posts it tomorrow:)

Now you have, :(  Now I have to back it….;)

Meanwhile back at the Easter Eggs….:(

regards,

doyley

sberrysberry
    • Total Posts 1801

no, i backed the git antepost for last years national and got no easter eggs at all this year so am 100% a non-believer now

Blue Shark
    • Total Posts 10

I shall be following you all and getting on ‘The Lord’.

Maxilon 5Maxilon 5
    • Total Posts 2432

Hallelujah!!:biggrin:

Mind you; tough race for Tom George to break his Aintree duck in, (Tom has yet to enjoy a winner at Aintree)  

Briery Fox for me.

I’ll

apracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3087

<br>These days, he’s 10% Lord and 90% Illusion.

AP<br>

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Hmmm. Looks like I need a new place to worship.

doyley
    Participant
    • Total Posts 567

Hello,

Yep, a very promising Last DJ…:)

Something to build on….:)

regards,

doyley

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

I was watching RUK this afternoon and may have mis-heard, but can anyone confirm that the commentator at Ludlow (Ian MacKenzie?) suggested Lord Of Illusion was going hunter chasing this year. If that’s the case, are we all on board for the Foxhunter? <!– s:roll: –>:roll:<!– s:roll: –> <!– s:lol: –>:lol:<!– s:lol: –>

Grasshopper
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2316

If he is, I’ll follow you right in for a laugh, DJ. :mrgreen:

the welsh wizard
    • Total Posts 352

He won a point yesterday, so it sounds about right.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Thanks for that The Welsh Wizard. Indeed Grassy, he owes me!!

TuffersTuffers
    • Total Posts 1402

Is anyone offering prices on the Foxhunters?

graysonscolumngraysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6940

Not that I’ve seen, although I’m sure I’d prefer to take a price about Bon Accord ahead of this year’s combined Irish / Nicholls / O’Neill / Daly / whosoever else challenge.

Yep, DJ, it was definitely Iain at Ludlow today.

Speaking of hunters’ chases, is anyone able to point me in the direction of a list of those that are scheduled for this season, or failing that just give me the total number of such races, please?

I had a feeling the total would be down thanks to the small field sizes in many instances last year (some of it the upshot of the BHA’s meddling), and I notice that what’s usually Wincanton’s (and Britain’s) first hunter of the season this Thursday has been replaced by a 0-145 veterans’ chase. Me being me, I’d have loved to have seen BOTH races on the card, not one or the other!

Thanks in advance,

Jeremy
    (graysonscolumn)

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.