The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Any suggestions for Oddschecker?

Home Forums General Sports Any suggestions for Oddschecker?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    ZarkavaZarkava
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4708

Friend of mine’s just got a job with Oddschecker.com, developing the website and adding various features. He’s said that the first thing he wants to do is improve the search function, with results popping up based on what’s being typed a la google.

I’ve said that I desperately want a return to the old format of markets being listed, as you can no longer open a new tab/window. For example, a list of ante-post races; <!– m –>http://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing … acing/flat<!– m –>

You can’t use that list and open other markets from it using right-click or control. You have to left-click on the market to see it. Very annoying if you want to look at multiple markets.

We both agree that getting Ladbrokes back is essential, as well as an App for iPhone and Android platforms (currently being developed he said), but does anybody have any other suggestions for improvement? I really couldn’t think of any off the top of my head as I find it pretty much a perfect website.

Nathan HughesNathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 22603

I find some of the pages on there take ages to load, especially on the Ante-post markets. Other than that cant fault their service. agree on Ladbrokes.

Member since March 2008
    Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3185

Don’t think it’s essential to get Ladbrokes back – firms pay a premium to be on Oddschecker and tbh it’s mainly just another tool for arbers which I believe is one of the main reasons that Ladbrokes left Oddschecker in the first place.

Without the firms paying X amount each month to be listed there’s little or no business there – if you start paying firms to list on your site then you effectively end up pandering to them like the BHA are doing – it’s far more important to remain independent and fulfilling a role as a tool to genuine punters than it is to have every single leading bookmaker listed.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7835

Very important to me for them to get Ladbrokes back. I know I don’t bet much and no one misses my money, but I’ve bet very rarely since Ladbrokes left [and if I do I go to W Hills or Corals; the three are almost next to each other in the nearest town to where I live].

PompetePompete
    • Total Posts 2391

Ladbrokes are the leading bookmaker on the RP Betting Site – it is their odds and only their odds that are listed on the Racecards (Clike and Bet) and they are listed first on the Comparison Page.

It was when the new RP Betting site went live that they left Oddschecker, so it would seems to be a commerical/marketing decision that they did so.

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3185

I’ve yet to use the RP Betting Site but if they have a monopoly over there then tbh there’d be no reason for them to move back to Oddschecker unless they were cut a highly favourable deal (less commission, don’t pay them etc.).

To be fair it doesn’t bother me much as I can’t get a bet on with Ladbrokes anyway but I’m sure most punters know where to go to find Ladbrokes odds in the same way they do for Hills, Coral etc. and improving site reliability and ensuring that the odds are alawys up to date and all bookmakers that they do have listed always have their odds listed for each particular event would be the most important thing for me.

Annoying when you click on one at 12/1 and the pop up box says "xxx 8/1"

GingertipsterGingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26574

It’s Ladbrokes loss.

value is everything
    Woolf121Woolf121
    Participant
    • Total Posts 522

I would prefer the betting be separated from the cards and Timeform reviews, pages take far too long to load at the moment.I have stopped using the site because of this, I can read the betting on RP and read Timeform comments on betfair/timeform.I would definitely use oddschecker if they sorted this problem.

richbowmanrichbowman
    • Total Posts 110

Hi Zarkava – Like you’ve said, difficult to improve what is already a very good site.

However, they could do with a mobile site and/or app. It’s a nightmare accessing their site with an Android or iphone device.

ZarkavaZarkava
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4708

My mate said that’s definitely already in the works for both mobile platforms.

yorkiedips
    • Total Posts 95

Hi Zarkava

A link to form on the antepost betting prices would be good as is evident on races run on any given day. Just looking at John Smiths handicap and Steawrds cup and having to flip between sporting life horse search function and oddschecker site. Also a quick ling, rather than through sportinglife link, to replays of races might be of interest to some punters.

yorkiedips

ZarkavaZarkava
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4708

Great suggestion.

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

I’d like to see the date of race stated for ante-post races when you click on the particular race. I know that it lists the races in date order in the ante-post list but when you click on a race it should state the date at the top beside the race name.

eg – Sussex Stakes
    http://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing … sex-stakes

There are a couple of non-racing things I would like to see

Another thing I would like to see is related to GAA. The inter-county championships and the club championships are separate competitions yet the fixtures are listed as one. You wouldn’t see FA Cup fixtures listed with Premier League matches or with International matches so a bit more effort here please.

In relation to NFL I have 2 bugbears here. The first is that the home team should be listed 2nd, as is standard in American sports. The second relates to the blue/red in handicap betting. If a handicap moves from -7.0 to -6.0 then this should be red NOT blue.

Also I would like to see Ladbrokes back there but I appreciate that this is not Oddschecker’s fault

indocine
    • Total Posts 489

an API

andrew_03andrew_03
    Participant
    • Total Posts 820

Jsut noticed Ladbrokes have sneaked back on.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.