The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Answer this horse racing question then ask the next

Home Forums Horse Racing Answer this horse racing question then ask the next

Viewing 17 posts - 868 through 884 (of 1,494 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 589

Have a busy week ahead so I’ll open it to the floor to post the next question.

Participant
    • Total Posts 126

Assuming the above was spam and not an attempt at a question (now removed Nic), I’ll break the drought.

Nice easy one. Which 20th century mare was a half-sister to a 1000 Guineas winner and dam of a St Leger winner?

Extra points if you can name the two Classic winners in question.

Sorry if there’s more than one answer, I will accept others besides the one I’m thinking of if they exist. I have an exam in a few days and shouldn’t really be getting distracted on here! B-)

TheGhostofCruella
    Participant
    • Total Posts 50

Lady Lightfoot (b.1900 so just 20th C) was a half-sister to Flair, winner of the 1000G, and dam of Prince Palatine, winner of the St Leger. Both LL and Flair were out of Glare.

Participant
    • Total Posts 126

Awesome Ghost, I was indeed thinking of a different mare but bow to your superior knowledge! :yahoo:

I was thinking of Moonsilk, a half-sister to 1000 Guineas winner Nocturnal Spree and dam of Leger bad boy Moonax.

Over to you.

Seasider
    Participant
    • Total Posts 773

Here’s a deliberately vague question. I’ll give regular clues unless someone gets the answer in short order.

What was highly unusual, in fact probably unique, about a race run at a Midlands track in August 2011.

Participant
    • Total Posts 784

All the horses remounted in a NH race?

Seasider
    Participant
    • Total Posts 773

It was a flat race.

The circumstances surrounding the winner were enabled by Harry Findlay.

Seasider
    Participant
    • Total Posts 773

Apart from a connection with racing, the rider of the victorious horse shared an obvious common factor with its two part owners.

Seasider
    Participant
    • Total Posts 773

The common factor connecting the rider and his two part owners (one of whom trained the horse) also extends to the horse himself.

Participant
    • Total Posts 6309

I am proper struggling with this Seasider :wacko: :wacko:

All i can think of is maybe colours…. Maybe ridden by Shane Gray owned by Mr Brown and Mr Green and called Black something …………. :unsure:

Participant
    • Total Posts 3442

A stab in the dark – Harry or George? Maybe George Baker to be more precise.

Seasider
    Participant
    • Total Posts 773

Nice try raymo and well done yeats. George Baker it is.

On 23 August 2011, George Baker won the 4.30 at Leicester. The horse was ridden by George Baker, trained and part owned by George Baker, the other part owner being George Baker. If I haven’t lost count, that’s four George Bakers in total.

Below is the race report, which describes the Harry Findlay connection.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2011/aug/23/george-baker-leicester

Participant
    • Total Posts 3442

H M The Queen has owned hundreds of racehorses over the years but she has used exactly the same name for 2 different horses. What is that name and why did she use it twice?

Participant
    • Total Posts 784

The horse is Carlton House, she had one also called this by Pall Mall out of Alesia by Alycidon.
    I don’t know why she repeated the name though.

Participant
    • Total Posts 3442

Good enough for me Crepello although one had the (GB) prefix and other had a (USA). Don’t recall the first Carlton House.

The ones I was actually thinking of were both called Hopscotch (GB). Wonder how many more she has had.

Over to you.

Participant
    • Total Posts 784

horse

Participant
    • Total Posts 784

Something a bit different. I know people enjoyed the “unknown” horse and racecourse last year.
    So name the horse.

IMG_0979<script async src=”//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js” charset=”utf-8″></script>

Viewing 17 posts - 868 through 884 (of 1,494 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.