The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Answer this horse racing question then ask the next

Home Forums Horse Racing Answer this horse racing question then ask the next

Viewing 17 posts - 171 through 187 (of 1,494 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 15019

Correct, over to you!

Participant
    • Total Posts 2047

Frankie Dettori’s 1,000th winner and a Paul McCartney song?

Blocked
    • Total Posts 1667

Classic Cliche was Dettori’s 1000th winner.

Band On The Run was his first, along with Seb Sanders’

I would have made a connection between the latter horse and Frankie’s latest tribulations but that kind of pun is rather hackneyed… or cliched.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2047

You’ve got the right answer but some of your information is wrong i.e Band on the Run being Frankie’s first winner. Frankie rode his first GB winner in 1987, the same year BOTR was foaled. Didn’t start racing until 1989.

Band on the Run now stands as a stallion at Fields Farm where he is advertised as being Frankie Dettori’s 1,000th winner.

Classic Cliche is generally regarded as being his 1,000th winner, when winning the St Leger in 1995, but interestingly on the same card that day Frankie rode Band on the Run to victory in a Class C H’Cap about an hour earlier.

999th winner maybe but certainly not his first. It all depends who you want to believe.

The Seb Sanders part is right by the way.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 1667

Some serious wires crossed here! :oops: Thanks for putting me right :)

There are three National Hunt horses that have ran in England this season;-

>Aged ten or over
    >Rated 140 or above
    and
    >Raced over hurdles as three year olds in the UK

Name them.

If 24 hours pass then two of them will be fine.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2937

Some serious wires crossed here! :oops: Thanks for putting me right :)

There are three National Hunt horses that have ran in England this season;-

>Aged ten or over
    >Rated 140 or above
    and
    >Raced over hurdles as three year olds in the UK

Name them.

If 24 hours pass then two of them will be fine.

Fair Along
    Mahogany Blaze
    Tamarinbleu

• Total Posts 15019

Also Blue Bajan

Blocked
    • Total Posts 1667

Made a pig’s ear of the question… It was supposed to be ten year olds rather than ten and above. Blue Bajan was the more difficult one hence me being willing to accept two. Well done VTC but over to you MarkTT

Participant
    • Total Posts 2937

Horse and jockey in my avatar, please !

• Total Posts 15019

West Tip/Dunwoody

Participant
    • Total Posts 2937

West Tip/Dunwoody

:D Nicely done. My first Grand National winner and not yet a teenager ! Backed loads of the winners since which is a tad fortunate i guess !

Your turn, VTC.

• Total Posts 15019

Well, I’m glad you were happy with it Mark, my Dad had a right few quid on Young Driver, West Tip done me out a right wee windfall…… :x :mrgreen: I was 12, I needed that money for my fags and cider :cry:

What horse won in the last month carrying the colours of Venture To Cognac?

Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

West Tip/Dunwoody

:D Nicely done. My first Grand National winner and not yet a teenager ! Backed loads of the winners since which is a tad fortunate i guess !

Your turn, VTC.

As a teenager I told our baker (he came around door to door in those days) "West Tip will win the National". Didn’t know how much he was going to have on it. We had free bread and cake for a week!

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

Well, I’m glad you were happy with it Mark, my Dad had a right few quid on Young Driver, West Tip done me out a right wee windfall…… :x :mrgreen: I was 12, I needed that money for my fags and cider :cry:

Was it Rouge Et Blanc VTC?

Value Is Everything
    • Total Posts 15019

It was Ginge, over to you.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2937

I was also 12. My sister had backed Ben Nevis and Corbiere so i was bloody livid i hadn’t backed the winner yet. The name, and also being familiar with Dunwoody from QOS ( i think ) made me pick it.

Since then i’ve backed most of them, and had the 1-2-3 in 1994. Even Mon Mome, although i backed four that year.
    The lottery cliche makes me laugh. Wish i could win the lottery that often !

1994 – i remember reading the Scudamore write up in the Mail and him saying Just So had an each way chance if it was a mudbath and my memory says it was tissued at 50-1 but it went off at 20’s ?

Someone’s got the answer to your question

• Total Posts 15019

Mark ,been a good race for me too, Seagram, and Party Politics were my first ever bets……..should probably have quit there. :?

I think Just So’s tissue was around 28’s/33’s, but was available at 40’s in the morning, I was on him too. He was much bigger during the winter but I remember his 66’s getting slashed around when the weights came out after a great staying win at Chepstow.

Had plenty placed, but until NC this year, I’d managed to miss the winner. Should have had more on him, but stayed loyal to State of Play, who was day of the race bet. Seabass this year was probably right up with my favourites. Bet him continually in the lead up, and when Katie got jocked up, I remember a few people gloating, and writing off his chances……I just waded in again. The plunge on him in the morning was fantastic……. :wink:

You’ll notice I’ve not mentioned the losers, there’s 3 first fence fallers in there too…… :x

Viewing 17 posts - 171 through 187 (of 1,494 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.