The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

All Weather Lays and Plays

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips All Weather Lays and Plays

Viewing 17 posts - 987 through 1,003 (of 1,253 total)
  • Author
    FanciedHorseLayer
    • Total Posts 2753

Lost :D

douginho
    • Total Posts 1046

Bazil Brush would have been competitive anyway, he had enough form in the book to suggest he had a chance, the length of victory however was exaggerated because of the going.

Maybe there is scope in backing the winning distances over each meeting at Southwell then? I might give that a bash from an exprimental point of view in the next few weeks. Winning distances today were 17.25 lengths for 6 races. Watch this space.

• Total Posts 2432

Congratulations Doug! You are responsible for the thousandth post on the AW Lays and Plays thread. You have won a free Tricast tip. Simply choose an AW event any time in the next week and you will be given a suggested tricast for that race.

Naturally, this will win and you will be able to spend February having your back oiled by some scantily-clad dusky maiden on Barbados beach.

(Well done to slipperytoad and all the gang) :D :D

Participant
    • Total Posts 1453

Maybe there is scope in backing the winning distances over each meeting at Southwell then? I might give that a bash from an exprimental point of view in the next few weeks. Winning distances today were 17.25 lengths for 6 races. Watch this space.

Could be something in that Doug for now

Craig
    • Total Posts 93

Southwell tomorrow:

If you are only wanting one bet then it has to be on Johnnie Skull in the 1450. I reckon will win by 5L to Bel Cantor…..

In terms of a (risky) lay – Bowmaker in the 1550 :roll:

douginho
    • Total Posts 1046

Ha ha, thanks Max. The 1000th contributor! I’ll save my tricast for during the week when there may be a few more runners and bigger returns then lol!

As for today, hve placed £5 on the aggregate winning distances being greater than 15.5lengths. So basically need 16+ lengths. Only 6 races but with ground sure to be slow and a couple low grade races over 1m 3f hoping for the fields to be well strung out up the straight.

£5 on Winning distances >= 16lengths @ 7-4

• Total Posts 1063

Based on Murphy’s ‘snow’ news on another thread, his MAWREE PRINCE IN THE 1.50 MIGHT BE WORTH A GLANCE.

• Total Posts 1063

…But then again, maybe not….Both Prince and me are rubbish.

• Total Posts 2432

Ken, it was tough today, extremely competitive despite the small fields. No need to beat yourself up about that.

Zefferelli was well backed – surprisingly considering his dismal run last time as a 5/4 jolly – and Braveheart did some winter pot hunting, to a generally apathetic crowd reaction, but other than that you could have backed anything and it would have been acceptable. I did get the word for something expected to run very well on Thursday so the trip wasn’t wasted today. I’ll post more later in the week.

Craig
    • Total Posts 93

Kempton 1615 today – I know it is a Classified Claiming Race but surely Ramamara will win this quite cosily. Another one that jumps out is Leading Edge in the 1330 Fillies’ Handicap at Wolverhampton.

• Total Posts 1217

One that caught my eye today is Keenes Royal in the 2.15 Kempton – decent pedigree, and showed some potential on soft going for Haslam last year – first try on AW but may handle it being by American bred Red Ransom – Beckett has had a 50% strike rate this season (from two runners, one also winning at Kempton) and is interesting with some market support at 3/1.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1751

1.30W DIAPASON – PLACE LAY

Participant
    • Total Posts 1751

330W A Big Sky Brewing Alt Smalljohn
    400W Fantasy Ride Alt Kickahead
    245K Lord Of The Reins
    315K Kames Park
    345K Little Sark Alt Graylyn Ruby
    445K Defector

Good luck all

douginho
    • Total Posts 1046

Keenes Royale 2.15 Kemp
    Duellist 3.00 Wolv
    Smalljohn 3.30 Wolv
    Starburst 3.45 Kemp
    Nice Lucky 15 there…I hope.

• Total Posts 1063

Some money coming in for Spring Fashion (Wolves 4.30).

• Total Posts 1217

May not be original but surely Capricornus should be up to winning the 3.35 Lingfield – improved on his debut to win quite comfortably LTO at Wolverhampton and with a further step up in trip likely to suit on a similar surface, should take all the beating at 13/8. Stable in great form too.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1751

305L A couple in this that might run well at a price. Bold Rose could go well if its LTO is not a fluke and Hart Of Gold has bits and pieces of form which could raise hopes of a place.

Viewing 17 posts - 987 through 1,003 (of 1,253 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.