The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

All Hail The Tiger

Home Forums General Sports All Hail The Tiger

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Andrew Hughes
    • Total Posts 1904

The only one I can think of would be Roger Federer, though there may very well be others in less well-known sports.

cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8799

He is outstanding. Federer would be more dominant but golf has always been more competitive than tennis, which is routinely dominated by one individual.

Pat123
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3121

I take it that when you use the term best athlete then Phil Taylor cannot be considered. :biggrin: :biggrin:

Seriously, there can be little doubt now that Tiger will overtake Jack Nicklaus in Majors won, it’s just a question of how many he finishes with.

Comparing Woods and Federer is impossible but history will tell us one day how fortunate we are to see them at their best.  

cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8799

I was thinking of him when I typed earlier GH but we were talking ‘at the minute’.

Phil Taylor has been a remarkable darts player, utterly dominating what is a very, very competitive sport/game.

insomniac
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1453

That Aussie guy with the big feet that won dollops of gold medals at the last olympics must be a contender (if not a household name).<br>But, I agree with Corm’s original choice – Tiger Woods.<br>The ultimate sport must require physical fitness with exquisite touch and skill. Snooker requires the latter but not the former. Ditto darts.<br>Golf and Tennis though probably need both (and, like snooker and darts) require tremendous bottle  at the heighest level.  

cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8799

er, he was Trackside’s original choice Insomniac.

insomniac
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1453

Oops, sorry – Trackside’s choice.

lollys mate
    • Total Posts 625

Steve Redgrave?

lollys mate
    • Total Posts 625

I think he’s won more olympic gold medals than anyone else.<br> And in a sport like rowing, damn you have to be fit.

And yes, he did get a Sir ige….

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.