The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Alexandrova

Home Forums Horse Racing Alexandrova

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8798

Good news that today’s very impressive Yorkshire Oaks winner Alexandrova is likely to stay in training at 4.

She’s second fav (7/2 ) behind Ouija Board (2/1) for the Breeders Cup Fillies and Mares Turf race. Could she be better than the Dunlop filly? Surely not!

aphardy
    • Total Posts 190

Hugely impressive I thought. She was well off them on the turn, and considering they hadn’t gone off very quickly, made up the ground on softish going very quickly without much effort. Although 7/2 is pretty short, I would be confident of her beating OB. Would she recieve a WFA allowance in that race?

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

Wouldnt underestimate the factor that OB has travelled well and is considerably more battle hardened of course. We know she can cope with the conditions and remembering that so many cannot, i think thats been built into the price

Also, her style of racing is perhaps not ideal for a tight US track (where is it this year?) in a crowded field. Although same could be said for OB to an extent

A is a lovely filly, but there is still the nagging feeling that she hasnt yet beaten a true group one performer

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

Also, her style of racing is perhaps not ideal for a tight US track (where is it this year?) in a crowded field

refering to A there of course

Adrian
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1041

This year it is run over 11 furlongs at Churchill Downs on 4th November.

Alexandrova was nominated to the Breeders’ Cup as a foal.  

Ouija Board’s will have to resupplement her with the purse having gone up from $1 M to $2 M but this shouldn’t be an issue.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.