The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Albert Bartlett Novices Hurdle 2021

Home Forums Cheltenham Festival 2021 Albert Bartlett Novices Hurdle 2021

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2691

Appreciate It 20-1

Mullins being Mullins he could throw a curveball and run him here. So keeping options open. Will keep an eye on things.

Yogi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 47

APPRECIATE IT for me also (bet it for both “Ballymore” also) plus to win any race

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2691

Added Farouk D’Alene 25-1.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2696

I put up Farouk dalene in my thread yesterday just before he ran at 28s

There was some 33s about but I wanted the 365 cash out option

TomBarkley87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1757

Absolutely love Does He Know for whatever he goes in. Nothing flashy about him but he knows how to win. Probably lacks the speed for the Ballymore so will presumably end up here. The form has a real rock solid look to it though. Everything half decent I’ve trawled through this side of the Irish sea leads back to either him or Bravemansgame. The Challow could be a cracker. Just hope it doesn’t bottom them both :wacko:

@TomBarkley87

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16445

I’m still kicking myself, two months on, for not taking the 33’s on Cape Gentleman in The Irish Cesarewitch.

He was very very impressive at Punchestown today, on his hurdling debut. I promised myself not to get sucked in to the annual guessing game with the Novice Hurdlers, but I have to have an Antepost on him.

Just a case of Ballymore or here. I’m swaying towards here. I really was very impressed, and 25’s looks a great price.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3774

Pats Fancy runs in the Bristol Novices Hurdle today; he’s a not very prepossessing looking horse and had to be anchored tightly in a slowly run race last tim, but he hurdles quite economically and I prefer a little wiry article like him 3m over hurdles than some huge beast that has to carry its own big weight up the hill.

The trainer does well with sons of Oscar and he’s out of a Supreme Leader mare, so should not want for stamina. I’ve had a go today at 16s and each way for this at 40s.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3774

Pats Fancy beaten by an experienced Flat horse last time, haven’t given up hope.

But have added another- Fighter Allen who runs in a hot enough novice today. The fav Holymacapony looked really impressive last time but it’s tough enough for 4yos (Easy Game won the Navan race as a 4yo but he’d had plenty of starts), and for 5yos at the Festival.

Mullins has won 6 out of the last 10 renewals of today’s race at Navan and today’s contender is a bit of a lump who should come on plenty for his first run. I think he is also the first horse in these colours for the stable so no doubt they will really want to do well with him.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2691

Cashed out Appreciate It. I don’t think he will come here.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2696

Much better from farouk dalene

His class getting him through on what will be borderline unraceable ground

Didnt jump as much to his right either

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2691

Added Stattler 22-1.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3774

Fighter Allen attempts to redeem himself on Wednesday at Thurles and there is another interesting runner, Heather Rocco for Henry de Bromhead. He put in a very good run at Christmas in Limerick, having just arrived from the P2P field. He jumped a bit like it too- he’s definitely a chaser- benefited from a jockey who is good value for his claim and of course the winning margin always looks good on heavy ground, particularly against inferior opposition; but there were things I liked. He made a lot of his own running and put the race firmly to bed when the others tried to get to him, and he actually had to be pulled up after the post when the others were lapsing gratefully into a walk the moment they reached it. He is stoutly bred and should have no bother getting the 3.

Trainer’s other two in the betting are Bob Olinger who I think is Ballymore bound, and Holymacapony who is only 5 and has a bad run to bounce back from (though that can be filed under “too bad to be true”).

Anyhow if HR gets beaten he might be wrapped up for later and my money will be safe. He’s a fine looking animal for a chasing career no matter what happens this year.

Heather Rocco 33s ew NRNB (PaddyPower)

TakeYourTime
    Participant
    • Total Posts 126

Only had a small nibble so far but i think Farouk D’Alene is too big at 25/1.

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16445

Been following Stattler this season, and hoping he cements his place in the lineup this weekend. Originally bet him for Martin Pipe, but he’s looking much better than I expected.

I still like Cape Gentleman as well, but swaying towards Ballymore with him.

Stattler 14’s

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.