The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Albany Stakes

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6657

Prettiest for me

Wasn’t expecting her to win on debut, her breeding suggesting she may struggle over 5 1/2f but she won cosily beating some rivals with experience

Think she will relish the step up to a stiff 6f and hoping for a big run

Wouldnt be surprised to see oscula run a big race for up and coming trainer George boughey either.

Gl all :good:

Participant
    • Total Posts 16526

I really wasn’t expecting to see her in this.
    I know she was entered at the Curragh 27th June. She is a lot more forward than expected.
    I anticipated they would bring her on very slowly in view of the breeding.
    Alice Springs broke the track record at Newmarket.
    Looking forward to this….

Captain Robbo
    Participant
    • Total Posts 929

EL MAGA ew 66/1 (5 places pp)

Makins first ever group race runner.

His 2yos never win on debut this is a machine. Will come on a bundle.

Bring on Aidan o Brien. It’s time for David to meet Goliath.

Participant
    • Total Posts 26

SANDRINE 16/1 ew for me.

Stable won Coventry on Tuesday with Berkshire Shadow and she had Oscula back in third on winning debut.

Stiff track will suit and any rain will probably help as this one will need further in time.

Good luck all.

Captain Robbo
    Participant
    • Total Posts 929

Beautiful to see all of this rain falling on the track. El Maga will be loving this. Not very often you can have extreme confidence on a horse who is 66/1 but I’m not just hopeful with this horse. I’m expecting to win.

What a story. Trainer never had a winner outside of Yorkshire/Carlisle, jockey never ridden a winner at Ascot. Trainers first ever runner in a group race. Taking on Aiden O brien and the top boys and beating them at Royal Ascot with an £8000 filly. This will be phenomenal.

Participant
    • Total Posts 7520

Robbo

Fingers crossed this doesn’t fall to the weather as you may well be on to one there. Form book comment from first run doesn’t really do El Maga justice, best work was being put in at the end and that looks a soft ground action to me. I’ve had a nibble at 140 and 130 on Betfair.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8937

Talked me into it as well Robbo!

I have already backed Flotus but more than happy to have an each way saver at that price.

Captain Robbo
    Participant
    • Total Posts 929

Oldest horse in the field as well. Doesn’t always mean much but another little possible plus. Over 3 months older than a couple of the runners who are single figure odds.

Plenty to find on figures but in comparison to the favourite Flotus, her trainer can get them spot on first time up so there may not be much improvement to come from her. Makins horse will improve massively for her first run.

She has certainly got a squeak if racing takes place.

Participant
    • Total Posts 16526

The place is under water so cancellation is likely to be confirmed after a 1245 inspection. I’ve researched this race like no other. ho hum….

Participant
    • Total Posts 16526

The Albany
    230 pm Ascot
    Verdict
    Ecliptic. Win
    Gypsy Lady each way
    Prettiest. Win
    Sunstrike each way
    Combination tricast

Ecliptic
    Came from off the pace to beat none other than quick Suzy on debut despite missing the break and if handling the conditions will go close. Drawn very low in stall three would be the lowest drawn winner for many years.as no horse has won below stall ten in recent times.
    Prettiest in stall 11 would also be the lowest winner since stall 10 in about 2008. This horse is the first foal of Alice Springs who broke the course record at Newmarket and a product of Dubawi. Precociously bred when the ground improves she is my idea of a future arc horse and 1000 guineas and oaks.
    Gypsy Lady won an ordinary maiden at Chelmsford but from stall 15 has the rail and the stewardship of Hollie Doyle.
    Sunstrike
    Top of the racing Post topspeed figures 57 lb ahead of his previous rpr ratings

Participant
    • Total Posts 4720

Well spotted, Hawk. :good:

Captain Robbo
    Participant
    • Total Posts 929

Good call Hawk.

Participant
    • Total Posts 7520

Well done Hawk!

El Maga’s white noseband couldn’t be picked out after two furlongs as it had turned brown and that pretty much sums up the job she had held up with the mud flying.

Captain Robbo
    Participant
    • Total Posts 929

If so much money wasn’t involved In hospitality, ticket sales etc and this was a normal meeting then I have no doubt this would have been abandoned by 10am this morning at the latest on safety grounds.

Participant
    • Total Posts 7520

…and if it was Kelso in the winter it would be Soft…!

Participant
    • Total Posts 8937

I will be suspicious of any of the form today. Lots of these fillies will leave this run behind on better ground.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.