The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Aintree?

Home Forums Horse Racing Aintree?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    mead1986
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25

Hi guys,

Ive just been offered a pair of aintree tickets from a friend for friday. Would any of you recommend i take them? i have never been to aintree and have heard both good and bad things about the place, the racing prospect seem very good. Any information would be welcome.

vikingflagship
    Participant
    • Total Posts 915

id take them if i where you :D is kauto star running friday the atmnosphere is great what tickets are they?

vf

mead1986
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25

i think kauto is entered but im not 100% sure he will run, hopefully he will! The tickets are for the tattersalls.

Aragorn
    • Total Posts 2208

Kauto is more likely to run on the thursday although you are likely to see the top rated chaser in the world on the friday…

vikingflagship
    Participant
    • Total Posts 915

take them it will be a fun day out and hopefully youll have a few winners :D

Sean Rua
    • Total Posts 511

I think KS is entered for races on Thursday and Friday. For some reason, I thought he would race only in Thursday’s race, but, frankly, I don’t know.

I’d take the tickets. There’s nothing like experience – be it good or bad. I expect it will be good.

I’ll be there on the Saturday. Just hope it doesn’t piss down, as I’ll be in Tatts too ( open air job).

mead1986
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25

yes your right there sean, thanks for the replies vk too.

I think i will take the tickets, wouldnt fancy the idea of 70,000 people on sat tho! hope you have a good time!

Neil Watson
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1376

Dont forget that friday is ladies day so watch out for huge breasted scouse girls drinking pints and wearing very little.

Emerald
    • Total Posts 66

The racing should be good but Ladies Day has to be seen to be believed! I’m afraid I no longer attend Aintree because of it as they do get in the way of those of us who are there for the racing but hey I’m just a miserable toad and won’t deny the Liverpool Ladies their day of fun.

Neil Watson
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1376

To be fair the Liverpool girls do enjoy themselves and extra protection for some of them is wearing 2 thongs as opposed to 1.

Unlike the Royal Ascot crowd they are normal hard working people and not part of the toffee nosed silver spoon brigade.

Their will be the Style contest and no doubt Coleen will be their with Clare Balding probably eyeing her up.

Aintree is a grand meeting and well worth attending

no idea
    • Total Posts 685

Fantastic course, great facilities and the viewing on the normal course is one of the best in the country.

Enjoy your day.I wish I was going

AndyRAC
    Participant
    • Total Posts 371

Well I live up the road, but I wouldn’t go. They pack far too many people in, it’s a joke – you can’t get a bet on, get a drink, the toilets are overcrowded. Most of the people there wouldn’t know a horse from a billy-goat. Which is annoying, Don’t know why most of them don’t go to the pub up the road, as they’re not there for the racing.
    Honestly, I’m not a miserable old codger, still a young un, but I won’t be going for a few years.

mulls74
    Participant
    • Total Posts 149

It’s a good day – Tatts is actually the best view from the hill. It is terrible if it rains though.
    As for the Liverpool ladies, I am a Liverpudlian born and bred and would normally defend the city to anybody but they are a real sight to behold.
    Going to the track they look a million dollars, going home they look a million Zimbabwe dollars.
    Just remember, they hit far, far harder than the men so don’t take the mickey in their earshot!!

mead1986
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25

:shock: i think i will avoid all possible conflict with these liverpudlion women, they seem scarier than McCirick!

Also a main complaint from my seasoned race goer uncle was the fact that there seems less and less racing people going to these events and more "larger" louts. Hopefully the overall experience wont be ruined by these people!

AndyRAC
    Participant
    • Total Posts 371

:shock: i think i will avoid all possible conflict with these liverpudlion women, they seem scarier than McCirick!

Also a main complaint from my seasoned race goer uncle was the fact that there seems less and less racing people going to these events and more "larger" louts. Hopefully the overall experience wont be ruined by these people!

That’s why I don’t go anymore – they’re not there for the racing. Even the adverts on the TV show people partying – rather than watching the racing.
    I’m all for having a good time, but most of them just annoy me.
    As for the women, a lot look good, until they open there mouths. Though wait till the racing has finished – you’ve never seen anything like it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.