The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

A ton of bricks

Home Forums Horse Racing A ton of bricks

Viewing 17 posts - 69 through 85 (of 279 total)
  • Author
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 540

Please – no allegations against other trainers and/or anyone else in the Godolphin operation on this (or any other) thread please, thank you.

Joe Janiak was open slather,why because Sheik Mo has more money to sue, nice double standards!!!

Others have said Black Caviar was given steroids by Moody and you said nothing. Dan Morton wins the Kings Stand with Scenic Blast and people state that they agree with Johnston’s innuendo,seems to be a bit of a pattern forming here.I even prompted at the time that there were libel laws to protect,i do not remember any reply from you!

Jolyp,
    Janiak refused to withdraw Takeover Target after a large dose of steroid 17-alpha-hydroxyprogesterone hexanoate was found in its system in Singapore. Stewards were forced to withdraw the horse themselves. Janiak was not only the trainer but part owner, along with his sons. He claimed to have used this substance many times before; given to help Takeover Target overcome the stress of travelling. However, apparently in this case it was injected in to a ligament rather than muscle.

How careless

. Many independent experts thought there was a real risk of the substance remaining in the horse’s system – something Mark Johnston (a vet) repeated. These events are well documented, they are not heresay or opinion. Any allegation against Sheikh Mo or any other Godolphin member of staff made on this thread would be opinion/heresay, and could see both you and David Cormack in court.

If there is any risk of these substances remaining in Certify (or any of the other horses) then they should not race again.

I hope Al Zarooni is banned for a long time and suspect Sheikh Mo will ensure he’s never allowed to train again.

It wouldn’t see me in court GT,thats the thing i have warned about allegations in the past.My point was where was David and his voice when people on here were saying Moody and Morten had given Black Caviar and Scenic Blast steroids,silence! Sheikh Mo is involved and he gives directives not to speculate, would he have allowed the same to be said about Cecil etc? No! Oh and Sheikh Mo could take the rumour mongerers to the cleaners if they were saying untruths.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

VC are returning all Ante-Post wagers on

Certify

,others will follow in these pretty unique circumstances.

I hope William Hills and Ladbrokes do the same Gord.

Somehow I doubt it. I suspect a few words of meaningless sympathy from David Williams will be as far as it goes.

Yes David has definitely let the title of Ladbrokes PR man go to his head,It does him no favours keeping punters cash in a situation as unique as this.Had he been the first to refund the Ante-Post punter and set the precedent I would have refunded him one of his many Brownie points he’s managed to lose recently!Good to see Corals and Skybet refunding all wagers though.
    Bet365 and Sporting Bet also join the list of those refunding all Ante-Post wagers in this embarrassing scenario for the Sport.Come on David Williams,better late than never! :roll: Numpty will come out with one of his pearlers saying as to why Ladbrokes wont refund any Ante-Post wagers,I can see it now! :roll:

% MAN
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5104

Surely when you place an ante-post bet you are placing it all risks.

Some risks are common, some are unique but that is the essence of ante-post betting and I cannot see what justification people have to call for a refund of their bets.

Yes some bookmakers are refunding ante-post bets on Godolphin runners – but lets face it they are not doing so for any altruistic reason, they are doing it as a cheap publicity stunt.

I think more damage is done to credibility when bookmakers arbitrarily ignore the rules simply as a cheap publicity stunt.

If Ladbrokes are sticking to the rules and not refunding ante-post bets on Godolphin runners then all credit to them – well done.

Hands up who would be singing the bookmakers praises if they suddenly ignored a rule so that it didn’t favour the punter – no didn’t think I would see any hands raised!!

If people don’t want to take on all the risks they shouldn’t play in the first place.

andyod
    • Total Posts 4012

"This is nothing short of a catastrophe for the image of British racing". Wrote Cornelius Lysaght on the BBC racing site when Frankie was disqualified.

Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

Surely when you place an ante-post bet you are placing it all risks.

Some risks are common, some are unique but that is the essence of ante-post betting and I cannot see what justification people have to call for a refund of their bets.

Yes some bookmakers are refunding ante-post bets on Godolphin runners – but lets face it they are not doing so for any altruistic reason, they are doing it as a cheap publicity stunt.

I think more damage is done to credibility when bookmakers arbitrarily ignore the rules simply as a cheap publicity stunt.

If Ladbrokes are sticking to the rules and not refunding ante-post bets on Godolphin runners then all credit to them – well done.

Hands up who would be singing the bookmakers praises if they suddenly ignored a rule so that it didn’t favour the punter – no didn’t think I would see any hands raised!!

If people don’t want to take on all the risks they shouldn’t play in the first place.

When I placed my bet on Certify Paul it was indeed "all risks" and I knew the rules. So I don’t expect or call for any bookmaker to refund. Every punter knows a horse can get injured or die. So if unable to take part should loose my money. However, the only reason this horse is prevented from running is

doping

. It may be a "publicity stunt", but I’d prefer to think they might feel the integrity of the sport is in question and don’t want to be seen to profit from doping.

Value Is Everything
    elgransenor1
    • Total Posts 625

Please – no allegations against other trainers and/or anyone else in the Godolphin operation on this (or any other) thread please, thank you.

Joe Janiak was open slather,why because Sheik Mo has more money to sue, nice double standards!!!

Others have said Black Caviar was given steroids by Moody and you said nothing. Dan Morton wins the Kings Stand with Scenic Blast and people state that they agree with Johnston’s innuendo,seems to be a bit of a pattern forming here.I even prompted at the time that there were libel laws to protect,i do not remember any reply from you!

Jolyp,
    Janiak refused to withdraw Takeover Target after a large dose of steroid 17-alpha-hydroxyprogesterone hexanoate was found in its system in Singapore. Stewards were forced to withdraw the horse themselves. Janiak was not only the trainer but part owner, along with his sons. He claimed to have used this substance many times before; given to help Takeover Target overcome the stress of travelling. However, apparently in this case it was injected in to a ligament rather than muscle.

How careless

. Many independent experts thought there was a real risk of the substance remaining in the horse’s system – something Mark Johnston (a vet) repeated. These events are well documented, they are not heresay or opinion. Any allegation against Sheikh Mo or any other Godolphin member of staff made on this thread would be opinion/heresay, and could see both you and David Cormack in court.

If there is any risk of these substances remaining in Certify (or any of the other horses) then they should not race again.

I hope Al Zarooni is banned for a long time and suspect Sheikh Mo will ensure he’s never allowed to train again.

perhaps a better solution would be for sheik mo to be warned off as well?

• Total Posts 504

Ha ha, ha-de-ha, ha bloody ha.

andyod
    • Total Posts 4012

Does this mean that Abu Dhabi will be taking over the Godolphin racing operation just as they were called in to take over the financial operations when Dubai was under water? Will Godolphin racing become the Burj Khalifa racing empire? Seems like every year there is a new scandal in the British racing world.First Howard, then Nicky, then Frankie and now Godolphin;all at the top level.Wonderful opportunity for a couple of young trainers to reestablish the honor of Godolphin just like the new jockeys are taking over from Frankie!Every crisis is an opportunity .

Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

perhaps a better solution would be for sheik mo to be warned off as well?

Why EGS?
    Should every owner be warned off for a trainer’s doping offence?
    Should The Queen be warned off?

Yes, it is possible Sheikh Mo knew this was going on. But unless there is evidence to suggest he did know – then he must surely be presumed innocent? Admittedly, in future any Godolphin trainer should be tested regularly.

Yes, Sheikh Mo is a hands on owner and has a big say in how horses are trained. However, that also means a great deal of pressure for trainers to do well. Pressure that could lead to a trainer trying unscrupulous methods to succeed.

It is sad something like this brings questions to all our minds. Like: Why does Dubai/Meydan form (in particular Dubai Godolphin form) rarely work out when returning to Europe? Don’t answer that.

Value Is Everything
    Hammy
    • Total Posts 516

It’s cost me a fair few bob. I guess that’s what I get for betting with Ladbrokes. There’s a simple solution as far as I’m concerned though. Never give them another penny of my cash.

Vote with your feet and spread the word as often as you can to as many of your friends and acquaintances as possible. What else can one do? :(

andyod
    • Total Posts 4012

Nobody knows where the trail will lead but the Head man took this Dubai policeman and made him his trainer (so one might think he was following orders) so he must accept some responsability for his behaviour.Following Frankies bust last year I am beginning to think the inmates are running the asylum.

Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

It’s cost me a fair few bob. I guess that’s what I get for betting with Ladbrokes. There’s a simple solution as far as I’m concerned though. Never give them another penny of my cash.

Vote with your feet and spread the word as often as you can to as many of your friends and acquaintances as possible. What else can one do? :(

I believe Ladbrokes were one of the bookmakers ATR mentioned this afternoon as refunding Certify bets Hammy.

Value Is Everything
    Hammy
    • Total Posts 516

I thought what the hell.

I’ve just e-mailed Godolphin and asked if the Sheik himself would like to reimburse me given the revelation that Certify’s trainer has been cheating with illicit drugs and that Ladbokes have refused to refund me. :D

What are the odds? :lol:

I might look into the legality of a poster protest in a prominent public place on the day of the 1,000 Guineas if he refuses. :twisted:

Hammy
    • Total Posts 516

I believe Ladbrokes were one of the bookmakers ATR mentioned this afternoon as refunding Certify bets Hammy.

Oh right, well I’ve just Googled it and it says on a number of news bulletins that they aren’t Ginge?? :?

Hammy
    • Total Posts 516

Just checked again Ginge and the same Google search produces thread saying that they will refund, as you say. I’m guessing they must have changed their minds. Happy days! :)

Incidentally, will they honour the odds I’ve taken on a Dawn Approach/Certify double then?

Librettist
    • Total Posts 559

Just checked my accounts and Ladbrokes, Hills and Paddy Power have all refunded Certify bets. Would still rather have had a run at £125ew at 25/1 but a good gesture from them all, and the other firms taking the same stance.

Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

That’s better news. Did not expect Hills to refund bets Librettist.

It’s usually just win and place singles refunded in this sort of situation Hammy.

Value Is Everything
Viewing 17 posts - 69 through 85 (of 279 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.