The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

A Shared Notebook?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    FlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

Do you think we could use this thread as a notebook to put all the horses we think were given a tender a ride or were unlucky in running? IE horses that could represent betting opportunities next time out? I can find out when they run and watch plenty of racing (not by choice!) so should be able to contribute plenty too.

Just an idea

FSL

Grey Desire
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1877

Sometimes it doesn’t work out.
    So many times in the past I’ve spotted eyecatchers (especially horses of Dandy Nicholls’) that go on to do nothing afterwards.
    It certainly is something to bare in mind though.

non vintage
    • Total Posts 1268

Actually two of these are entered tomorrow, but these three all look worthy of close inspection over their next few runs…

Decision Day (J.Geake 3yo)[/url:g8059qg1]
    – shown promise quietly in two runs to date and ought to be suited by around 9f on good or softer…[/color:g8059qg1]

Hansinger (B.Case 2yo)[/url:g8059qg1]
    – from a smaller stable but has run well both times, including last time when held up off a slow pace and then blocked close home; 6f-7f should be ideal…[/color:g8059qg1]

Firestorm (C.Fairhurst 3yo)[/url:g8059qg1]
    – very promising last year, but hasn’t really gone on and seems to be tripless; could be a staying type eventually but ultimately will be of most interest to me if sent hurdling, which should be ideal…[/color:g8059qg1]

carlisle
    • Total Posts 772

Hi FSL & nonvintage

a shared notebook is a good idea, a few rules and a bit of structure wouldn’t go a miss though.

Personally I think Sparkwell was given a curious ride the other day.
    D Shaw & S Drowne (the little devils, so they are….)

http://www.racingpost.co.uk/horses/resu … g_comments

byefrom
    carlisle

non vintage
    • Total Posts 1268

Pivotalia (W.Swinburn 3yo)[/url:2qp2xcm2]
    – has run a whole series of decent races on sand now and a mark of around 67 looks more than generous
    – has yet to win, but this appears to be because she has hitherto been campaigned over too short a trip, and all her races point to a horse desperate for 10f+[/color:2qp2xcm2]

Zamorston
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1115

One that really caught my eye a couple of weeks ago was a 1st time out 2yo trained by Bryan Smart called Sirenuse.

It was prominent in the betting and ended up going off favourite. The horse appeared to settle really well and travelled very sweetly for a good 5 furlongs or so, but looked to just run out of a bit of steam and hung left a bit towards the end.

I see it now holds an entry in a lot higher class race at Doncaster in September, so if it pops up in a similar class of race to what it ran in 1st time up between now and then, and with the benefit of that promising 1st showing I reckon It’ll take a good un’ to beat it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.