The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

A Few Things I would Like C4 to stop doing!!

Home Forums Horse Racing A Few Things I would Like C4 to stop doing!!

Viewing 17 posts - 69 through 85 (of 100 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 16966

Well spotted Drone :wink:
    I was in a rush to get to Newmarket myself that morning and mispelt Mr. Francome’s name :oops:
    But it really made me laugh. Poor Tanya looked so flustered yesterday she was ripping papers from her notebook and slinging them on the floor..didn’t even see her at the races probably having a lye down poor girl :lol:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 764

Tanya seemed to improve on her ‘market movers’, the last few episodes I’ve seen she’s had some big odds-changes that she’s noted. I then became a fan of Tom Lee as he seems professional, but just seen his market movers skit and it was pretty bad, granted he had a 20-1 move to 14-1 but he made a big song and dance out of a 5-1 moving to 4-1, apparently that’s an "aggressive punt". He also just had to mention the fact that Brown Diamond had moved from a "much bigger price" of 10-1 to 9-1………Does he even bother looking at the odds the night before or just do the lazy thing and wait for a phone call from the bookies to tell him what’s moved?

Participant
    • Total Posts 3777

I too noticed her faux pas. But hey, it’s tongue-tied "Tans" – what do you expect ? :roll:

But she is not the first Ch4 racing employee to make the same mistake.

As I pointed out at the time – Simon Holt also referred to Frankel as Francome during the early stages of the Greenham Stakes ( prior to his Guineas win ) – " and Francome just content to get a bit of cover … " :twisted:

I have never held Holt, as a commentator, in the same regard as others do.

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

homersimpson
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2904

He also keeps calling Kauto Stone Kauto Star :roll:

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 764

Tom Lee at it again, apparently Scotland was "very very well backed", meaning he made a HUGE move from 8-1 to 7-1. Lee also let us know that Our Gabriel was the best backed horse of the day (7-1 to 5-1) but some info as to why he’s shortened up would be helpful (tipped by tom segal and the softer ground).

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 764

I like Nick Luck now.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 764

I like the setup with Rishi presenting in the studio and Luck mulling around speaking to trainers, I’ve found his interviews to be good so far. Rishi also seems more relaxed presenting now which gives the show a slightly smoother feel.

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5228

Chester has been an improvement purely because they appear to be getting closer to how it was before the ‘improvements’. The booth seems to be slowly disappearing. Presumably, someone has finally realised Racing is an outdoor sport.

chestnut
    Participant
    • Total Posts 698

I agree with BHison2 from what I have seen Nick Lucks interviews appear to be a lot longer and more in depth.

I also prefer Rishi in the studio.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9301

I really enjoyed todays coverage. Rishi is really growing into the job and I really like Emma now that that awful Emma/Cat lovefest is no more [not sure whose idea that had been but it was stomach turning].

Participant
    • Total Posts 3442

Given that they were covering racing at 3 quality meetings today at Ascot, Haydock & Lingfield, thought it was odd that 3 of their main presenters (Persad, Cunningham & McGrath) were in a studio in Chester :lol:

banjojack
    Participant
    • Total Posts 15

Given that they were covering racing at 3 quality meetings today at Ascot, Haydock & Lingfield, thought it was odd that 3 of their main presenters (Persad, Cunningham & McGrath) were in a studio in Chester :lol:

Lack of respect in a nutshell.

Participant
    • Total Posts 7514

Or perhaps the cost and logistics of uprooting from Chester on Friday evening and pitching up early morning next day at Ascot or Lingfield?

Moan for moan’s sake?

runandskip
    • Total Posts 412

So next week when there’s a group one at newbury the presenters will be at York?

Participant
    • Total Posts 590

Wouldn’t have taken too long to take the portacabin (and the mobile tracking camera) to Haydock?

eddie case
    • Total Posts 1214

Mention should be made of Tanya’s big race stats – Absolute drivel every week.

She came up with such tasty morsels on Saturday as 8 out of the last 10 winners of the Lingfield Derby trial came from the first 3 in the betting.

6 out of the last 8 winners of the Victoria Cup were running at Ascot for the first time and 9 of the last 10 winners carried 9st 1lbs or less.

It should be embarrassing enough to come up with stats like these, let alone broadcasting them live on air.

Are there really people at C4 racing who believe stats such as these are useful?

Blocked
    • Total Posts 3003

Eddie , thing is the final verdict will be cast with the holders of the remote control !!!

Keep doing it Ch 4 , the viewers will decide if you are good enough , I have doubts ,but heavens above its very moderate fare

Still its good to have some terrestrial coverage ….even if its poor…its better than none

The folks who sponsor it , supply it with adverts , will indeed have to have a rethink once the viewing figures shrink to low levels

imo

Viewing 17 posts - 69 through 85 (of 100 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.