The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

A Few Things I would Like C4 to stop doing!!

Home Forums Horse Racing A Few Things I would Like C4 to stop doing!!

Viewing 17 posts - 52 through 68 (of 100 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3777

I know I shouldn’t give a monkey’s what the presenters look like but seriously….does Tanya Stevenson look in the mirror before she leaves home in the morning? :shock:

A couple of years ago, when this very subject was brought up, I said that Tanya Stevenson looked as if she’d dressed herself in an Oxfam shop – in the dark ! She throws anything on and hopes for the best. :shock:

Another who is starting to grate is resident Sloane, Alice ( in blunderland ) Plunkett. :|

The jolly hockey sticks ( " oh, hi there you guys ! " ) lass is beginning to annoy me with her irritating over use of "Tans" ( for Tanya ) and GC ( Graham Cunningham ) in an effort to come across as "cool" and wackily irreverant. :roll:

Bring back Cattermole or Big Mac – or both !

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

Participant
    • Total Posts 189

Jimbo and GC are too dry. The chicks are ok just need someone to flirt with ’em .. Bring back The Cat and Johnny Francome

CrustyPatch
    Participant
    • Total Posts 921

I’ve quite warmed to Graham Cunningham and he seems to work well with Jim McGrath and Mick Fitzgerald, although the booth format is still an irritant.

It would be so much better and easier on the eye if the presenters were out in the winner’s circle or paddock areas with a more appealing backdrop.

The Morning Line has become such a big bore that I’ve actually decided this week to stop setting the video to record it.

I still hate the touch-screen antics and shots of the hands moving about. It’s totally unnecessary.

I still fast-forward every Tanya Stevenson appearance. It’s telling that, during very big meetings, they bring in someone a lot more authoritative and eloquent to bolster the betting coverage with the appearances of Brian Gleeson, who is consistently impressive by comparison.

The Grand National meeting coverage was low-key, lightweight and nothing like as compulsive viewing as the old BBC coverage. The coverage of the race itself left a disappointing sense of anti-climax.

A lot of people seem to dislike the post-race interviews with jockeys as soon as they have passed the post but I don’t mind these.

As has often been pointed out, though, we are lucky to have as much terrestrial TV coverage as we do have so we should definitely be grateful for what we have got, despite minor groans.

Roberto1972
    Participant
    • Total Posts 45

Please stop using washed out colour and grainy footage of any past action when doing a preview etc. Why do it? We know it’s not a live race, it’s just immensely irritating.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1401

Please stop using washed out colour and grainy footage of any past action when doing a preview etc. Why do it? We know it’s not a live race, it’s just immensely irritating.

Yes I agree. While it is added to create a sense of nostalgia, all it does is make me think of World Wars 1 & 2 for some potty reason. Not good.

• Total Posts 504

Just don’t watch it!

I simply CANNOT stand all that Dubai crap (quite apart from the droning presenters and the HORRENDOUS theme music). Particularly straight after you’ve lost. I always feel like saying: Take a closer look at Dubai? What, like the police brutality? The slave labour? ? ?

wordfromthewise
    Participant
    • Total Posts 478

Stop using Tanya to do preview voice overs that in the old days Alistair Down or someone of that kind of ability would have done……..Tanya is incapable of gravitas or generating excitement or a sense of making viewers look forward to a forthcoming event…..in fact far from it when she does these voice-overs she sounds like she is reading a script that she doesn’t really understand……the emphases are all over the place….anyone on the team could do it a million times better than her.

She did a preview of the contenders for the 1000 guineas on the ML this morning and made it sound utterly insignificant……..she simply isn’t any good at being a broadcaster but giving her high profile stuff just rubs it in all the more.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

Orsippus was an ancient Greek runner from Megara who was famed as the first to run the footrace naked at the Olympic Games and "first of all Greeks to be crowned victor naked

I used to run "sans" shorts in the High School 100m but found that your willy dragging on the ground was a major handicap. As the old saying goes, you can give weight but length will be your downfall. :lol:

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Roberto1972
    Participant
    • Total Posts 45

Agree with Wordfromthewise, don’t have Tanya doing voiceovers. She doesn’t come across as a professional sports broadcaster and wouldn’t get a look in with say BBC 5 Live. Despite all her experience she is no better now than when she first appeared.

runandskip
    • Total Posts 412

It doesn’t matter how bad Tanya is as being female she ticks a big box with both ch4 and Clare "feminist" balding.
    The same goes for Gina Bryce, I had the misfortune to see her at a Cheltenham preview where she just trotted out what tom scudamore had told her the previous day and then yesterday she was just terrible in her role as race day presenter at sandown when managed to call Sarah Hobbs Diana Hobbs after menorah won lol.

eddie case
    • Total Posts 1214

Tanya presenting from Newmarket just said she was standing in front of a statue of Dunaden :shock:

Why would they put a statue of Dunaden at Newmarket?

Has someone put her away or is she as thick as two short planks?

Will have to watch C4 plus 1 to make sure I wasn’t hearing things :lol:

Participant
    • Total Posts 16966

I’ll find out about Dunaden when I’m there later today Eddie :D :wink:

Tanya made me laugh out loud this morning when she said she was standing in front of a photo of Sir Henry Cecil and the phenominal….
    :? FRANCOMBE :?
    :lol: :lol:
    Made my day.

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    pilgarlic
    Participant
    • Total Posts 788

It represents progress from Tanya if she said she was standing rather than stood.

Did enjoy her noin hundred and nointy noin to one in running remark.

Again we saw very few horses, the cameras being in the paddock just for Balding in that no marks hat.

homersimpson
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2904

I’m sure on the ML they said they would be doing a Punchestown highlights feature on the main prog…or is this today :?

homersimpson
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2904

I’ll find out about Dunaden when I’m there later today Eddie :D :wink:

Tanya made me laugh out loud this morning when she said she was standing in front of a photo of Sir Henry Cecil and the phenominal….
    Made my day.

That was a classic :lol: She then could not even string 2 words together, never mind a sentence. Wonder if she has a thing for Francombe :? :shock:

Roberto1972
    Participant
    • Total Posts 45

I should like Channel 4 to stop using the light surface visual effect as horses approach the winning line. It’s a distraction and doesn’t enhance the viewers enjoyment. I’ve now watched several re-runs of the 2000Guineas via YouTube and far prefer the finish area when it is normal, natural,green grass!

Participant
    • Total Posts 6010

Made my day.

That was a classic :lol: She then could not even string 2 words together, never mind a sentence. Wonder if she has a thing for Francombe :? :shock:

This has made my breakfast and is a classic :)

Who, what or where is this mysterious Francombe you refer to? I believe there was once a jockey and TV pundit called Francome, is that who you mean?

It’s plainly obvious that Tanya was referring to the famous racehorse Franckel :wink:

Viewing 17 posts - 52 through 68 (of 100 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.