The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

A Few Things I would Like C4 to stop doing!!

Home Forums Horse Racing A Few Things I would Like C4 to stop doing!!

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 100 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4714

Take CH4 Racing from me and I’ll sink into a geriatric depression

It can’t be as depressing as

watching

Channel 4 Racing.

Participant
    • Total Posts 32174

I keep up my RUK subscription solely to enable me to have racing on the TV while I watch other things (e.g football) online. There are times on a Saturday afternoon when a third eye would be useful!

I know what you mean AP, April is the worst month for me. World Championship Snooker, football, racing and the start of the county cricket season and a 7 year demanding to watch cartoons. :lol:

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Participant
    • Total Posts 6010

I live on porridge and save the bathwater to flush the loo. I wear several layers of clothes

and from October onwards me Newcastle United hat [thermal] doesn’t leave me head.

Marmite on toast and a York City bobble hat, otherwise two peas in a pod :)

If times get really hard I recommend remaining in bed from October till April with a laptop replete with software from one of Apracing’s teenage chums. This cuts heating costs to practically zero

This is retirement Moe; this is why you worked so hard for decades; this is what made all the scrimping and saving worthwhile; this is the life of Brian and Brianna – doncha just love it :)

Participant
    • Total Posts 2805

I wear several layers of clothes

and from October onwards me Newcastle United hat [thermal] doesn’t leave me head.

Surely as a Newcatle fan you don’t need clothing above the waist in winter anyway??

Mike

Participant
    • Total Posts 6853

This thread reminds of the Monty Python sketch:-

Four well-dressed men sitting together at a vacation resort.

Michael Palin: Ahh.. Very passable, this, very passable.

Graham Chapman: Nothing like a good glass of Chateau de Chassilier wine, ay Gessiah?

Terry Gilliam: You’re right there Obediah.

Eric Idle: Who’d a thought thirty years ago we’d all be sittin’ here drinking Chateau de Chassilier wine?

MP: Aye. In them days, we’d a’ been glad to have the price of a cup o’ tea.

GC: A cup ‘ COLD tea.

EI: Without milk or sugar.

TG: OR tea!

MP: In a filthy, cracked cup.

EI: We never used to have a cup. We used to have to drink out of a rolled up newspaper.

GC: The best WE could manage was to suck on a piece of damp cloth.

TG: But you know, we were happy in those days, though we were poor.

MP: Aye. BECAUSE we were poor. My old Dad used to say to me, "Money doesn’t buy you happiness."

EI: ‘E was right. I was happier then and I had NOTHIN’. We used to live in this tiiiny old house, with greaaaaat big holes in the roof.

GC: House? You were lucky to have a HOUSE! We used to live in one room, all hundred and twenty-six of us, no furniture. Half the floor was missing; we were all huddled together in one corner for fear of FALLING!

TG: You were lucky to have a ROOM! *We* used to have to live in a corridor!

MP: Ohhhh we used to DREAM of livin’ in a corridor! Woulda’ been a palace to us. We used to live in an old water tank on a rubbish tip. We got woken up every morning by having a load of rotting fish dumped all over us! House!? Hmph.

EI: Well when I say "house" it was only a hole in the ground covered by a piece of tarpolin, but it was a house to US.

GC: We were evicted from *our* hole in the ground; we had to go and live in a lake!

TG: You were lucky to have a LAKE! There were a hundred and sixty of us living in a small shoebox in the middle of the road.

MP: Cardboard box?

TG: Aye.

MP: You were lucky. We lived for three months in a brown paper bag in a septic tank. We used to have to get up at six o’clock in the morning, clean the bag, eat a crust of stale bread, go to work down mill for fourteen hours a day week in-week out. When we got home, out Dad would thrash us to sleep with his belt!

GC: Luxury. We used to have to get out of the lake at three o’clock in the morning, clean the lake, eat a handful of hot gravel, go to work at the mill every day for tuppence a month, come home, and Dad would beat us around the head and neck with a broken bottle, if we were LUCKY!

TG: Well we had it tough. We used to have to get up out of the shoebox at twelve o’clock at night, and LICK the road clean with our tongues. We had half a handful of freezing cold gravel, worked twenty-four hours a day at the mill for fourpence every six years, and when we got home, our Dad would slice us in two with a bread knife.

EI: Right. I had to get up in the morning at ten o’clock at night, half an hour before I went to bed, (pause for laughter), eat a lump of cold poison, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our Dad would kill us, and dance about on our graves singing "Hallelujah."

MP: But you try and tell the young people today that… and they won’t believe ya’.

ALL: Nope, nope..

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9301

Not a Newcastle fan but can’t afford a hat from my team of choice so wear the S.O.’s spare hat. What’s a bed, Drone? Me and the whippet curl up on the sofa under a duvet and watch BBC4 till it shuts down at 4am. Of course BBC4 is now under threat as well :cry:

Participant
    • Total Posts 4714

Not a Newcastle fan but can’t afford a hat from my team of choice so wear the S.O.’s spare hat. What’s a bed, Drone? Me and the whippet curl up on the sofa under a duvet and watch BBC4 till it shuts down at 4am. Of course BBC4 is now under threat as well :cry:

BBC4? That’s far too erudite for you impoverished northerners.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9301

I’m not a northerner; it’s just my hat that is. I’m a Brummie/East Midlander [we had this conversation on here years ago when I didn’t realise that I was a northener with me thinking that north was north of Sheffield!]. Us Brummies are dead cultured, y’know.

Participant
    • Total Posts 4714

I’m not a northerner; it’s just my hat that is. I’m a Brummie/East Midlander [we had this conversation on here years ago when I didn’t realise that I was a northener with me thinking that north was north of Sheffield!]. Us Brummies are dead cultured, y’know.

Bah. You’re north of the M25. Heathen.

Blue1878
    Participant
    • Total Posts 179

Emma Spencer seems to think every race meeting is about her fashion, please C4 get rid of her.
    I like Tanya, some do not I see and Plunkett who just seem to do their slots well but Mrs. (look at me) Spencer, – no tks. :roll:

Participant
    • Total Posts 32174

Moehat, what side do you support, Derby?
    Pm me your address and I’ll send you a hat of your team when O’Sullivan wins the snooker.
    If you cant work the pm system then let me know the address of your nearest post office and I’ll send it there for you to collect.

Participant
    • Total Posts 6010

I believe John McCririck was a Toon supporter and he was even less Northern than you! Is he your model Moe? This sort of thing does tend to happen after excessive exposure to C4 racing

As for beds, they are places you retire to when change for the meter has run out, or when BBC4 has closed down, or when you find Finnegan’s Wake to be an easier read than Timeform Perspective

In case you’re wondering, and I’m sure you are: my bed is queensize with an orthopaedic mattress, brushed cotton sheets, four duckdown pillows and a duvet. It is usually, but not quite always, shared with my cat and of course the aforementioned laptop…a whippet, now there’s an idea :)

Participant
    • Total Posts 1626

The premier presenter…The one and only JOHN RICKMAN

My whippet LACE will second that… now pass me some tripe and me flat cap

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9301

Thanks Nat but it’s actually safer round here to wear a Newcastle hat cause I live on the border and a lot of people round here are Forest or Leicester fans. Not that I’m a coward of course!

Participant
    • Total Posts 32174

Tanya done a big Mac impression on the morning line by finishing with a question and saying it exaggerated.
    ‘The New One 2/5, is that short enough’?
    Just need her to wave her hands in the air and get her eyes popping out of her head and she’s in.

homersimpson
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2904

Everything seemed a bit rushed today before the start of the races. Flying through the runners and riders and then maybe commenting on the first 2 or 3 in the betting :x

Oasisdreamer
    Participant
    • Total Posts 305

I recorded C4 racing this afternoon and whizzed through it after I got home from work.

I didn’t see them running through the list of runners and colours for the 4.15 race. No excuse for that IMO.

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 100 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.